+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: QOS Tanner Fund

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    It's funny how just two weeks ago when we beat Dundee Utd 4-0 all was quiet on the Western Front, - little was actually said, but two defeats and the vultures are out!

Take a look at yourselves lads and think carefully before uttering this bile. Don't get me wrong, I'm bitterly disappointed as well that we only took one point from nine, but football is not like any other business, and just because you put in lots of money does not mean you will be top of the league.

thats football jardi when a team is doing ok everything does go quiet cause theres nout to shout about but when its utter garbage on display its sort it time and the only people i see that have the passion to sort it right away are the ones who show interest in complaining when its taking a bad turn ,anyways whos been moaning about how queens are pl;aying on this thread its been about this tanner fund has it not jardi or am i missing your points that you magic up in your brain lol ,people are talking about putting there cash into this tanner fund and what its going to take from the board before thay invest .

Quite simply Francis, - unless I'm very much mistaken, - we the supporters put some of our hard earned cash into a pot which is ring fenced to support the BOD to be able to bring better players to Palmerston than the current budget permits- end of. Why do we need an endorsement from the BOD? Yes it might be nice to have an acknowledgement of "thanks very much" - but until it actually materialises what the hell are they supposed to say?

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Quite simply Francis, - unless I'm very much mistaken, - we the supporters put some of our hard earned cash into a pot which is ring fenced to support the BOD to be able to bring better players to Palmerston than the current budget permits- end of. Why do we need an endorsement from the BOD? Yes it might be nice to have an acknowledgement of "thanks very much" - but until it actually materialises what the hell are they supposed to say?

ok jardi all the board need to say is what there budget will be for next season and also proving that the clubs budget isnt lower than this seasons one ,plus an acknowledgement of the tanner fund saying it will be available to the manager to bring in a player outwith the clubs own budget ,that will do nicely from the board i should think .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    ok jardi all the board need to say is what there budget will be for next season and also proving that the clubs budget isnt lower than this seasons one ,plus an acknowledgement of the tanner fund saying it will be available to the manager to bring in a player outwith the clubs own budget ,that will do nicely from the board i should think .

The BOD don’t know their budget for next season yet and won’t know until they know what league they’re in and there’s still a potential money making Scottish Cup tie or run.
    The BOD do though need to acknowledge the hard work that’s already gone into setting up the QTF and let the supporters know their thoughts on it.

From the official website ......

As you may or may not already know a committee of Queens fans have launched the new QOS Tanner Fund. The idea of the fund is for supporters to set up direct debts to pay a monthly amount, whatever you can afford - be it a £1, £5, £10, £20 or more with the money going into a fund to help the Club increase the squad during transfer markets.

Following the launch The Board said “We look forward to meeting up with Richie Nicoll and his Committee in the not too distant future. Any funds raised will be additional to the existing player budget the club works on. We hope it will offer a boost in the future to Allan as he continues to build, shape and develop our squad. The idea has worked well at clubs like Dunfermline, Ayr, Dumbarton, Morton and Hearts and we have been in discussion with a couple of those clubs to see how they work to give total transparency”.

Quote Originally Posted by Stravaigar View Post
    From the official website ......

As you may or may not already know a committee of Queens fans have launched the new QOS Tanner Fund. The idea of the fund is for supporters to set up direct debts to pay a monthly amount, whatever you can afford - be it a £1, £5, £10, £20 or more with the money going into a fund to help the Club increase the squad during transfer markets.

Following the launch The Board said “We look forward to meeting up with Richie Nicoll and his Committee in the not too distant future. Any funds raised will be additional to the existing player budget the club works on. We hope it will offer a boost in the future to Allan as he continues to build, shape and develop our squad. The idea has worked well at clubs like Dunfermline, Ayr, Dumbarton, Morton and Hearts and we have been in discussion with a couple of those clubs to see how they work to give total transparency”.
    Great that the club has finally come out and backed the idea but a bit more enthusiasm wouldn’t of went amiss.
    Last edited by aloreburn; 13-11-2019 at 07:11 AM.

It seems the BoD are damned if they do and damned if they don't in some peoples eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Auld_Chippy View Post
    It seems the BoD are damned if they do and damned if they don't in some peoples eyes.
    Maybe it could of been a more encouraging press release but at least they’ve officially backed the idea. Count me in

I’m glad the club has now backed the idea and I’ve now made a monthly financial commitment. May I ask if anyone else on here has done the same or are planning to ?

The idea needs our backing IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by nunez View Post
    I’m glad the club has now backed the idea and I’ve now made a monthly financial commitment. May I ask if anyone else on here has done the same or are planning to ?

The idea needs our backing IMO.
    Being knocked out today is another financial disaster for Queens that’s why the Tanner Fund idea is so important. Let’s get as many to join up and be in complete control of the money raised.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)