+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 7 down, 29 to go, onto Alloa away Fri night

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    While we have made a good start, that is all it is - a good start. I’ll believe we’ve won the League when we’ve actually won the League which so far, obviously, has not been achieved. Until such time we need to take one game at a time, work hard and keep doing the business because if there is one thing we’ve learnt down the years is that if there is a way to phuck it up, Dundee United will find a way. In the meantime, I’ll leave the League predictions to the bylin’, frothing Funsters.
    I'm not even thinking about winning the league - not as long as there is another team on the same points as us.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    While we have made a good start, that is all it is - a good start. I’ll believe we’ve won the League when we’ve actually won the League which so far, obviously, has not been achieved. Until such time we need to take one game at a time, work hard and keep doing the business because if there is one thing we’ve learnt down the years is that if there is a way to phuck it up, Dundee United will find a way. In the meantime, I’ll leave the League predictions to the bylin’, frothing Funsters.

Definitely, not getting carried away, just quietly confident about each game taking them as they come but not looking beyond, Ayr and Inverness cannot be discounted at all given their starts and we aren't even at the quarter stage

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    While I believe we will get automatic promotion, think we would need mid 70s to be sure of it this year, do think Ayr or Inverness will make a good go of it
    Too early to be confident of automatic promotion, but i think we need to be on target for an 80 point plus finish the way things are just now. Inverness have not had their traditional slow bore draw start, and Ayr might defy everyones thoughts and keep winning.

There is also the traditional United ****e it after Christmas that still needs to be dispelled!

Hopefully the distraction this week won't affect us at all, need to be at it from the off, hopefully conditions we'll be OK and not too windy... A win really puts pressure on the rest going until this fortnight break

Hopefully the distraction this week won't affect us at all, need to be at it from the off, hopefully conditions we'll be OK and not too windy... A win really puts pressure on the rest going until this fortnight break
    Agree. And we don't want two weeks reflecting on a missed chance.

I hate to tempt fate, but I think we'll do the business tomorrow night.

Butcher not squad, big blow that, concerning, didn't know he was a doubt.... Slightly less confident than bent that but hopefully Stanton and Harkes last aswell as they did at Dunfermline

Seigrist
    Watson Brown Reynolds LSmith
    Stanton Harkes
    McMullan Pawlett Sporle
    Shankland

Subs Deniz, C Smith, Chalmers, King, Appere, Graham and Meekison

Aye, that's bad news about Butch. Not as confident about getting a win now as Butch is one of our best and most consistent players.

Bench looks pretty light too.

Still, c'mon United!

Haven't started quick enough, and Liam smith very poor there, poor cross field ball that was never on the put Watson under pressure and then for the goal just after

Hopefully the kick up the backside we need

BTW not a single player firing yet!!! You’d have thought the league positions were the other way around....

Haven't started quick enough, and Liam smith very poor there, poor cross field ball that was never on the put Watson under pressure and then for the goal just after

Hopefully the kick up the backside we need
    SHOULDN’t NEED A FECKING KICK UP THE BACKSIDE!!!

It’s not a coincidence we’re playing like this away from home, it’s because MR. NEGATIVE sets us up that way, nearly every time we are away from home!

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)