+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's all a bit embarrassing

It's all a bit embarrassing

The way we played with no urgency
    The way the ref was clearly out of his depth
    The way we couldn't put a mediocre side to the sword at home
    The way a 6 ft 4 striker couldn't win a header if he tried
    The way we lacked ideas or creativity to unlock a stubborn team.
    It's just all a little embarrassing.

Just one question Robin...
    Have you ever been at Ewood to see Rovers win a match at home?
    A scapegoat will be required

Yes just the once😂😂😂
    With my daughter against oxford so maybe I should bring her every time.

It might help

A massive let-down.
    Why has it so often been against the more limited teams that we have put in our worst displays, over the last two or three years?
    Until they scored, the match was going exactly as I hoped. Then we resorted to hit, hope and expecting something to happen instead of making it.
    Again, better at the start of the second half until they scored, but so few shots on target.
    Armstrong played as he so often has (lots of time on the ball, but no end-product). Dack, however, was hugely frustrating. He should be able to cause havoc aginst teams like Luton, but he so rarely got into dangerous positions, until right near the end.
    I felt sorry for Gallagher. He tries really hard, but it hasn't clicked yet. It could be that he needs a couple of lucky goals to get him going, as he just seems to lack the edge of confidence which makes a striker act more instinctively.
    It was a real pity that Rothwell couldn't be brought on. He might have been able to supply the element of surprise we badly missed.
    You know how you sometimes get a premonition? My wife heard me swearing when we couldn't unlock their defence, and I said, "I bet Pearson scores now!" (I had to explain). When I groaned a few minutes later, she said it was my fault for predicting it!
    Unfortunately, we haven't got a cat to kick.

It was an off day. But these days happen with increasing regularity in this league. It's so frustrating. They had just lost 4 in a row. We had won 2. They weren't going to lose 5 in s row. It rarely happens in at any level. Never mind this one.
    I do feel TM talked them up too much beforehand. And we worried about them too much. He set a negative tone beforehand. No positive enough. We started so well. Best we've played this season first 15. But in bad this sneaky feeling when we didn't get one one that spell, it could be a strange day. Then they scored with their first chance. Totally undeserved. Travis was excellent. And scored a top goal. Downing went sideways too much. And failed to put any quality in the box. Gallagher didn't have one chance created for him in 90 mins. I'm not worried about him. He isn't missing chances, or out of form. He isn't getting a chance. I'm worried about our lack of creativity at home. Not away. Away we are a very good side. Our system suits away, it depends on the oppo coming at us. At home we struggle to break solid banks down.
    Bennett has been vastly improved on his early season form. But he never crosses a ball in to any of our men. Cunningham doesn't cross a decent ball either. Neither go forward well at all. I'm not seeing Cunningham as an upgrade on Bell at all. He's a slightly better defender. But poor going forwards. Bell was much more decisive. And picked better passes. Same with Nyambe.
    Holtby showed he will be classy once hrs match fit and sharp.
    If Dack has an off day, Rovers will. If Dack plays well, we will. It's pretty simple.
    And Dack won't perform every week. I would expect him to. If we beat Forest on Tues this will be quickly forgotten. I'd have taken 3 points from these 2 games, considering we'd just won 2 in a row.
    4 points from the play offs. I'm more than happy with that. Every side I've seen is capable of an off day. We aren't exempt.

I expected 7 points from September we ended with 6,so slightly below expectations.
    On to October and a much tougher run of games on paper
    Of course as we know football isn't played on paper,otherwise we would of won yesterday.

We have 5 points more at that this stage than we did 12 months ago.
    Danny Graham will be back alongside Dack on Tues, and if Rothwell is fit and well, he'll come in instead of Armstrong.

Champs - on the Gallagher point, I just feel he doesn't yet spot the best space to run into, in the way Graham does. Two or three times, Downing looked up, obviously wanting to try a through-ball, but ended up passing short because nobody had made the right run. I thought Gallagher headed for the near-post too often, instead of varying it. As for Dack, we just have to accept that he has these days when he looks a bit clueless about losing his marker.
    I try to be generous about Armstrong, because he has some brilliant moments, but when did he ever look good for a whole 90 minutes? (Actually, I'd be happy with 60 or 70!)
    We looked full of confidence in the opening spell, but it seemed to evaporate after they scored.
    Being a football supporter is frustrating at times. I shouldn't be surprised, and I shouldn't let it get to me, but I must admit I was pretty certain we'd win that one. I'm old enough to know better!

Imagine driving back with 2 luton supporters in the back of the car.
    I feel bad as I spoilt their day a bit as I was that cross we had lost that one I just didnt talk.
    It was a long 3 hour journey for all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)