+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Why Lamy has stayed on the bench

Why Lamy has stayed on the bench

So for the last few games he has put a player on the bench who he has no intentions of playing so when we need to change things as we have done in the last few games we have one less option to choose from. It doesn't make sense at all. If he wants to give Lamy match day experience get him to put his kit on and sit with the subs. He can sit next to me if he wants if there is a spare place!

If he is putting Lamy on the bench cos nobody else is fit he needs to look at why nobody else is fit to go on the bench!

Also if he is not fit to come on for a few minutes at the end of a game why has he played 90 mins today and played well by the sound of it.

Then it begs the question how many more players on the bench is he doing this with, no wonder we can never change a chuffin game,

Warney ol pal tha losing it literally and metaphorically. If a player is on the bench he should be capable of playing at least some of the game, if not put some other burger on the bench who can.

I despair...
    Last edited by rolymiller; 01-10-2019 at 06:02 PM.

Nooooooo keep Barker off the subs bench!

Roly, you've just blown it. Until that "I despair" bit, you were pencilled in for the bench on Saturday. You have just proved to Warniola that you are a bad orange.

Lamy has played a full game today, scored, put in some good crosses and also hit the bar. Surely he would have been a better substitute option than MacDonald late on in the last two games, when we were desperate to get a goal? Strange decisions.

Also, if Hinds had been on the bench, he could have come on and Mattock moved further forward.... although Mattock's crossing this season has not been great. Maybe that's why that option was not taken
    Last edited by mikemiller; 01-10-2019 at 06:25 PM.

I very rarely criticise but that interview just doesn’t make sense.
    It smacks of a lack of emotional intelligence tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    I very rarely criticise but that interview just doesn’t make sense.
    It smacks of a lack of emotional intelligence tbh.
    I'm sure opposing managers would have a field day though if we turned up with a bench composed of just fit players e.g. a goalie and a midfielder. However, by now I'm sure they are starting to read between the lines.

PS Can we stop with the EI stuff. I've just had to do a review on someone and one of the categories was on their EI

Warne - ''Unfortunately for the fans, I have the better view. I see him in every single day. I work with him. I know how he is feeling and where he is at. A few players haven't got on. Julien isn't the only one''......Meeow...easy on Tiger you'll have us thinking next you've got a nasty side to you.

Fair point from Warnie actually. What he said was polite speak for "most fans don't know sh it from shinola"

No we fans don’t know what goes on behind closed doors, We see what’s in front of us and comment on what we see (what’s hard in understanding that?) when we see players on bench then obviously we think they’re are fit enough for maybe ten minutes
    Get the youth on bench instead of not fully fit senior players
    , if they have to come on then at least they get some match experience

EI?
    Last edited by millertop; 02-10-2019 at 07:03 AM.