+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Russel Anderson "Aye but remember Skovdahl"

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Scottish semi v Hibs.........thinking about it, did Dowser nae get the winner?
    Stav with the equaliser?
    Indeed so. Was a cracking few minutes and led to a noisy march back into the city centre. Pity about the needless assault on JL in the final. Not like extinct club didn't have previous though.

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    Indeed so. Was a cracking few minutes and led to a noisy march back into the city centre. Pity about the needless assault on JL in the final. Not like extinct club didn't have previous though.
    I know we didn’t have a great team, far from it but I would watch an Ebbe team over a McInnes team anytime. Ebbe was better fun than The Anchor Man. In fairness I enjoyed the first year or so of McInnes reign at Aberdeen but unfortunately I can’t say it’s been anything other than frustrating since. Pawlett playing his best football for the Dons with Rooney up front was good viewing at times. Watching Russell Anderson lifting a trophy was good pity it all stopped soon after.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    It beggars belief anyone thinks he’s been anything other than an unmitigated disaster.
    Never trust a Tory voting Aberdonian.
    Especially if they’re a mason.

A series of failed managerial appointments
    One League Cup in over 20 years.
    £15m of debt that someone else paid off.
    Not changing the 11-1 voting structure.
    Publicly saying “move on” from the “Rangers” title stripping investigation.
    Publicly saying he wants a strong “Rangers”.
    Letting Pittodrie become a dump.
    Moving the club to a field in the middle of f**k all.

Apart from that he’s been great.
    Agree with everything there RST,until Milne is gone we're f@cked and by the time he is gone it will be too late for us and the rest of scottish football

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Agree with everything there RST,until Milne is gone we're f@cked and by the time he is gone it will be too late for us and the rest of scottish football
    Milne will be here until we become Westhill Wanderers.
    When we do, it’ll be the slow death of AFC in my opinion.
    Then he’ll f**k off & Dave Cormack will likely take over.
    .... still being subservient to the SFA & Glasgow clubs, still striving to be a “challenger brand”.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Just by way of contrast... can you imagine Rangers taking the approach Anderson is suggesting...

"Yeah we've just lost to Celtic, and last season we finished 2nd - we're delighted with how far we've come - you've got to remember 3 or 4 years ago we were in the 2nd division."

They've got ambition - they're wanting year on year improvement and they're pretty much getting it.

We're aiming for nothing. And you usually get what you aim for in life.
    On that subject. I was getting it tight from a Hun after the 5-0. In order to rise above and not appear bothered I replied "it's hardly surprising. we're terrible just now and you're looking like a great side". Huns response was simply "We'll only be great if we stop Celtic winning the league".

I think that perfectly sums up what you've posted.

The Glasgow based media are constantly attempting to brainwash the Aberdeen support. "Aberdeen (but really meaning you, the listener or the reader, and your club) can't challenge us, the big two from Glasgow". Therefore we shouldn't bother trying, in fact they don't even care if we turn up for games.

Their interests are in the West Coast. They've a genuine fear that if ever were to get things together, like we have in the past, we'll do more than challenge, we'll surpass them. Remember, which Scottish club has the last two European trophies won by a Scottish club.

However, people associated with our club use this to release pressure. "We're doing well to complete, semi finals are great and we've reached x amount in the last five years, second in the league is beyond our wildest expectations, its difficult to complete in Europe, blah blah blah".

We, as an Aberdeen support in general, allow ourselves and the club to play this subservient role. But it's a myth, the Huns know and so do the Tims. The truth, that they are only to well aware of is that we're the only club in Scotland that can overtake them. We should be the PSV to their Ajax and Feynoord...

But no, we're a f@cking "challenger brand" because some joiner from Alford and his cronies tell us so...

F@ck Stewart Milne and all you sails with him...

Now that we are firmly back to 2 clubs winning everything , the interest will be ever diminishing

The way finances are nowadays, there is a greater disparity than ever at the fare we will see on offer for all the other clubs in the premier league

football in Scotland is fizling out at an ever increasing rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
    Now that we are firmly back to 2 clubs winning everything , the interest will be ever diminishing

The way finances are nowadays, there is a greater disparity than ever at the fare we will see on offer for all the other clubs in the premier league

football in Scotland is fizling out at an ever increasing rate.
    I disagree.
    From the MEDIA perspective, they'll lap it up.
    SEVCO & the Dhims going head to head, helicopter Sundays etc etc.

As opposed little old Aberdeen keeping up until about November, before falling 15 points behind in 2nd by the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I disagree.
    From the MEDIA perspective, they'll lap it up.
    SEVCO & the Dhims going head to head, helicopter Sundays etc etc.

As opposed little old Aberdeen keeping up until about November, before falling 15 points behind in 2nd by the end of the season.
    Except this year we'll be about 15 points behind by November, as will everyone else as we seem to have 10 hopeless teams in the league this year. It's a bit strange - normally there's at least 1 or 2 teams who get off to a flyer then fade away - this year everyone's useless - the gap between the OF and 3rd place is going to be massive by the end of the season. When we saw the fixture list announced pre-season we should've been rubbing our hands at the relatively easy run of games we had at the start of the season - we should've been setting out to be right up there in the mix after the first 3 months of the season, instead we're 2 months in and miles behind, with no sense of concern - just accepting that's the way it's going to be. Mindset is all wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    They are improving year on year because they are spending millions of pounds to bring in better players.

They would be no better than the rest of us if they were signing free transfers and the odd player for £200k.

The argument by some will be we can’t afford to compete with them in the transfer market,well I can’t see why the club can manage to get people to invest millions in a stadium and training ground but can’t get people to invest in the squad.
    Yes, they're spending to bring in better players... I'm sure someone mentioned somewhere that our player budget has been increasing year on year and has never been bigger than it currently is... so our spending is going up too, but our performance is going backwards. Good point you make about the stadium - say 4 or 5 years ago when Rangers were away and Celtic were there for the taking and we had a good side - if the following season we'd lumped some extra money in and brought in a few better players to improve the side further there was a very realistic chance we could have properly challenged for the league. Instead we decided 2nd was good enough and that we'd probably get 2nd again the following year without spending much more money, so we didn't bother going for it. All fine and well having a shiny new stadium, but if the team playing in it is mid-table crap, who cares. I'd rather watch a good team in a crap old stadium.

Money and Mindset are the two big differences between us and the OF - if we had a different Mindset then we'd use the Money in a different way.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast