+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dave Kings offer for Shankland

Dave Kings offer for Shankland

Rumour has it that Dave King and his investors have managed to find more cash to put in an offer for Shankland after watching another scintillating display from our star player, However the £14 per month Direct Debit has been rejected.🤣

It's all very well laughing about it but the vultures are already circling. Both the arse cheeks had scouts there on Saturday.

Given United's current ambition and ownership situation I think it would need to be a monumental offer to prompt a move. Unlikely from either of those two I'd say.

Sevco look willing to bankrupt themselves again to avoid 10 in a row so I would say anything is possible.

Mark my words on this, the silly Patrick’s will start they’re usual miserable pish with an offer between 750,00 - 1 million bid perhaps increasing the offer by 250,000 with some never gonna make it reserve player. The media will make up one of their whoppers that he sat in the stands at ibrox as a lad. Lucky we have an astute business man at the helm , baldy would have drove him to parkhead himself to make sure he signed on the dotted line. Let the pantomine begin.

They can stick their pantomime, he is on three years deal, he will be here this season and if we get promoted then good chance we will get another half season with him in the top flight

Ultimately down they line he will end up in England or at Sevco as he is a fan but for now, he is here for at least 12-18 months, best as fans we ignore the press nonsense

The Hunnery have a weekly jealousy threed about Lawrence on their frothing boards every time he scores for DUFC . Hahaha. Nae chance Huns.

And Phuk having any dealings whatsoever with the other Weegie Scum club.

Quote Originally Posted by TangerineDream View Post
    The Hunnery have a weekly jealousy threed about Lawrence on their frothing boards every time he scores for DUFC . Hahaha. Nae chance Huns.

And Phuk having any dealings whatsoever with the other Weegie Scum club.

They do indeed, they are obsessed with Utd in general

We all know It’s going to happen. Whether at the end of the season or mid nxt if he continues this vain of form.

That said one thing we can be sure of. He won’t go for a song, and there definitely won’t be any last minute panic sale. Fulled by the fear of losing out on a quick buck to boast the pension fund. Nt with tony and the Ogren family at the helm.

When we announced that we'd signed him I had to read the article twice because I couldn't quite believe it! It's a tremendous coup for the club and credit has to go to Tony Asghar and the backroom team involved in getting it done.

My main worry was that we couldn't or wouldn't give him the service he got at Ayr but again all credit to Robbie because he's making it happen.

The other thing people sometimes forget is that Shankland is tremendous at creating spaces for other players. He will hit a wee dry patch at some point because all strikers do. Hopefully not for long though!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)