+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tonight

Tonight

Was it all good tonight or is fat lass warming up int grey hoss.

A dint gu Ethel but watched on red button. We definitely deserved at least a point. Derby scored 2 which were totally avoidable, calamitous defending by us if I'm honest, very frustrating. However, our heads dint drop, we kept plugging away and managed a very late equaliser so credit to our lads

Draw a fair result fo me.

We ed besta first 25 mins, they ed besta middle 40, we ed besta final 20 mins.

Similar to Brentford game, set off like a 'arse on fire, Woodrow uncharacteristically scuffed a good chance which grazed pooast. Went ahead fromma set piece when aar CB's did what they should be doing fo big lads and bullied an eeader in from close range. Same as Brentford Derby gradually came into it wi Huddlestone running midfield. No surprise when they equalised and we edda jittery spell. Nailed on penalty. Huddlestone injured 'issen tekkin it and he was a big miss forrem second heyf.
    Entertaining end to end game. Derby took off players and brought on defenders to fall back and it cost them when we scooared wia shot through a packed six yard box in last seconds. Well done to the kids for sticking at it.
    Worryingly still no win in a run of nine league games with six of the ten games so far evvin been at ooam. Tha needs points from thi ooam games in this league.

A well deserved draw , schoolboy defending fo their goals , arr menny times ezzit happened this seerson , earrds dint drop this time tho , so that's a good sign ! Prestun Beware !!!

Possible Fine fo Club
    An idiot from ESL running on towards that D/D Derby player

Sounds like they stuck at it glad to hear it. I’m worried though it’s always should have, could have, would have etc but didn’t = not enough points. Hope it all gels soon.

Bitter sweet last night and a mix of good and bad at times . . .

Positives
    > Halme starting to show his class.
    > Ben Williams back in and showing some bite in the back four.
    > Didn't give up after going 2-1 down and got a well deserved point.
    > Got a decent team like Derby on the back foot for the last 30mins and had them 'hanging on'
    > Morale boosting late goal!

Negatives
    > Once again guilty of over-playing in the wrong areas and not clearing our lines when we should.
    > Jordan Williams looks scared and way out of his depth (as he did on Sunday). A big weakness that teams will exploit.
    > Anderson at fault for both goals in terms of not defending and taking charge of the situation. Still have no idea what he was trying to do by shielding the ball just before they got the penalty? He needs swapping for Diaby in my opinion when he's back fit.
    > Collins equally indecisive and doesn't command either his area or the defence. He won't come and punch anything and for the penalty fiasco he should be talking to his defenders. Not sure how he is better than Walton?

I think we're getting better and the likes of Dougall / Cameron coming back to fitness will help. Leon Wobschall from the Yorkshire Post summed it up perfectly for me. He posted on twitter last night; "A couple of leaders and talkers would bring on this Barnsley side by a country mile. They are absolutely crying out for a defensive organiser for others to follow". Let's see if the board are listening . . .

[QUOTE=french_frog01;39337638 Leon Wobschall from the Yorkshire Post summed it up perfectly for me. He posted on twitter last night; "A couple of leaders and talkers would bring on this Barnsley side by a country mile. They are absolutely crying out for a defensive organiser for others to follow". Let's see if the board are listening . . .[/QUOTE]

A lot of us ev been saying reyt up to end of transfer window that a couple of experienced leaders were needed.

Spud, Hoss and the Recruitment Team knew better.

Last seasons league one team would be halfway up this league , absolutely no doubt in my mind .

Losing enthusiasm to tell the truth , hardly even bothered to celebrate the late equaliser .

Club's run by idiots .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Last seasons league one team would be halfway up this league , absolutely no doubt in my mind .

Losing enthusiasm to tell the truth , hardly even bothered to celebrate the late equaliser .

Club's run by idiots .
    Tha not on thi own , plenty feel same , arta 9 ov us that go , last neet me and 6 moor dint go, a watched match , apart from schoolboy errors , we deserved at leerst a point , and we'll done for responding even tho it was late on , it's not a pleasant experience going darn theer nar , thuv made a reyt ballax on things this board , SB wa reyt all along , we get pillocked by these no nowt abart football people , it wint last tho , seerson pass sales will plummet , will they care ?

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Tha not on thi own , plenty feel same , arta 9 ov us that go , last neet me and 6 moor dint go, a watched match , apart from schoolboy errors , we deserved at leerst a point , and we'll done for responding even tho it was late on , it's not a pleasant experience going darn theer nar , thuv made a reyt ballax on things this board , SB wa reyt all along , we get pillocked by these no nowt abart football people , it wint last tho , seerson pass sales will plummet , will they care ?
    When you dig down in to the weeds what is this policy actually producing ? .

For all the fanfare regarding young exciting talent other than Hourihane all we are doing is producing average championship players for other clubs to buy .

Potts , Moore , Lindsay , Pinnock , Scowen , Watkins , Winnall , Yiadom , Mawson , Bree , Roberts , Davies and Bradshaw are all mid to lower end championship football players .

They make it sound like we are producing the type of young footballers you see at Ajax .

So logically speaking when we sign em in the championship they are bound not to be up to the demands and the best they ever will be in the future is average championship players , at least some of them that is .

We are having to stomach this bedding process for not a reight lot really .

I'm trying desperately not to criticise the young lads but FFS the two centre halfs at this moment in time are awful footballers , the right back should still be with the under 23 group although Ben Williams does look as though he can make the step up .

Other than Woodrow we haven't a championship player in the squad and even he will be lucky to grab more than 10 goals this season .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast