+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will we see a reaction v Man U?

Will we see a reaction v Man U?

I know that after every bad defeat-and this happens at every team-the players and manager come out and say that 'it wasn't acceptable', 'we can't let it happen again', 'we've let the fans down', 'that was embarrassing' (or in Longstaff's words "fucking embarrassing" , etc, etc but they've had so much flak and were so shit, I'm wondering if we'll actually see a reaction?

For some unknown reason, I think we might. Man U are on a poor run too and I think we could get a point although what leads me to say that, God only knows.

I guess it might also show if the players are still fighting for their manager?

I personally think Man Utd will smash us and kick start their season again.

I desperatly hope i'm wrong but I could see another thrashing as Man Utd just click as they play against us.

If the talk of Manure fans buying tickets in our end is true then it could get ugly in the stands as well as on the pitch.

Will we f**k.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    If the talk of Manure fans buying tickets in our end is true then it could get ugly in the stands as well as on the pitch.
    No chance of that Zip,those that refuse to stay away and fight Ashley to get our club back havent got a fight in them.
    As for on the pitch,no chance there either.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Hey Zip, most of the Manure fans are C0ckney woofters. They won't stand a chance against our lot (In the stands I mean and not on the pitch) That's a foregone conclusion unfortunately.

Most teams have these type of games where it looks like nobody gives a stuff.
    We've had two games this season where it looked like that. Norwich and Leicester.

However, that should be it for the foreseeable future and if it isn't then Bruce should be sacked. It's as simple as that......IF.....and I say....IF..... this footballing mindset is reproduced.
    We're naturally going to get beat throughout stages of the season, obviously...but it's the manner of defeats which is the key to what Bruce can offer, regardless of whether people think he's championship at best or totally tactically inept at premier level.

The simple fact is he has to get the team he's been left with, to perform for him and to perform in a way he envisages over the course of the season.

The very least that's required for the Man Utd game, is all out 100% togetherness as a full unit and to instill a confidence in each other by encouragement from all avenues.

I'll be blunt.
    If I see another performance like I did against Leicester, I'll be calling for Bruce's head, because I'll know for sure he has lost the dressing room.

Having said that, I don't believe he has lost the dressing room and I do believe this is the wake up call of wake up calls with the volume set to max.
    I think/hope the players will respond to that.

I'm not about to write anything off so early, even in defeat...as long as I don't watch a game like Leicester's for a long time.

So the answer is, yes I believe we will roll our sleeves up and battle like hell.
    Whether we can rid the last game from the system and calm the nerves of knowing the spotlight is on them, will be clear to see. Let's hope it all pans out and we can come away with some kind of welcome result.
    Last edited by ghostrider; 02-10-2019 at 06:24 AM.

I am going for a 3 nil win for Man Utd and if any cockney reds in home end nothing will be said.They cant even stand up to a man taking the piss.

evening peeps, how do's?
    not a happy bunch atmo i reckon!

Manu are there for the taking imo they are not the machine they used to be, apart from the last game you were not that bad, just missing the rub of the green perhaps!
    chin up all the Geordies and all the best now
    John.....
    take care now.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Most teams have these type of games where it looks like nobody gives a stuff.
    We've had two games this season where it looked like that. Norwich and Leicester.

However, that should be it for the foreseeable future and if it isn't then Bruce should be sacked. It's as simple as that......IF.....and I say....IF..... this footballing mindset is reproduced.
    We're naturally going to get beat throughout stages of the season, obviously...but it's the manner of defeats which is the key to what Bruce can offer, regardless of whether people think he's championship at best or totally tactically inept at premier level.

The simple fact is he has to get the team he's been left with, to perform for him and to perform in a way he envisages over the course of the season.

The very least that's required for the Man Utd game, is all out 100% togetherness as a full unit and to instill a confidence in each other by encouragement from all avenues.

I'll be blunt.
    If I see another performance like I did against Leicester, I'll be calling for Bruce's head, because I'll know for sure he has lost the dressing room.

Having said that, I don't believe he has lost the dressing room and I do believe this is the wake up call of wake up calls with the volume set to max.
    I think/hope the players will respond to that.

I'm not about to write anything off so early, even in defeat...as long as I don't watch a game like Leicester's for a long time.

So the answer is, yes I believe we will roll our sleeves up and battle like hell.
    Whether we can rid the last game from the system and calm the nerves of knowing the spotlight is on them, will be clear to see. Let's hope it all pans out and we can come away with some kind of welcome result.
    He never found the dressing room to lose it .. He couldn't find his own ar$e with both hands.
    The blokes a serial loser , but a valuable cheap piece in fattys masterplan of having a clueless c<>t in charge ( pardew,mclaren, carver, et al) who won't speak up ( not Benitez ) and hover round the relegation zone while pi$$ing the fans off .. And making money .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)