+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OT knee replacement surgery

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    Thanks Ronners, that's encouraging to hear. I already struggle with bending my left knee so despite the decent leg room at NYS it's still just not quite enough unless the seat next to me is empty then I can stretch it.
    How long were you on crutches mate?
    I was on crutches for around a couple of weeks Hazza and just had to walk steady and not try and rush. Your physio will tell you what you can and can't do buddy but it will all be worth it in the end.

Hazza, just follow the song and you'll be fine pal...

https://youtu.be/gccYLBGdX08

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

And they say drugs are a problem these days

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

Haha I'll keep it in mind!

My dad is seeing a surgeon at RDG this afternoon about an ankle replacement. I'm so jelous.

Had one done in 2016, it was eight months of agony for me ! I have full movement now but it still creaks and bangs, had mine done in Claremont up Sheffield, physio is basically up to you, I think I might have done myself some damage by over doing it ? Cam walk ok now but won’t be rushing back for the other one done any time soon.

Had right one done in Medway in 2007. Never really looked back but now again a bit of gip when its cold.

I had a new right knee replacement in March 2016 at Rotherham General hospital at just
    short of 66 years of age, I was told i needed a new right knee replacement in August 2001,
    at the age of 50, but told at that time I was to young to have it, at the time you had to be
    60 years plus to qualify, I also had sleep apnoea & have a CPAP machine
    I snapped my quadreceps off my right knee in 2011 while on holiday in Spain, Staysure
    insurance company would not pay for operation to repair the knee, Staysure medical advisor
    said I could wait until returning to UK for operation, so NHS had to pick the bill up.
    I went to Badsley Moor lane for physio after both operations.
    After my new knee replacement and during my physio treatment, i helped myself by getting
    a skateboard, to which when at home I sat in a chair, then worked my knee back & forewards
    to aid my recovery, in the house I put a piece of cardboard on the carpet, so the skateboard
    moved back & forewards easier.
    I had a new left hip replacement in March 2018, then this Monday gone on the 30 September
    2019, I saw the consultant at Rotherham General Hospital, to which now I have to have a new
    right hip replacement, so on the list. ( When owt happens to me, our lass will be better taking
    me to Booths scrapyard, I'll be worth more ).
    I have also been down to theatre 2 different times for diagnostic injection of cortisone into
    both my hips.
    All my treatment at Rotherham General Hospital has been carried out by the same consultant,
    Mr Steven Blair, a very good orthopaedic surgeon.
    My new right knee replacement gives me a bit of jip, but compared to how it was before the
    operation, I am happy, my new left hip is great, can't wait for right hip doing, left knee is
    giving me a bit of jip, having to compensate for my right knee for years.
    Have a laugh when going through metal detector at airports, the alarm always goes off, &
    tomorrow I am flying from Doncaster airport, so the alarm will be going off.

Thanks for that Ericslad, Mr Blair is doing my knee tomorrow, I've only heard good things about his work so that's encouraging. I'm glad your surgeries went well eventually. I check in at RGH tomorrow morning and have to say I'm currently bricking it.

Quote Originally Posted by kentmillerman View Post
    Had right one done in Medway in 2007. Never really looked back but now again a bit of gip when its cold.
    Great stuff mate, I guess a few problems and niggles can be expected from time to time but from a personal point of view it can't be any worse than it already is, my knees are bone on bone and have been for some time but the problem one is the left knee. Anyway I'm encouraged by what I've read on here and by other people's accounts. Cheers fellas you're a decent bunch

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast