+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 7 down, 29 to go, onto Alloa away Fri night

Quote Originally Posted by Daly9 View Post
    Said before Morton if we won our next 2 we’d win league so sticking with that.

17 wins from remaining 29 games would give us 69 points. Even if we lost the other 12 that’d be enough.

I don’t believe Ayr are capable of matching us (if they had a chance McCall would still be there).

Other ‘challengers’ like Inverness, Dundee and Partick are going to have to win 19-21 games out of 29 whilst hoping we dip to lower than Laszlo levels.

After 3 seasons of it not adding up in our favour, it’s going to happen this time around.

While I believe we will get automatic promotion, think we would need mid 70s to be sure of it this year, do think Ayr or Inverness will make a good go of it

Laszlo levels thankfully was our rock bottom, embarrassing stuff

Quote Originally Posted by B4 i go View Post
    Just mortgaged my house for odds of 4/7, hope this is good inside info or ehm fckd!
    I have just remortgaged the bedsit on us winning the league at 1/2,canna wait to pick up my £150 in May!.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    finished 4-1 mate

C Smith x 2
    Appere
    D watson - penalty, yes we scored a penalty
    Cheers OA.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    While I believe we will get automatic promotion, think we would need mid 70s to be sure of it this year, do think Ayr or Inverness will make a good go of it

Laszlo levels thankfully was our rock bottom, embarrassing stuff
    69 enough to win it in 8 of the last 10 seasons, the 2 exceptions being when Hearts and New Rangers won it. Can’t see this season being different but confident we’ll get minimum mid 70s and make it comfortable anyway.

19 wins or 18 wins and 3 draws etc from 29 games isn’t a massive ask for this group.
    Last edited by Daly9; 30-09-2019 at 10:42 PM.

While we have made a good start, that is all it is - a good start. I’ll believe we’ve won the League when we’ve actually won the League which so far, obviously, has not been achieved. Until such time we need to take one game at a time, work hard and keep doing the business because if there is one thing we’ve learnt down the years is that if there is a way to phuck it up, Dundee United will find a way. In the meantime, I’ll leave the League predictions to the bylin’, frothing Funsters.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Oops, add King and maybe Graham who was a sub at weekend

Appere and Cammy Smith both scored for reserves v Motherwell, half time incidentally.
    Think Robson will at least be back on subs bench - got the feeling his injury was not that serious.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    While we have made a good start, that is all it is - a good start. I’ll believe we’ve won the League when we’ve actually won the League which so far, obviously, has not been achieved. Until such time we need to take one game at a time, work hard and keep doing the business because if there is one thing we’ve learnt down the years is that if there is a way to phuck it up, Dundee United will find a way. In the meantime, I’ll leave the League predictions to the bylin’, frothing Funsters.
    Exactly, well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Noddydog View Post
    Think Robson will at least be back on subs bench - got the feeling his injury was not that serious.
    Spoke to Jamie in Hegarty suite at half time he reckons he will be out for 4 to six weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Yip 100%. We've fkd this league twice at the turn of the year in the last 3 seasons after having a decent start so I'm certainly not making any assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by arabbucks View Post
    Spoke to Jamie in Hegarty suite at half time he reckons he will be out for 4 to six weeks.
    yeah 6 weeks

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)