+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Attendance

Attendance

Says there was just over 9000 today. Looked more than that

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    Still a lot of supporters short of the 17,000+ v Crewe 18 months ago. Going to take a lot to return to those levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    Why do football fans reckon they can judge the size of a crowd at a glance but electronic turnstiles / computers cannot?

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Still a lot of supporters short of the 17,000+ v Crewe 18 months ago. Going to take a lot to return to those levels.
    Simple solution Old-pie : Kick the Danes out and get Big Alan Hardy back, he knew how to reel the crowds in
    You know it makes sense !!

Quote Originally Posted by pravda_plc View Post
    Simple solution Old-pie : Kick the Danes out and get Big Alan Hardy back, he knew how to reel the crowds in
    You know it makes sense !!

I know we’re still in the ‘new owners can’t do anything wrong’ phase of Notts ownership, but I didn’t think the offer yesterday was marketed as well as previous discounts.

Bit disappointing not to crack 10,000.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I know we’re still in the ‘new owners can’t do anything wrong’ phase of Notts ownership, but I didn’t think the offer yesterday was marketed as well as previous discounts.

Bit disappointing not to crack 10,000.
    Agree , the one thing AH could do well was hype things up........look how excited we all got about Enzio...fooled me

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Suggests being a non-league club rather than a 4th tier outfit makes all the difference to a very significant number of people, though maybe that's a too easy and lazy explanation.

It begs the question that for us to fill the ground for something other than an extremely important or obvious box office fixture, can the floating support only be galvanized by an ultra-enthusiastic (deluded) visionary figurehead on a road to Damascus?

Didn't Crewe being a couple of thousand? The away followings make a big difference to these deals.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Suggests being a non-league club rather than a 4th tier outfit makes all the difference to a very significant number of people, though maybe that's a too easy and lazy explanation.

It begs the question that for us to fill the ground for something other than an extremely important or obvious box office fixture, can the floating support only be galvanized by an ultra-enthusiastic (deluded) visionary figurehead on a road to Damascus?
    I think recent unpredictable form, the fact its early season and there was little riding on the game and poor performances in prior games played apart as well as a tiny away following from Fylde
    I would imagine the game against Chesterfield will be a bigger crowd if they were to put some sort of an offer on for that one we could definitely have a crack at the record National league attendance

We were 2nd in League 4 and favourites for promotion at the time of the Crewe game, who as optipez says brought a couple of thousand or so with them.

Before yesterdays game we were a mid-table League 5 team who'd won 2 out of our previous 6 home games this season.

Maybe it would have been nice to beat the League 5 attendance record but in the overall scheme of things is of little consequence.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast