+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gareth McCauley Has hung up his boots.

Gareth McCauley Has hung up his boots.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49876377
    What a great signing , Gareth was.
    My wolves mates took the mick when we got him, boasting about the money they spent on Roger Johnson.
    Enjoy your retirement Gareth, 8 great years for us Big thumbs up.

Cracking defender.

All the best in retirement and life in general Gareth .

He’s 107......he’s earned it!

After Zolton Gera.....my favourite Albion player of the last 35+ years.

I’d still take him above Bartley and Hegazi even now if he wants to reconsider.

Great Albion servant and apparently, a thoroughly nice person.

Got his shirt from Chelsea December 2016, signed by the great man

Not only a great player but was always 100% committed. I hope he enjoyed playing for us as much as we enjoyed watching him.

Loved G mac. I loved the way he topped the whole of Europe for clearances from the box with headers that season. I would have loved to see him as captain but you realise that being a captain is more than being a good player,well liked, reading the game well, you need a presence and a Gob on yer. Just too nice to be captain.

Finally, a thread worth joining.

What a tremendous player, man and example to others.
    Loved him from the minute he joined us from Ipswich, I marvelled at how the hell he’d been missed by everyone else, what a find.

As a former Centre Half I could only dream about being like this fella.

Top man G Mac, thanks for your never say die attitude to the shirt. Always got on with it, never complained once, forever welcome down the shrine.

ATID😎

I thought he was a shocking signing.
    I was very, very wrong.

I would say McAuley was one of our most astute signings we made since the likes of Regis and Cunningham and before that, some of the mid-late 60's team. He appeared a journeyman before joining us but I believe he was without doubt one of the best central defenders playing in the PL over his first five seasons as a Baggie. He was so consistent season after season and scored some very important goals. He deserves to be remembered in the highest esteem and I wish him the very best in his new career.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)