+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Expected post match interview vs reality

McCrory interview.....what a great lad, mild-mannered but sounds determined and positive (despite mentioning "missing players" at the start of his interview!)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ6zIw_XzFo

I don't give a chit if he comes out and sings ''The Major's Song' from the Pirates of Penzance as long as he keeps winning.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Great result and personally I did think we missed Doyle, he does more work than some people appreciate.
    Logical considered opinion.. wait for the abuse

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Great result and personally I did think we missed Doyle, he does more work than some people appreciate.
    Completely agree with this. Yes, of course we miss Jim. Doyle is a big loss - in my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by St Kitts Magpie View Post
    Logical considered opinion.. wait for the abuse
    No abuse from me, and its not about bashing Ardley per se I just really struggle with his hard on for Doyle.

As for considered....

With Doyle on the pitch our record is: L D D W L D D W?

Well that actually flatters him a little because that last win was against Halifax. It was 0-0 when Doyle got red carded and we were a much better team without him. So effectively 1 win in 7 (and that was against a knackered Chorley... I could have played in midfield & we'd still have won).

Without Doyle D L W L W W

So 3 wins in 6 without him. Interestingly that first defeat we had Dunn in midfield because Booty wasn't signed at that point. In fact when playing together in the centre I believe Booty & Rose are 3 for 3.

But, as someone mentioned earlier in thread Doyle will walk back into the side. Doesn't make sense, especially when we have players who will be our future ready to go. It feels like limited thinking to me, that's all.

have I missed something I thought he was absolutely bang on, thought the whole midfield maybe with the exception of Rose were blowing second half. Personally I think Doyle has been very decent this season, missed him taking the ball at the back and playing it forward to feet, hence why we went long a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by pielover View Post
    No abuse from me, and its not about bashing Ardley per se I just really struggle with his hard on for Doyle.

As for considered....

With Doyle on the pitch our record is: L D D W L D D W?

Well that actually flatters him a little because that last win was against Halifax. It was 0-0 when Doyle got red carded and we were a much better team without him. So effectively 1 win in 7 (and that was against a knackered Chorley... I could have played in midfield & we'd still have won).

Without Doyle D L W L W W

So 3 wins in 6 without him. Interestingly that first defeat we had Dunn in midfield because Booty wasn't signed at that point. In fact when playing together in the centre I believe Booty & Rose are 3 for 3.

But, as someone mentioned earlier in thread Doyle will walk back into the side. Doesn't make sense, especially when we have players who will be our future ready to go. It feels like limited thinking to me, that's all.

Certainly no hard on from me regarding Doyle.. I see what he gives the team as mentioned earlier. personally dont think the problem is any of the individuals in midfield independently , its the Rose , JOB ,Doyle trio together that is the problem for me. together they are very similar and dont allow any of the wide men to play.. Recently we have played 4-4-2 and that seems to work .. not sure on the breakdown but usually 1 of the 3 is missing when we win (except Chorley and counting Halifax as without Doyle)

Quote Originally Posted by St Kitts Magpie View Post
    Certainly no hard on from me regarding Doyle.. I see what he gives the team as mentioned earlier. personally dont think the problem is any of the individuals in midfield independently , its the Rose , JOB ,Doyle trio together that is the problem for me. together they are very similar and dont allow any of the wide men to play.. Recently we have played 4-4-2 and that seems to work .. not sure on the breakdown but usually 1 of the 3 is missing when we win (except Chorley and counting Halifax as without Doyle)
    Agreed, problem is it appears to be Doyle and 1 other. The stats sort of suggest we're very marginally less likely to lose with Doyle but quite a lot more likely to win with him off it. Now thats obviously a sweeping statement but it also does a good job of describing NA's way of playing football.

All this is besides the point that he's been sent off twice. Thats partly what bugs me about him being brought up today. He's club captain and he's let his team down.... twice. Meanwhile, others are getting the job done. Doyle, to my mind, should be in the doghouse not being lauded as missed.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    have I missed something I thought he was absolutely bang on, thought the whole midfield maybe with the exception of Rose were blowing second half. Personally I think Doyle has been very decent this season, missed him taking the ball at the back and playing it forward to feet, hence why we went long a lot more.
    I agree I thought the interview was a true and honest reflection of the game.

I’m struggling to understand how some people can justify that the midfield is team is not weaker without Doyle and O’Brien. Rose has been brilliant at his time at the club, but for me it’s no coincidence he’s not at his best when either of those two are not in the side. Today was an example.

We lack that fight, quality and energy and creativity without Doyle and O’Brien in the midfield. That is why we were on the back so much as Fylde came at us with ease from their own half to the edge of our box on numerous occasions.

It won’t surprise me that Doyle will go straight back into the team. Likewise JOB it’s a given as well.

One thing that the loss of Doyle and JOB has done is given the likes of Osbourne and Booty a chance to come in and prove themselves. Osbourne did his cause no harm at all today. He had two cracking shots at goal that forced the keeper into making good saves and giving us corners. That’s what I like to see, home grown players taking their opportunity.

I'm wondering if we had all our players back and fit, what would people play as their midfield?

I thought our back 5 played really well today, and the front 2 pretty well. Midfield was a little weak for me - Rose struggled and his touch was poor, Booty has good control & a nice pass but got a bit overran, Enzio was Enzio, & Osbourne did well in patches, two cracking efforts, but knocked off the ball two or three times. The midfield looked knackered too!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast