Get your very own personalised Tykes Chat gifts!
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Tonight

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    665

    Tonight

    Was it all good tonight or is fat lass warming up int grey hoss.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,821
    A dint gu Ethel but watched on red button. We definitely deserved at least a point. Derby scored 2 which were totally avoidable, calamitous defending by us if I'm honest, very frustrating. However, our heads dint drop, we kept plugging away and managed a very late equaliser so credit to our lads

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    11,863
    Draw a fair result fo me.

    We ed besta first 25 mins, they ed besta middle 40, we ed besta final 20 mins.

    Similar to Brentford game, set off like a 'arse on fire, Woodrow uncharacteristically scuffed a good chance which grazed pooast. Went ahead fromma set piece when aar CB's did what they should be doing fo big lads and bullied an eeader in from close range. Same as Brentford Derby gradually came into it wi Huddlestone running midfield. No surprise when they equalised and we edda jittery spell. Nailed on penalty. Huddlestone injured 'issen tekkin it and he was a big miss forrem second heyf.
    Entertaining end to end game. Derby took off players and brought on defenders to fall back and it cost them when we scooared wia shot through a packed six yard box in last seconds. Well done to the kids for sticking at it.
    Worryingly still no win in a run of nine league games with six of the ten games so far evvin been at ooam. Tha needs points from thi ooam games in this league.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    16,941
    A well deserved draw , schoolboy defending fo their goals , arr menny times ezzit happened this seerson , earrds dint drop this time tho , so that's a good sign ! Prestun Beware !!!

    Possible Fine fo Club
    An idiot from ESL running on towards that D/D Derby player

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    665
    Sounds like they stuck at it glad to hear it. Iím worried though itís always should have, could have, would have etc but didnít = not enough points. Hope it all gels soon.

  6. #6
    Bitter sweet last night and a mix of good and bad at times . . .

    Positives
    > Halme starting to show his class.
    > Ben Williams back in and showing some bite in the back four.
    > Didn't give up after going 2-1 down and got a well deserved point.
    > Got a decent team like Derby on the back foot for the last 30mins and had them 'hanging on'
    > Morale boosting late goal!

    Negatives
    > Once again guilty of over-playing in the wrong areas and not clearing our lines when we should.
    > Jordan Williams looks scared and way out of his depth (as he did on Sunday). A big weakness that teams will exploit.
    > Anderson at fault for both goals in terms of not defending and taking charge of the situation. Still have no idea what he was trying to do by shielding the ball just before they got the penalty? He needs swapping for Diaby in my opinion when he's back fit.
    > Collins equally indecisive and doesn't command either his area or the defence. He won't come and punch anything and for the penalty fiasco he should be talking to his defenders. Not sure how he is better than Walton?

    I think we're getting better and the likes of Dougall / Cameron coming back to fitness will help. Leon Wobschall from the Yorkshire Post summed it up perfectly for me. He posted on twitter last night; "A couple of leaders and talkers would bring on this Barnsley side by a country mile. They are absolutely crying out for a defensive organiser for others to follow". Let's see if the board are listening . . .

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    11,863
    [QUOTE=french_frog01;39337638 Leon Wobschall from the Yorkshire Post summed it up perfectly for me. He posted on twitter last night; "A couple of leaders and talkers would bring on this Barnsley side by a country mile. They are absolutely crying out for a defensive organiser for others to follow". Let's see if the board are listening . . .[/QUOTE]

    A lot of us ev been saying reyt up to end of transfer window that a couple of experienced leaders were needed.

    Spud, Hoss and the Recruitment Team knew better.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    13,956
    Last seasons league one team would be halfway up this league , absolutely no doubt in my mind .

    Losing enthusiasm to tell the truth , hardly even bothered to celebrate the late equaliser .

    Club's run by idiots .

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    16,941
    Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Last seasons league one team would be halfway up this league , absolutely no doubt in my mind .

    Losing enthusiasm to tell the truth , hardly even bothered to celebrate the late equaliser .

    Club's run by idiots .
    Tha not on thi own , plenty feel same , arta 9 ov us that go , last neet me and 6 moor dint go, a watched match , apart from schoolboy errors , we deserved at leerst a point , and we'll done for responding even tho it was late on , it's not a pleasant experience going darn theer nar , thuv made a reyt ballax on things this board , SB wa reyt all along , we get pillocked by these no nowt abart football people , it wint last tho , seerson pass sales will plummet , will they care ?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    13,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Tha not on thi own , plenty feel same , arta 9 ov us that go , last neet me and 6 moor dint go, a watched match , apart from schoolboy errors , we deserved at leerst a point , and we'll done for responding even tho it was late on , it's not a pleasant experience going darn theer nar , thuv made a reyt ballax on things this board , SB wa reyt all along , we get pillocked by these no nowt abart football people , it wint last tho , seerson pass sales will plummet , will they care ?
    When you dig down in to the weeds what is this policy actually producing ? .

    For all the fanfare regarding young exciting talent other than Hourihane all we are doing is producing average championship players for other clubs to buy .

    Potts , Moore , Lindsay , Pinnock , Scowen , Watkins , Winnall , Yiadom , Mawson , Bree , Roberts , Davies and Bradshaw are all mid to lower end championship football players .

    They make it sound like we are producing the type of young footballers you see at Ajax .

    So logically speaking when we sign em in the championship they are bound not to be up to the demands and the best they ever will be in the future is average championship players , at least some of them that is .

    We are having to stomach this bedding process for not a reight lot really .

    I'm trying desperately not to criticise the young lads but FFS the two centre halfs at this moment in time are awful footballers , the right back should still be with the under 23 group although Ben Williams does look as though he can make the step up .

    Other than Woodrow we haven't a championship player in the squad and even he will be lucky to grab more than 10 goals this season .

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,821
    Looking at east stand lower near aifway line, plenty o empty seats when them 2 or 3 blocks are normally full. It looks like a good few regulars gave last neet a miss.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,821
    Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    When you dig down in to the weeds what is this policy actually producing ? .

    For all the fanfare regarding young exciting talent other than Hourihane all we are doing is producing average championship players for other clubs to buy .

    Potts , Moore , Lindsay , Pinnock , Scowen , Watkins , Winnall , Yiadom , Mawson , Bree , Roberts , Davies and Bradshaw are all mid to lower end championship football players .

    They make it sound like we are producing the type of young footballers you see at Ajax .

    So logically speaking when we sign em in the championship they are bound not to be up to the demands and the best they ever will be in the future is average championship players , at least some of them that is .

    We are having to stomach this bedding process for not a reight lot really .

    I'm trying desperately not to criticise the young lads but FFS the two centre halfs at this moment in time are awful footballers , the right back should still be with the under 23 group although Ben Williams does look as though he can make the step up .

    Other than Woodrow we haven't a championship player in the squad and even he will be lucky to grab more than 10 goals this season .

    Agree wi that Animal. Sibbick edda aif decent game last neet, there's certainly signs of promise of a decent player there although nobody knows his best position as yet. If Stendel persists in laikin him midfield, let him sit in front of back 4 and push Mowatt on further up the pitch.

    I think there's a potential high end Championship player in Bahre, he clearly has the ability but he really needs to sharpen up his game. He's far too leisurely in possession and tha certainly can't dwell ont ball too long in English football. Consistency is obviously an issue with him but he's been here over 12 months nar so should be settling. I think if he can get a run of games, find some consistency and speeds it up he can be a very dangerous player for us.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    13,956
    My other thought tonight is this , I've seen this club promoted to this level four times in my time .

    The best two seasons following promotion were 1981/82 and 2016 / 2017 , on both occasions we kept the team who came up together .

    Even the worst Barnsley side I've ever seen get promoted in 2005 / 2006 somehow managed to stay up although admittedly it was strengthened once the season began .

    I understand players left the club and we had little choice but to let them go but FFS we have to be smarter than this , Andersen and Halme ain't anywhere near as good as Pinnock and Lindsay were the last time we were in the championship and they weren't any great shakes at that .

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    16,941
    Just now things are lookin grim , only the board and spreadsheet to blame , they obviously don't rate or care about the fans view , the community or the Town ,
    WHY ARE THEY'RE HERE ?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    42,231
    Heres what a Derby fan told me on their board after the midweek game. And yes I know, he might have said differently had we actually beat them, but see what you think anyway..

    "There you go Acido, told you we were the generous type. If you weren't so charitable yourselves then you may have had those 3 points."
    Last edited by Acido; 06-10-2019 at 05:53 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •