+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Derby v Bluenoses reports

Derby v Bluenoses reports

What a game for the neutral. What a roller coaster for the rest of us. A game in which neither side rally dominated and it was swings and roundabouts all the way.

Magical start. 1st minute, Holmes nicked the ball, sped off down the wing, crossed to Martin who put it in the net although the contact was not what he intended.

2nd half we score early doors again. Martin latched onto the ball following a slip by a defender and in acres of space takes it forward, gets caught up by the defence and threads a lovely ball to Waggy who puts it away. The first home win of the season looks on the cards........ uet again, Derby show they don't play cards.

56th minute and a corner gets headed home by Gardner, unchallenged. A free header. Us and dead ball situations again.

59th minute and our other failing rears its ugly head. Two or three half chances to clear the ball which we fail to do and Sunjic hammers it into the top right hand corner from outside the box. Roos had no chance.

Just a few minutes later, Brum got a penalty. It was one, no doubt about that and they moght have had one or two earlier with a different ref. Any way, Jutkiewicz got the chance to score, yet again, against Derby. He has scored more against us than he has against any other team. Step up Kelle Roos for his first senior penalty save and it was a save rather than a miss, hit low and hard aimed just inside the post.

On 74 minutes in a breakaway, Marriott put Paterson clear and he restored Derby's lead. That's the way it stayed.

This was a result the club needed more than any other in recent seasons. I was pleased to see both drivers left out of the game and I hope that situation remains, at least until after the court case.

Roos - Great penalty save, decent performance BUT he seems to be getting worse rather than better at handling high balls, especially under pressure.

Lowe - Another accomplished performance on the "wrong" side. I expect him to start there again at Barnsley in midweek as Bogle looked ring rusty when he came on and he looked like he needs a couple of cameos before starting a game.

Bielik - A 5 out of 10 performance from the big lad. A few good things but too many errors

Davies - The odd error but an assured performance for his first league start for over a year.

Malone - A better performance from him than most of his previous this season

Holmes - looking Gemmillesque but not quite Archie's level. He will be one of the first names on the sheet for Wednesday

Huddlestone - pass radar off in the first half but an assured performance. A certain video probably the reason he wasn't wearing the armband

Paterson - Closer to the levels he used to show against us. Has he now settled in and will we see more of this? I hope so.

Waghorn - A typical Waghorn display and took his goal very well

Martin - One goal and an assist and probably more yards in a game than any in the last 4 years or longer

Jozefzoon - a better performance from him than his previous games this season but still not, IMO, sufficient. I'd prefer to see JML on the left.

Cocu and Morris - 100% right in leaving the 2 drivers out. Great move by MM mingling with the fans before the game but I don't understand why he was telling fans it was his fault. Also a good move walking round the perimeter just before kick off. The club has, IMO, handled the incident well thus far and I wouldn't change a thing they have done since Tuesday.

Thanks MA...great report.
    Seems like good decisions from manager and owner. When the going gets tough...etc. Good to see.
    Any changes for Wednesday?

I suspect MM has already got the contracts from HR on his desk, just waiting for the shredder to warm up now

Lawrence's contract being shredded might help a bit with FFP!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Thanks MA...great report.
    Seems like good decisions from manager and owner. When the going gets tough...etc. Good to see.
    Any changes for Wednesday?
    Not a bad performance from anyone but, as I said in my report, FloJo is still not at an acceptable level IMO and I'd give JML a run.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Not a bad performance from anyone but, as I said in my report, FloJo is still not at an acceptable level IMO and I'd give JML a run.
    Have to agree, I don't think Jozefzoon is up to the job.Bench warmer at most.

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    I suspect MM has already got the contracts from HR on his desk, just waiting for the shredder to warm up now
    Wouldn’t have thought there’d be any contract cancelling until after the verdict. Innocent until proven guilty and all that...then there’ll probably be some bollux about the club’s ‘duty of care’ seeing as it was a club organised night out.

No idea what the circumstances have to be for contracts to be shredded.

I imagine there is a "disrepute" clause which might cover this sort of thing

Wonder if Steve Gibson will taking us to the FL due to the club failing in its duty of care Should think it's at least 12point reduction for that

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Wouldn’t have thought there’d be any contract cancelling until after the verdict. Innocent until proven guilty and all that...then there’ll probably be some bollux about the club’s ‘duty of care’ seeing as it was a club organised night out.

No idea what the circumstances have to be for contracts to be shredded.
    Yes it was a club sanctioned night out but the club also laid on vehicles to take the players home, some went home at possibly an agreed time while some stayed out and decided to get sh it faced so they probably broke some laid out club rules regardless of the D&D, I mentioned earlier this week and GP has just now that there will surely be a disrepute clause in every players contract, most companies have a disciplinary procedure in place starting with a couple of verbal warnings then maybe a written warning or two and then gross misconduct which is instantly sackable, I would imagine disrepute amounts to gross misconduct in the eyes of dcfc regardless of the D&D charge, I think their fate is already sealed TBH!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)