+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Derby v Bluenoses reports

IMO we won't hear a thing until after the Court has passed down its judgment.

Nice review MA, and your comment about Martin's goal got it right when the radio commentary appeared to totally miss the mis-hit - I watched the highlights on Quest earlier expecting a net-bulger, then watched it again a few times to make sure it actually crossed the line

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Yes it was a club sanctioned night out but the club also laid on vehicles to take the players home, some went home at possibly an agreed time while some stayed out and decided to get sh it faced so they probably broke some laid out club rules regardless of the D&D, I mentioned earlier this week and GP has just now that there will surely be a disrepute clause in every players contract, most companies have a disciplinary procedure in place starting with a couple of verbal warnings then maybe a written warning or two and then gross misconduct which is instantly sackable, I would imagine disrepute amounts to gross misconduct in the eyes of dcfc regardless of the D&D charge, I think their fate is already sealed TBH!
    Not disagreeing about what should happen Stenson, just saying the club probably have to act carefully. Like MA, I don’t think anything will happen before there’s a legal verdict.
    Just out of interest - and I don’t know the answer - would you just terminate the contracts of the drivers - if guilty - or those who stayed out and got into the cars as passengers as well?

Ultimately the two drivers should be responsible for their own actions, anyone else who stayed out longer and/or got into the cars I would reprimand and warn them about their future conduct and fine a maximum 2 weeks wages

Huddlestone made a video of Bennett vomiting but at that point it was earlier in the evening and he wasn't to know Bennett would stay out longer or even drive

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Not a bad performance from anyone but, as I said in my report, FloJo is still not at an acceptable level IMO and I'd give JML a run.
    MA must admit Zoon didn't pull any trees up but I would be tempted to leave him in . I've just the Barnsley v Brentford game and Barnsley play a very high pressing game very well . Their ceǹtre backs play a lot of football on the half way line ,leaving them suspect to pace down the channels The one thing Zoon has got is pace Something Martin and Waghorn don't have Brentford were never in it for half an hour till they started using thei4 wide men with pace and had a lot of joy. If we play like we did against Brum we get turned over because Barnsley are a team who swarm all over you If we don't match their work rate we will lose ,simple as that

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    MA must admit Zoon didn't pull any trees up but I would be tempted to leave him in . I've just the Barnsley v Brentford game and Barnsley play a very high pressing game very well . Their ceǹtre backs play a lot of football on the half way line ,leaving them suspect to pace down the channels The one thing Zoon has got is pace Something Martin and Waghorn don't have Brentford were never in it for half an hour till they started using thei4 wide men with pace and had a lot of joy. If we play like we did against Brum we get turned over because Barnsley are a team who swarm all over you If we don't match their work rate we will lose ,simple as that
    I hear you mista but, looking at the bits I've highlighted in bold, all the more reason to play JML.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)