+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exeter: the big one

Exeter: the big one

Will this be one of our most important games this season? Will our form dip when it literally becomes heavy weather?
    We seem to be hit and miss at home so I'm going for another defeat. Owen Dale will score.

I think it depends on how we cover for and cope with the loss of Ng. I imagine Hunt will fill in and Lancashire return, which could leave us dreadfully short of pace at the back. I don’t know if Exeter are a big side or a quick side (you don’t often get both in this League!) but I’m guessing the latter, in which case it might be worth someone younger and quicker at RB. I’m not sure if it’s worth risking Pixie at RB and Rio at LB - the management team have displayed faith in our young players so I’d trust them if they decide something like that.

Hoping for decent weather and not too windy as it has the potential to be a cracking game of football, whatever the result. However, I don’t expect us to lose.

It would be great to win but it is only one game out of 46

We shouldn’t forget that there’s pressure on them, too. First League defeat of the season, somewhat humbled at home and, but for a 94th minute consolation goal, they would be below us on goals scored.

But they are the away team and our home form is not our strongest

And we are top of the current form league! Let’s stop looking on the negative side all the time; Ian Dury had it right as we have loads of Reasons to be Cheerful so let’s accentuate the positive and worry about the rest if we lose. COYRs!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex View Post
    And we are top of the current form league! Let’s stop looking on the negative side all the time; Ian Dury had it right as we have loads of Reasons to be Cheerful so let’s accentuate the positive and worry about the rest if we lose. COYRs!!!!!!
    Who did Ian Dury play for? 🤣

Feet firmly on the ground right now..... so really hope the lads don't let us down tomorrow, as expectations are high. All too often, when we get into a position like this, they don't perform to their usual standards. Let this be a first and bury the hoodoo of failing to deliver. Tough game of course, but three points would be the icing on the cake, after a terrific start to the season. Up the Alex.

Top of the table clash but I doubt the attendance will reflect this, with the distance Exeter have to travel I expect them to bring around 300 supporters and the total gate will be around 4200 when if they were a lot closer it should be over 5000

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdad View Post
    Top of the table clash but I doubt the attendance will reflect this, with the distance Exeter have to travel I expect them to bring around 300 supporters and the total gate will be around 4200 when if they were a lot closer it should be over 5000
    5131 attendance. Good show everybody.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast