+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feel For Stendel And The Players

Feel For Stendel And The Players

You'll not get me knocking the HC and the players , the lads give it everything and the HC can only do so much with what he's presented to work with .

You could argue Stendel's tactics are naive but if the players are naive and inexperienced then what is he supposed to do .

I've accepted the inevitable relegation , ain't no way are we even close to being competitive at this level , if we manage 30 points I will be absolutely amazed .

We've got a great HC here and they have absolutely shyte on Stendel with this insane policy .

Enough money has passed through this club and if spent wisely would have us lower mid table easily .

Last season's promotion was bloody hard graft and this policy just t@sses it away , I can't get my head around it .

Haven't a fecking clue at this level .

Sky co pundit Keith Andrews (I think) nailed it in one at the end--"Barnsley are in desperate need of two or three experienced players", We know it, Daniel knows it---but Hoss, Spud and the Recruitment Team know best.

Could easily ev been 1-5 today. Same old. Can't fault the effort but effort is not enough at this level.

Ironically that Said Benrahma who ran the game was bought by Brentford from OGC Nice for £1.5 million where Dog was raking in transfer surpluses. Why weren't our Recruitment Team all over him ? The answer is he is 24 years old.

Who will get the blame when relegation beckons ? Will the Head Coach be sacked or will it be the Recruitment Team led by Spud and Hoss ?

Derby County and Preston to come before the International Break. Six points anyone ?

We're not good enough . Can't really fault players or HC , it's them so called knowittawls that no f/all abart football that get me .

The positive out of all this is to have our opponents in your accumulator every game, might as well try to win some money?

Players held a meeting afta match wiart Stendel apparently ?

Summats not reyt darn Theer

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    I dont blame the players and I certainly dont blame Herr Stendel. We know where the fault lies here lads, weve been totally sold down the river by these owners, and they have absolutely ruined what was a great promotion season.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post

Had a meeting after the defeat at Wycombe last December , we then didn't lose again for 21 games .

I think it's good that they have it out and take the collective responsibility .

Maybe they can approach Stendel and say hey gaffer we can't play this way we need to change it .

At the end of the day they are the ones tasked with getting results and if they feel another way can do that then fair enough .

We were far too open today , you can only play that way like we did last season when you have significantly better players , when its open like we saw today the team with the better quality will always win , all day long .

If we had a bit more quality offensively then fair enough but apart from Woodrow we just haven't got that .

We needed to score two or three in the first 25 minutes when we were on top today and weren't good enough to do that .

It's entertaining don't get me wrong but it won't get the results we need .

Depends how you see it , go down sticking to your principles or become a little less entertaining and give yourself half a chance .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Had a meeting after the defeat at Wycombe last December , we then didn't lose again for 21 games .

I think it's good that they have it out and take the collective responsibility .

Maybe they can approach Stendel and say hey gaffer we can't play this way we need to change it .

At the end of the day they are the ones tasked with getting results and if they feel another way can do that then fair enough .

We were far too open today , you can only play that way like we did last season when you have significantly better players , when its open like we saw today the team with the better quality will always win , all day long .

If we had a bit more quality offensively then fair enough but apart from Woodrow we just haven't got that .

We needed to score two or three in the first 25 minutes when we were on top today and weren't good enough to do that .

It's entertaining don't get me wrong but it won't get the results we need .

Depends how you see it , go down sticking to your principles or become a little less entertaining and give yourself half a chance .
    We're one dimensional and too predictable mate. Stendel needs to realise that a lot of goals can be scored from set pieces. It's an important part of the game and we let it pass us by. We must learn how to get through bad spells in games with damage limitation rather than going gung ho at every opportunity, this is where the experience comes in. Tha cant laik like that for 90mins because the better quality in this division can easily pick you off. We were horribly exposed at times today but it's hardly surprising when thaz got a league 1 defender laiking in our midfield and a young lad laikin art of position at left back. To me this tells it's own story in that our head coach clearly doesn't rate his other options. Its obvious why Stendel ent signed a contract extension with the shower of shyte the board has flung in his direction. Tightrope wi 2 brokun legs springs to mind

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    We're one dimensional and too predictable mate. Stendel needs to realise that a lot of goals can be scored from set pieces. It's an important part of the game and we let it pass us by. We must learn how to get through bad spells in games with damage limitation rather than going gung ho at every opportunity, this is where the experience comes in. Tha cant laik like that for 90mins because the better quality in this division can easily pick you off. We were horribly exposed at times today but it's hardly surprising when thaz got a league 1 defender laiking in our midfield and a young lad laikin art of position at left back. To me this tells it's own story in that our head coach clearly doesn't rate his other options. Its obvious why Stendel ent signed a contract extension with the shower of shyte the board has flung in his direction. Tightrope wi 2 brokun legs springs to mind
    The amount of space we leave behind the back four is frightening Pass , all it takes is one pass and a well timed run and you are in one on one , a better team than Brentford would have had 6 or 7 .

At times I couldn't believe our naivety , reminded me of the first half of the season in the PL .

I don't want to knock Stendel , love the guy but fecking hell mate .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The amount of space we leave behind the back four is frightening Pass , all it takes is one pass and a well timed run and you are in one on one , a better team than Brentford would have had 6 or 7 .

At times I couldn't believe our naivety , reminded me of the first half of the season in the PL .

I don't want to knock Stendel , love the guy but fecking hell mate .
    I agree mi owd, we are far too high up the pitch. If we are gonna play with a high line then Collins has to be positioned more on the edge of his box to act as a sweeper and narrow the gap otherwise it could get embarrassing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast