+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attendances: 2 weeks in a row 3rd biggest crowd in Scotland

Crowds

Another great crowd today. Over 7,400 with just over 300 Morton fans. More than the total crowds at the other 3 championship games. Keep playing like that and the punters will go. I think last season we would have had around 4500 to 5000 so it looks like people are buying into it. Long may it continue.

Averaging over 9k and without the derby 7.5k...

The likes of the Fun and currently Killie, Well etc even if performing get 6k max average in the top flight

Not had we didn't already know we are the obvious 6th biggest support in the country it's good to see the ceuta back after the dip under Csaba (they held up well after relegation and during McKinnons tenure)

Attendances: 2 weeks in a row 3rd biggest crowd in Scotland

Our crowd v Arbroath easily beat St Johnstone v Rangers last week and this week comfortably 3rd again. Meanwhile Hamilton v Livingston drew 1,075.

Hopefully back where we belong soon

I wondered about the attendance yesterday as I thought there was a lot less than what was reported? Are we doing a Celtic and counting season ticket sales and including in any figure as opposed to actual real attendees?

Not at either game but from highlights you can see more in the GF top and lowers

Just to be pedantic here's the crowd stats so far

ICT 7023
    Fun 14108
    Fishsmokers 7877
    Morton 7404

Avg outwith Fun game is 7435
    Last edited by stokearab; 29-09-2019 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    I wondered about the attendance yesterday as I thought there was a lot less than what was reported? Are we doing a Celtic and counting season ticket sales and including in any figure as opposed to actual real attendees?

Not sure but even if that's the case then we will be one of the last to go that route and so not gaining anything by it

I don't like it in general, prefer all clubs just announce actual attendees but unfortunately that's not the case, Dundee have done this for years, Dunfermline too, Falkirk, hibs, hearts, sheep, the bigots etc

In any like for like we are the 6th in the country for crowds

I know for certain that they count all season ticket, and then add on the gate receipts. That said I think this is common practice at every club. It did look like a decent crowd again yesterday.

They count all season tickets, and then add on the gate receipts. That said I think this is common practice most of nt all clubs. It did look like a decent crowd again yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    They count all season tickets, and then add on the gate receipts. That said I think this is common practice most of nt all clubs. It did look like a decent crowd again yesterday.
    I am only counting one of your posts rather than two,i like to be different.

😂 cheers GB. Didn’t think first one went through.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)