+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: QOS Tanner Fund

Here’s an example of how this kind of fund works at other clubs. Dumbarton FC recently signed Adam Frizzell on loan thanks to the extra money raised by their supporters on the Managers Fund scheme.

See link below >>>>

https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.co...e=view&id=4155

Quote Originally Posted by fortheloveofqueens View Post
    Well folks that Meeting #1 out of the way! we had 6 in attendance which as little a number as it sounds was still a very positive start! If you would like a copy of the minutes that will be produced over the next few days, then please PM on here or email me on the QoSTannerFund@hotmail.com and I will send through.

As a high level overview we discussed the visions of where we perceive the fund to be going, the transparency of the funds to the club and most importantly the biggest message is that people put in what they can afford.. no set fee, just to ensure for the sake of projections that we put the same fee in every month... loads of great ideas for fundraising activities also so its certainly got peoples attention. It was agreed by all that a proposed focus for first contribution would be the start of 20/21 season which gives us 10 months now to get funds in and allows us to analyse cashflow and in turn set realistic expectations.

Hopefully when we have next weeks meeting, more people will come along too... i know there were a few calls offs tonight which happens but those have identified next week to come.

One action I have agreed to take away tonight is to amend the account details sheet to include information and look to find an outlet to distribute them pre Dundee Utd game.....

Thanks again to all those that came tonight and glad communications held on strong enough from over here...
    As I have mentioned to you directly i cannot make either of these dates unfortunately so would be appreciative to see any minutes which may have been taken for both these meetings if that is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by palmylad View Post
    There’s another meeting next Monday October 14th at GalloGlas Logistics & Security Ltd , Heathhall Industrial Estate , Dumfries.

7.30PM

EVERYONE WELCOME

Back to the top

Evening All, another positive meeting tonight and an increase in numbers.

Firstly to thank all that gave up their time and came along.

The general consensus was pretty much the same as last week which I also believe to be a positive as it shows that everyone has been in agreement with the majority of points, ideas and questions and we are on the same song sheet.

Next steps

* It was agreed that next steps would now be when I can get in and meet with the board and discuss the Tanner Fund, express our views and of course listen to what the board have also for us. In both meetings it has also been agreed that it made sense to focus with the fund looking to contribute for the start of 20/21 season. This allows us to start getting the direct debits and fundraising cash in and allows us to build a ‘projected funds’ that we should be able to forecast with.

* This week we will have leaflets printed out with Tanner Fund information and direct debit info for distribution prior to the Dundee Utd game. This it is hoped will further push the name of the fund.

* A positive start is what was needed, and I believe a positive start is what we’ve got which is brilliant. A handful of direct debuts have now already been set up, now we need to push on.

* Committee Members. Between the two meetings it has been agreed that ideally we would like the following positions: Chairman / Vice Chair / Treasurer / Secretary / Chief Fundraiser / Social Media ) / 2 General Committee Members. If any member wishes to put themselves forward for any of the above positions please pm the Fund and we can push out there for vote. I believe that forming a committee is key for next steps so please do step forward ��

I will get the minutes sorted over the next couple of days and again if anyone likes a copy please also PM with your email address.

Thanks again folks and let’s get the Tanners flowing!
    Last edited by palmylad; 15-10-2019 at 05:09 AM.

Above is from Richie Nicoll at last nights meeting

Spoke to a gentleman yesterday who’s already started to make a monthly contribution but it sounds like many others are waiting for some sort of statement from the Board of Directors before making any commitment.
    I would also like to hear their take on the Tanner Fund before I make a decision. It’s extremely important they back it if it’s to be a success like it’s is at other clubs throughout Scotland.

The football club needs to work closely with the Tanner Fund people just like BOD’s do at other clubs. I’ll make my final decision once Queens have showed their cards.
    If it can work fine elsewhere then why not here ?

Quote Originally Posted by nunez View Post
    The football club needs to work closely with the Tanner Fund people just like BOD’s do at other clubs. I’ll make my final decision once Queens have showed their cards.
    If it can work fine elsewhere then why not here ?
    Yes this is why I am currently holding off as I too am waiting for the club's official view point on this and precisely how it will be integrated into a transfer fund exclusively. I do not just want this money to go straight to the players wages as I already contribute enough via season ticket, lotteries and through shareholding as it stands.

Borrowed these two links from the Tanner Fund Facebook page >

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...se-ps9m-820180

https://mortonclubtogether.com/

Two slightly different schemes but just shows you the power of the supporter.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)