+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: September's gone: NA Stick or twist?

September's gone: NA Stick or twist?

Those that supported NA generally said give him till the end of the September before judging. Others were concerned at the continuous stream of excuses and results that perhaps should have gone our way with a bit more belief and attacking play.

We are now in October, with 20 points on the board after 14 games and 10th with everyone having played the same number of games.

Everyone of the same view and what is that? Or have some changed their tune? Or are others now waiting till the end of October to make their minds up?

Stick

Stick.

The "continuous stream of excuses" were for the most part not excuses but genuine reasons why we might struggle early on, namely the lack of a proper pre-season and the fact that much of the squad was assembled in the space of a few days around the start of the season. It beggars belief that anyone would not expect these factors to have a big effect.

I'm actually surprised we've reached the end of September this high in the table, which is a credit to the work Ardley and Cox have done, and has started to show in performances and results in recent weeks. Anyone getting carried away should remember that the lack of a pre-season could still catch up with us in the heavy winter months. The first aim this season was always to find some stability, and anything better than that is a bonus.
    Last edited by jackal2; 02-10-2019 at 08:34 AM.

Stick.

...but surely the people who you should be asking are the people at Football Radar - you know - the club owners.

I'm pretty sure they've already made their minds up to stick, despite the ongoing calls for Ardley's head on NCM and social media...

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Stick
    Well, initially I said ''twist'' but while he keeps getting decentish results as he is now, ''stick''. Let's see where he takes us.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by pravda_plc View Post
    Stick.

...but surely the people who you should be asking are the people at Football Radar - you know - the club owners.

I'm pretty sure they've already made their minds up to stick, despite the ongoing calls for Ardley's head on NCM and social media...
    We are slowly starting to see a team develop. Results heading in the right direction. Notts coping well with injuries. Strikers starting to score. Goals all round the team, and an improving defence. Perfect time to sack the manager and start from scratch.......

Stick

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Stick
    Stick

Anyone who thinks we could realistically have achieved more than moderately high mid table at this stage is deluded.

My stick comes with a caveat that I expect our position to improve given the money spent and I expect a serious challenge for the play offs now we are fairly settled in.

We've just won two on the bounce and are in the top half, within touching distance of the playoffs. Stick, for sure.

I've said before that playoffs must be the target, and anything less than that should be considered a failure. Until it's clear that Ardley won't make the playoffs, we should stick with him.

Still, given what's gone on before and Ardley's poor form since taking over last November, I get the feeling there will be people calling for his head every time we lose a game. Things change fast in football. Two losses and I'd be losing all hope again; two wins and we're looking unstoppable. Thankfully our owners appear calmer than most on here, including me.

Stick.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast