+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Inverness CT

Inverness CT

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sp

I wonder what our Footymad financial expert makes of this ?

ICT in severe financial difficulties because of spending money they quite simply didn’t have. Be careful what you wish for

i was waiting for someone to post this on here lol ,inverness obviously have a chairman who hasnt got the clout to run them at there potential ,the power house in that area is ross county with mcgreagor running the ship the way it should .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    i was waiting for someone to post this on here lol ,inverness obviously have a chairman who hasnt got the clout to run them at there potential ,the power house in that area is ross county with mcgreagor running the ship the way it should .

Never spend money on something you don’t have.

Despite what you may think , Queens are now run the way a football club should be. We wouldn’t be a Championship side if it wasn’t for the vision of the BOD to completely regenerate the old Tesco site among other things. We’re lucky to have such facilities and we’re also been lucky to have major debts written of by former Chairmen and Directors.
    Had to laugh at some clown on the unofficial Queens page last week having a go at a former Chairman who has probably done more for this football club than anyone else in its history.

Some ‘fans’ have short memories.

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    Never spend money on something you don’t have.

Despite what you may think , Queens are now run the way a football club should be. We wouldn’t be a Championship side if it wasn’t for the vision of the BOD to completely regenerate the old Tesco site among other things. We’re lucky to have such facilities and we’re also been lucky to have major debts written of by former Chairmen and Directors.
    Had to laugh at some clown on the unofficial Queens page last week having a go at a former Chairman who has probably done more for this football club than anyone else in its history.

Some ‘fans’ have short memories.

having a go at a former chairman ,what ex chairman was talked about ,i reckon all our ex chairmans have moved queens in a forward direction bit by bit since the harkness days blount brought us on leaps and bounds bradfords short stay just kept things going ,then davey rae stepped in and took us further until he never got the backing he needed to keep it going than we have what we have now mr hewitson lol ,so in my opinion davy rae has been our best as he took queens to there prob best ever erra cup finals galore averaging 3000 plus home fans ,that prob will never again be topped unless we get bigger investors so which previous chairman was this facebook person speaking about .

The problem with Inverness began when 3 clubs were amalgamated; Inverness Thistle, Inv. Caledonian and Inv. Clachnacudden. Consequently the public never really got behind the club and despite having a population of almost 70 thousand they really struggle to attract decent crowds.
    That being said, - living beyond your means in an attempt to attract a larger audience is no guarantee of success, - yet the same old - same old story is rolled out by Francis. The proof stares us in the face, - yet still some people would argue that it would be different in Dumfries.

The answer is a resounding no, - we tried it once and were almost liquidated. The soution lies in fans contributing to a ring fenced fund for players, - which has been mentioned a few times on this board but I don't see Francis or anyone else clamouring to back that idea.

Inverness Clachnacudden were not part of the amalgamation.
    Instdentally, Queens are also an amalgamated club struggling to attract fans!

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    The problem with Inverness began when 3 clubs were amalgamated; Inverness Thistle, Inv. Caledonian and Inv. Clachnacudden. Consequently the public never really got behind the club and despite having a population of almost 70 thousand they really struggle to attract decent crowds.
    That being said, - living beyond your means in an attempt to attract a larger audience is no guarantee of success, - yet the same old - same old story is rolled out by Francis. The proof stares us in the face, - yet still some people would argue that it would be different in Dumfries.

The answer is a resounding no, - we tried it once and were almost liquidated. The soution lies in fans contributing to a ring fenced fund for players, - which has been mentioned a few times on this board but I don't see Francis or anyone else clamouring to back that idea.

i take it you dont read my posts jardi ,iv mentioned on numerous posts that richies idea is a great idea im in full backing of this idea and always have showed this in my posts so please explain why yoiu wrote this cloud cookoo land comment .

"The soution lies in fans contributing to a ring fenced fund for players, - which has been mentioned a few times on this board but I don't see Francis or anyone else clamouring to back that idea.[/QUOTE]"

Great stuff then Francis. We're agreed on a way forward.

The posts by the two Marks - Jardi and Francis Begbie may not be everbody's cup of tea but it certainly helps to keep this site going even after 10 months an Administrator has still not been appointed.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)