+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Match ratings v Fylde...

Match ratings v Fylde...

A rather poor game on our behalf where we ground out a win rather than a deserved one. In fact, I can't remember a less deserved 2-0 win. Still, full credit to the lads and management to get the result!

Slocombe - Hardly put a foot wrong really, one ***** save in the second half probably won him MOTM. - 7

Brindley - Not bad, worked hard and did what he had to do I suppose. Got forward when possible and defended well - 7

Rawlinson - I didn't really notice him but he did make some good blocks in the second half when we were under pressure - 7

Mccrory - My MOTM. Won everything and looked composed on the ball when he won it. I said after the win against Halifax that he could make a good centre half and he proved that today - 8

Bakayogo - His best home performance so far I think. Made some good interceptions and worked hard - 7

Osbourne - one or two moments where you could see his potential but overall I thought he was poor and weak in possession. I look forward to seeing him progress - 6

Rose - A work horse performance rather than a dominant one. Lacks creativity without a Doyle or O'Brien alongside him. He did work hard but if he wants to play higher he has to be able to pick a better pass than he currently can - 6

Booty - Largely anonymous and the game passed him by for the most part. Not for the lack of effort I think, but something is missing at the minute for me. Will never keep Doyle or O'Brien out but did deliver the corner for the 2nd goal - 5.5

Enzio - Little overall contribution in an attacking sense but defensively I thought he did ok. We need more creativity without our two best players but he didn't deliver - 5.5

Wootton - He did well. Everything that went into him he made stick but he was badly let down by the central midfield today with little or no support once he had the ball - 7.5

Thomas - Very well taken goal and another energetic performance. Another one let down by the poor midfield today - 7

Ardley - I thought he did what he could considering. He changed the shape when we were getting overrun in midfield which helped to a certain degree and I'm happy that he's managed to get back to back wins - 7

I'd completely agree with the above ratings, except for Osborne, who I'd give a 7. When you say "one or two moments where you could see his potential" I presume you mean the two strikes he had on target from about 20 yards and 30 yards where he forced genuinely great saves from the keeper? I love seeing players shoot like that. We don't get to see it enough and it's what makes football exciting. Please Ardley, give him a run in the team now.

But yeah, apart from that you're spot on for me Tsanho.

It's great to see a genuinely exciting prospect in Osborne. I was particularly impressed with his confidence and the way he kept having a go, even when he lost the ball a few times. I think he needs to work a bit on his physicality, but overall a great home debut.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    A rather poor game on our behalf where we ground out a win rather than a deserved one. In fact, I can't remember a less deserved 2-0 win. Still, full credit to the lads and management to get the result!

Slocombe - Hardly put a foot wrong really, one ***** save in the second half probably won him MOTM. - 7

Brindley - Not bad, worked hard and did what he had to do I suppose. Got forward when possible and defended well - 7

Rawlinson - I didn't really notice him but he did make some good blocks in the second half when we were under pressure - 7

Mccrory - My MOTM. Won everything and looked composed on the ball when he won it. I said after the win against Halifax that he could make a good centre half and he proved that today - 8

Bakayogo - His best home performance so far I think. Made some good interceptions and worked hard - 7

Osbourne - one or two moments where you could see his potential but overall I thought he was poor and weak in possession. I look forward to seeing him progress - 6

Rose - A work horse performance rather than a dominant one. Lacks creativity without a Doyle or O'Brien alongside him. He did work hard but if he wants to play higher he has to be able to pick a better pass than he currently can - 6

Booty - Largely anonymous and the game passed him by for the most part. Not for the lack of effort I think, but something is missing at the minute for me. Will never keep Doyle or O'Brien out but did deliver the corner for the 2nd goal - 5.5

Enzio - Little overall contribution in an attacking sense but defensively I thought he did ok. We need more creativity without our two best players but he didn't deliver - 5.5

Wootton - He did well. Everything that went into him he made stick but he was badly let down by the central midfield today with little or no support once he had the ball - 7.5

Thomas - Very well taken goal and another energetic performance. Another one let down by the poor midfield today - 7

Ardley - I thought he did what he could considering. He changed the shape when we were getting overrun in midfield which helped to a certain degree and I'm happy that he's managed to get back to back wins - 7

Can’t argue with any of that.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post

Just goes to show how football is a game of many opinions. I thought McRory looked overweight and off the pace for most of the game. Good goal though.
    Rose was awful until the last 15 mins and 5.5 for Enzio is way above my rating.
    Rawlinson was my MOM
    Can anyone explain why professional footballers are tired so soon into a season ?

Quote Originally Posted by Thordardaughter View Post
    Just goes to show how football is a game of many opinions. I thought McRory looked overweight and off the pace for most of the game. Good goal though.
    Rose was awful until the last 15 mins and 5.5 for Enzio is way above my rating.
    Rawlinson was my MOM
    Can anyone explain why professional footballers are tired so soon into a season ?
    I know what you mean about McCrory, he does look cumbersome but yesterday, in my opinion, he was our best player without question, and I’ve been pretty critical of him since he’s been here as well. He’s a LB who has covered for us at CB and done a decent job of it so far. Hopefully Turner will be fit for the Dover game and we will have a full strength back 4 again. But like you say, it’s all about opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I know what you mean about McCrory, he does look cumbersome but yesterday, in my opinion, he was our best player without question, and I’ve been pretty critical of him since he’s been here as well. He’s a LB who has covered for us at CB and done a decent job of it so far. Hopefully Turner will be fit for the Dover game and we will have a full strength back 4 again. But like you say, it’s all about opinions.
    McCrory had a decent game but his lack of height will be a problem against a big strong centre forward. Osborne and Booty look decent with the ball but weak when the opposition have it.

Osbourne is so exciting with the ball and going forward but he’s got a habit of diving in when the opposition have it. Booty needs to brush up on his set pieces. The only decent one lead to a goal.
    As 1961 says we desperately need Turner back against taller and stronger opposition

Quote Originally Posted by Thordardaughter View Post
    The sheer amount of games played at this level. Pretty much been playing Saturday - Tuesday - Saturday with a lot of travel going on as well. This run of games is why we needs a deep squad. Everyone moaned on twitter and here about the amount of signings Ardley made but you start seeing those with larger squads moving up the league, those with smaller squads start trailing off

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    The sheer amount of games played at this level. Pretty much been playing Saturday - Tuesday - Saturday with a lot of travel going on as well. This run of games is why we needs a deep squad. Everyone moaned on twitter and here about the amount of signings Ardley made but you start seeing those with larger squads moving up the league, those with smaller squads start trailing off
    There you have it.

NCM's much-used QUOTE: "Bloated squad" was down to the bare bones for the last 2 games. Tootle, Crawford and a kid or 2 who NA could have picked instead of the matchday 16 - oh and a GK coach on the bench...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast