+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: This hurts

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigSausage View Post
    I watched the game and saw desperate defending , no attack , no shots , no corners , So what I supposed to get " out of the game"?
    Yes you saw desperate defending. I call it very good defending that carried it's own earned luck. Of course it could've easily went wrong. Of course it's not pretty. I hate it myself but I try to take something from the game as my enjoyment rather than rely on stats to dictate what I see.
    I don't need stats to see what the game was as a spectacle but the first half was fine.
    The second half Chelsea upped the ante and pressured us, which was to be expected. We attacked as and when it was feasible with the saint being a bit of a thorn in their side, even if the end product wasn't there.

If you didn't enjoy the game then fair enough. I didn't particularly excitedly enjoy it myself but I held out hope that we could nick something.
    However, I did thoroughly enjoy the Man Utd game and maybe it was a bit too much to expect the same level away to Chelsea.

When our luck runs out and heads drop,we start shipping 3 or 4 a game .
    When most teams' luck runs out they will likely ship 3 or 4 or 5 or 6. I'm not overly interested in what might happen in terms of the bad. I'm more interested in what might happen in terms of the good.
    When our luck's in we might actually score a good few as well. Especially if the team/squad gets to full grips.

At this scoring rate we will end up with about 20 goals for the season .
    Will that keep us up?
    At this scoring rate we're on 8 points. At this scoring rate we're 4 points below 7th.
    It's also easy to say " yeah but we're in a relegation place."

It depends on which way you want to view it.

I'll have a good old moan when I think things won't get better. I personally think things will get much better and I'm buoyed that Bruce seems to be getting the players together for him...not for anyone else...and when you consider what he walked into and now to be where we're at after 9 games and considering the teams we've played...I'll say I'm more than content to be accepting and hopeful for the season ahead.

If you don't feel there's anything to cheer then you go right ahead.
    We have a lot more quality than people think, In my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Yes you saw desperate defending. I call it very good defending that carried it's own earned luck. Of course it could've easily went wrong. Of course it's not pretty. I hate it myself but I try to take something from the game as my enjoyment rather than rely on stats to dictate what I see.
    I don't need stats to see what the game was as a spectacle but the first half was fine.
    The second half Chelsea upped the ante and pressured us, which was to be expected. We attacked as and when it was feasible with the saint being a bit of a thorn in their side, even if the end product wasn't there.

If you didn't enjoy the game then fair enough. I didn't particularly excitedly enjoy it myself but I held out hope that we could nick something.
    However, I did thoroughly enjoy the Man Utd game and maybe it was a bit too much to expect the same level away to Chelsea.

When most teams' luck runs out they will likely ship 3 or 4 or 5 or 6. I'm not overly interested in what might happen in terms of the bad. I'm more interested in what might happen in terms of the good.
    When our luck's in we might actually score a good few as well. Especially if the team/squad gets to full grips.

At this scoring rate we're on 8 points. At this scoring rate we're 4 points below 7th.
    It's also easy to say " yeah but we're in a relegation place."

It depends on which way you want to view it.

I'll have a good old moan when I think things won't get better. I personally think things will get much better and I'm buoyed that Bruce seems to be getting the players together for him...not for anyone else...and when you consider what he walked into and now to be where we're at after 9 games and considering the teams we've played...I'll say I'm more than content to be accepting and hopeful for the season ahead.

If you don't feel there's anything to cheer then you go right ahead.
    We have a lot more quality than people think, In my opinion.
    B0ll0x

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    It’s definitely time for Bruce to smell the coffee and bench Almiron 19 starts no goals and no assists, that is half a season!!!

Yedlin is the worst defender on our books all he has is speed as he has no vision and couldn’t cross a ball to save his life.

I would start with Carroll and Gayle up front as Joelinton and Almiron won’t get 15 goals between them this season

There’s still time but the bookies are very rarely wrong and they have us down as relegation fodder.
    Not far off the mark . But remember Fatso has an ambition of finishing 17th . All eyes on Norwich , Watford , Sheffield Utd , Vile . Mass defending may well accumulate us 35 points or so .. Forwards are surplus to requirement.

The biggest load of cobblers is your account "we gave a good account of ourselves"
    29% possession
    0 corners
    0 shots on target
    67% pass accuracy
    167 passes in the whole game
    A clueless fat faced cNt in charge ( applies to owner and coach)

We were lucky not to concede 5 .. Worrying thing is we are getting lucky yet still in the relegation zone. When the luck runs out ( dubravka gets injured or banned ) we are in proper sh|t street.
    This is the main point. I cannot understand how anyone cannot be very alarmed and, even more strangely, happy to watch a team that cannot muster a shot in 90 minutes of football. I think even the mackems could manage that against Chelsea.

It's pure dross and those that continue to pay (for whatever) to the club are being ripped off - pure and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    This is the main point. I cannot understand how anyone cannot be very alarmed and, even more strangely, happy to watch a team that cannot muster a shot in 90 minutes of football. I think even the mackems could manage that against Chelsea.

It's pure dross and those that continue to pay (for whatever) to the club are being ripped off - pure and simple.
    Of course they're ripped off. Most fans of most premier league clubs are being ripped off.
    The football we play isn't the best, obviously. I'm not happy with it in general but I'm willing to give Bruce enough time to get it right.

I hated Rafa's football at first but even Rafa started to actually set the team up to play when he realised parking the bus and losing 1-0 or whatever was not going to do much and he changed it up and allowed much less caution.

Bruce is trying to get a balance but trying to keep a balance with a squad that's been drilled into a Rafa way will take time and so will the new players to fully gel.

Nobody's happy but it's about acceptance of what it is , as is, not simply crucify everything after 9 games with a new manager and a new set of players being integrated into a system.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Of course they're ripped off. Most fans of most premier league clubs are being ripped off.
    The football we play isn't the best, obviously. I'm not happy with it in general but I'm willing to give Bruce enough time to get it right.

I hated Rafa's football at first but even Rafa started to actually set the team up to play when he realised parking the bus and losing 1-0 or whatever was not going to do much and he changed it up and allowed much less caution.

Bruce is trying to get a balance but trying to keep a balance with a squad that's been drilled into a Rafa way will take time and so will the new players to fully gel.

Nobody's happy but it's about acceptance of what it is , as is, not simply crucify everything after 9 games with a new manager and a new set of players being integrated into a system.
    Bruce has not adopted any new system or style, he tried in one game and two players went to the bench to question his tactics

Bruce has parked the bus every game he has played and that is nothing whatsoever to do with Rafa. You are talking about professional footballers here by the way and not some 12 year old kids running around the park

Plain and simple and in a nutshell. Bruce’s remit is to keep us in the Premiership nothing more nothing less. The football is dire and so are his tactics but don’t blame the Coach he is trying to do what he is paid for and not get us relegated

Bruce has not adopted any new system or style, he tried in one game and two players went to the bench to question his tactics
    Yep they certainly messed up on that one.

Bruce has parked the bus every game he has played and that is nothing whatsoever to do with Rafa.
    Nah, we haven't.
    Stats do not back up a parked the bus mentality. Watching the game does.
    Granted we've parked the bus at times but we've also had a go at teams but we were simply unlucky in some cases and inept in others. And like I said, it's a work in motion and it requires time.

And there's a lot to do with Rafa in the entirety of the squad that Rafa had, discounting the new signings, obviously.
    Rafa's mindset and Bruce's mindset will be like chalk and cheese.
    That will take some time to fully adjust and I think Bruce is actually being brave enough to set the team up with a lot of new players to try and get a system that works well, whilst trying not to undo a defensive drill.

You are talking about professional footballers here by the way and not some 12 year old kids running around the park

Plain and simple and in a nutshell. Bruce’s remit is to keep us in the Premiership nothing more nothing less.
    Of course it's to keep this team in the premier league. It is plain and simple.
    Most clubs are of this mindset.

The football is dire and so are his tactics but don’t blame the Coach he is trying to do what he is paid for and not get us relegated
    It is dire at times. I agree with that. It's also decent at times. The Man Utd game was a very good game to watch. I thoroughly enjoyed it for what it was, not what I thought it should be.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)