+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Match ratings v Fylde...

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    The sheer amount of games played at this level. Pretty much been playing Saturday - Tuesday - Saturday with a lot of travel going on as well. This run of games is why we needs a deep squad. Everyone moaned on twitter and here about the amount of signings Ardley made but you start seeing those with larger squads moving up the league, those with smaller squads start trailing off
    Good observation. I must confess I was horrified at the number of signings , but I guess NA may well have got it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    Good observation. I must confess I was horrified at the number of signings , but I guess NA may well have got it right.
    #metoo i'll own up and take back some of my criticism what do i know

Quote Originally Posted by pravda_plc View Post
    There you have it.

NCM's much-used QUOTE: "Bloated squad" was down to the bare bones for the last 2 games. Tootle, Crawford and a kid or 2 who NA could have picked instead of the matchday 16 - oh and a GK coach on the bench...
    In fairness Tootle and Crawford are very strong players to be leaving out of a 16 for this league anyway, let alone when we’ve got 7 odd players out! Would hardly say it’s panic stations - but Ardley got his selections and subs (much more proactive than usual on this front) right yesterday.

Ratings:

Slocombe - 7 - One very good save at 1-0.

Brindley - 6 - Steady, would like to see more from him going forward but a good all-rounder.

Rawlinson & McCrory - both 8 - Very, very solid considering they’re effectively our 3rd and 4th choice centre backs. Highlights the strength in depth we now have. McCrory in-particular has been an excellent addition, though Rawlinson produced 3/4 crucial blocks when we were under pressure.

Bakayogo - 7 - At 33, not convinced he was a necessary signing but probably his best game to-date.

Osborne - 7 - Love his positivity in relentlessly going at his man. Two great long range efforts. Is still very raw but would like to see him continue to get opportunities.

Rose - 5 - Poor. Lucky to be a guaranteed starter in my view, isn’t contributing with or without the ball.
    Booty - 6 - Worked very hard off the ball but wasn’t able to show his usual creativity on it.

Boldewijn - 6 - Worked hard but whether it’s tactics or a lack of confidence (or probably a combination of both) isn’t causing teams the headaches he should at this level. Ended up playing on the right of a diamond which highlights how he’s not being properly utilised.

Thomas - 7 - Great goal. Microcosm of his season in that he scored the spectacular having just missed a sitter.
    Wooton - 7.5 - Class act. Complete targetman display. Which we could sign him permanently.

Shields - 6.5 - Clearly has ability and enjoyed himself in a free role behind the front two.
    Dennis - 7 - Another indication of the squad strength that we’re able to bring him on. Still think he should be starting over Thomas on goals alone. Best finisher we have, but all-round game has improved this year.
    Bird - 6.5 - Good move to bring him on and shore it up. Nice flick-on for the second goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    The sheer amount of games played at this level. Pretty much been playing Saturday - Tuesday - Saturday with a lot of travel going on as well. This run of games is why we needs a deep squad. Everyone moaned on twitter and here about the amount of signings Ardley made but you start seeing those with larger squads moving up the league, those with smaller squads start trailing off
    Sorry still not buying that. Young, apart from a couple of our midfielders, professional sportsmen who train 4-5 times weekly for half a day and are transported in relative luxury shouldn’t be using tiredness as an excuse.
    Agree re signings though if these players are feeling “tired” now gawd help us if we have a decent cup run !

Quote Originally Posted by Thordardaughter View Post
    Sorry still not buying that. Young, apart from a couple of our midfielders, professional sportsmen who train 4-5 times weekly for half a day and are transported in relative luxury shouldn’t be using tiredness as an excuse.
    Agree re signings though if these players are feeling “tired” now gawd help us if we have a decent cup run !
    Absolutely agree, professional athletes getting tired because of a coach trip an a bit of footie , on those weeks we have 3 games its unlkely they will do anything too physically exerting on the training pitch and training will likely consist of talking through tactics and watching videos

If that were my job i wouldnt be complaining i was a bit tired

Was Wooton not a permanent signing?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Was Wooton not a permanent signing?
    Season long loan with a recall clause in Jan me duck.

Quote Originally Posted by Thordardaughter View Post
    You might not be buying it but according to the stats in the league its certainly whats happening! Could be a coincidence, but personally I doubt it. Stockport have been fielding half a team of kids in recent weeks as they have loads of injuries and when you are part time it hurts a lot more. Got hammered 4-0 at home by mid-table but full time Torquay at the weekend....as one example.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12