+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: QOS Tanner Fund

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Yes this is why I am currently holding off as I too am waiting for the club's official view point on this and precisely how it will be integrated into a transfer fund exclusively. I do not just want this money to go straight to the players wages as I already contribute enough via season ticket, lotteries and through shareholding as it stands.
    I would be quite happy if some of the money went towards some of a players wage if it meant we’d get a better quality of player. Queens pay whatever their maximum is and the fund tops up the rest for example.

I’m rather confused why the BOD’s have yet to release a statement backing the Tanner Fund. It’s quite clear many supporters are waiting on them before making a financial commitment. I spoke with one of the committee members on Tuesday night who’s rather frustrated that there’s been no announcement yet.
    Don’t they want our money ???
    Last edited by nunez; 01-11-2019 at 05:21 PM.

Queens BOD appear totally detached from the club's supporters and have been for some time.

It’s absolutely irresponsible of Hewitson not giving the fund a vote of confidence. What happened to the wee group of fans that were supposed to be working in liason with the BOD?

Quote Originally Posted by Truthhurts View Post
    It’s absolutely irresponsible of Hewitson not giving the fund a vote of confidence. What happened to the wee group of fans that were supposed to be working in liason with the BOD?

only way il be putting cash into this tanner fund is after seeing the BOD budgets for new season cause i reckon with them knowing about the tanner fund whats to say thay wont have a reduced budget to what is current ,then next season all the tanner fund would be doing is propping the player budget back up to the budget we are seeing this season ,.what needs to happen is fans seeing the BOD showing extra commitment aswell as the added cash from the tanner fund .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    only way il be putting cash into this tanner fund is after seeing the BOD budgets for new season cause i reckon with them knowing about the tanner fund whats to say thay wont have a reduced budget to what is current ,then next season all the tanner fund would be doing is propping the player budget back up to the budget we are seeing this season ,.what needs to happen is fans seeing the BOD showing extra commitment aswell as the added cash from the tanner fund .

The BOD probably put more money , time and effort into the club than you know Francis. They are far from perfect but you just have to look at the financial mess Dundee Utd and Inverness are in to realise it’s not a good idea to spend money you’ve not got.

Quote Originally Posted by scooby_blue View Post
    The BOD probably put more money , time and effort into the club than you know Francis. They are far from perfect but you just have to look at the financial mess Dundee Utd and Inverness are in to realise it’s not a good idea to spend money you’ve not got.

your not quite getting me here scooby what im saying is i dont want to see the cash from this tanner fund looking like its just bridging the BOD s shortcomings to end up with queens on something similar to the budget we are on this season as we all can surely see its not a competitive budget ,i want to see this tanner funds cash put to a players wage that has got nothing to do with the clubs transfer budget its why im saying il be watching what budget the BOD place for next season ,id be annoyed if i was putting cash in that was just topping up the current wages of the players tanner fund has to be seen as a thing the club can get in a top quality signing that the club couldnt otherwise get .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    your not quite getting me here scooby what im saying is i dont want to see the cash from this tanner fund looking like its just bridging the BOD s shortcomings to end up with queens on something similar to the budget we are on this season as we all can surely see its not a competitive budget ,i want to see this tanner funds cash put to a players wage that has got nothing to do with the clubs transfer budget its why im saying il be watching what budget the BOD place for next season ,id be annoyed if i was putting cash in that was just topping up the current wages of the players tanner fund has to be seen as a thing the club can get in a top quality signing that the club couldnt otherwise get .
    I believe that’s the intention Francis. The Tanner Fund will be extra money on top of the transfer budget the manager has at the start of the season. The BOD won’t know how money is in the fund. That’s between the fund contributors only.

Hewitson is taking Queens down, he is surrounded by absolute idiots. 😐

It's funny how just two weeks ago when we beat Dundee Utd 4-0 all was quiet on the Western Front, - little was actually said, but two defeats and the vultures are out!

Take a look at yourselves lads and think carefully before uttering this bile. Don't get me wrong, I'm bitterly disappointed as well that we only took one point from nine, but football is not like any other business, and just because you put in lots of money does not mean you will be top of the league.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)