+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Left back / Right back

Left back / Right back

Decisions to be made now......

With Bogle looking like he’s near to starting again, I would assume that he ends up playing right side of defence which then leaves left side to be thought about......

Max Lowe has come in, played out of position and done well.... do we now put him in his preferred position of left back at the expense of Malone?

I’d love to see Lowe have a run of games there and see what he can do for us now he’s more settled on the first 11!

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich2462 View Post
    Decisions to be made now......

With Bogle looking like he’s near to starting again, I would assume that he ends up playing right side of defence which then leaves left side to be thought about......

Max Lowe has come in, played out of position and done well.... do we now put him in his preferred position of left back at the expense of Malone?

I’d love to see Lowe have a run of games there and see what he can do for us now he’s more settled on the first 11!

Thoughts?
    First time on the board in a long time.

Thoughts on this post, would love to see Bogle and Lowe either side in a 352 formation.

Thoughts on the board, same idiot seems intent on hogging the limelight.

Will be a while before I'm back again.

That's no way to talk about RamAnag 😜

Not for me mate, I'd have Bogle on the right and Malone on the left, Lowe on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    That's no way to talk about RamAnag ��
    Steady, Parky!

Bogle on the right and Lowe on the left for me, Malone ok going forward but defends like a striker. So Malone on the Bench for me until Wisdom comes back then get rid!
    Also what is worrying me is the team is starting to look old again!
    Last edited by Manofpride; 29-09-2019 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Bogle on the right and Lowe on the left for me, Malone ok going forward but defends like a striker. So Malone on the Bench for me until Wisdom comes back then get rid!
    Also what is worrying me is the team is starting to look old again!
    Agree with you on the fullbacks.

Not sure about the ‘starting to look old again thing’. The loans of three quality youngsters last season brought the average age down but that was a bit misleading and never going to be long term unless we went up.

I like a blend of youth and experience and it’s all become a bit ‘needs must’ anyway at the moment.

Whatever the system I would prefer the Lowe/Bogle combo either as full backs in a back 4 or as wing backs in a MF 5 in front of a back 3 of Wisdom, Davies, Clark. Bielik in the middle of the MF5 along with Holmes and Knight/Sibley. Pick any 2 from Martin, Marriott and Waghorn up top.

Clark had a decent start for us but has gone downhill since then. In his last couple of appearances his distribution has been worse than the DWP with regard to Universal Credit. I see Davies as a claming influence who will coax the best out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Whatever the system I would prefer the Lowe/Bogle combo either as full backs in a back 4 or as wing backs in a MF 5 in front of a back 3 of Wisdom, Davies, Clark. Bielik in the middle of the MF5 along with Holmes and Knight/Sibley. Pick any 2 from Martin, Marriott and Waghorn up top.

Clark had a decent start for us but has gone downhill since then. In his last couple of appearances his distribution has been worse than the DWP with regard to Universal Credit. I see Davies as a claming influence who will coax the best out of him.
    I'm of a similar opinion, with maybe Forsyth replacing Clark and also throwing Paterson into the mix.

Are we assuming that Lawrence and Bennett have no future at the club?

Is Forsyth back from injury and ready for another season ending one now?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)