+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Derby v Luton

‘Shinnie was my man of the match. He was brilliant in the 1st half. Less so in the 2nd but still good. Great debut’.

Not so ‘crap’ then, GP and Adi.

The mystery continues...why have we waited two months for a debut from a player who ‘tackles, passes and covers lots of ground’?

Probably only played yesterday because Huddlestone injured himself taking a penalty, but a wholehearted mobile midfielder is what we’ve been crying out for for years. Sure he was also captain in Scotland. Puzzling.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    ‘Shinnie was my man of the match. He was brilliant in the 1st half. Less so in the 2nd but still good. Great debut’.

The mystery continues...why have we waited two months for a debut from a player who ‘tackles, passes and covers lots of ground’?

Probably only played yesterday because Huddlestone injured himself taking a penalty, but a wholehearted mobile midfielder is what we’ve been crying out for for years. Sure he was also captain in Scotland. Puzzling.
    They weren't my thoughts Ra. I saw Clarke in because of the Huddlestone injury replacing Bielik in the back 4 who moved to DM. I saw Shinnie in for Holmes.

The change that got me was FloJo in for Waggy? No idea why before, during or after the game.

With regard to the Hudds injury. He hit the penalty, moved away left and showed no sign of a problem. He was then barged, totally unnecessarily, by a Barnsley defender off the ball and that was when he, for me, picked up the injury.

Shinnie. Has it been a case of "I didn't buy him" or was there a fitness question or ........ what? He's played and done well in the U23s and I had started to think he might have upset somebody...... a mystery indeed.

Probably right MA, either way...the point is we have waited two months for Shinnie to appear and then only because of injury.
    The DT appears in complete agreement with you about Shinnie’s performance, tenacity, appearing to be the key word.
    That, imo, is what we’ve been missing in midfield for years so I hope it was a fitness issue and not a case of ‘I didn’t buy him’ which would be disappointing.

Happy to be wrong. Long may it continue!

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Happy to be wrong. Long may it continue!
    Sigh...if only you’d admit the same about ‘Remain’.

Probably right MA, either way...the point is we have waited two months for Shinnie to appear and then only because of injury.
    The DT appears in complete agreement with you about Shinnie’s performance, tenacity, appearing to be the key word.
    That, imo, is what we’ve been missing in midfield for years so I hope it was a fitness issue and not a case of ‘I didn’t buy him’ which would be disappointing.
    I watched the Cocu interview after the match and he mentioned that about two weeks ago Shinnie had approached him about how he could improve as a player and what was needed to get into the the match day squad. He told Shinnie that he had been playing in a different leage and had to be able to get used to the style of play and to keep training hard as he had done and his opportunity will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    I watched the Cocu interview after the match and he mentioned that about two weeks ago Shinnie had approached him about how he could improve as a player and what was needed to get into the the match day squad. He told Shinnie that he had been playing in a different leage and had to be able to get used to the style of play and to keep training hard as he had done and his opportunity will come.
    Surely the same could be said about Bielik, Clarke and Lowe...so still puzzled.

indeed it could be said of the entire squad having to get used to a new manager every year, with their own playing style which suits some, but not all. Example: Chris Martin who has successfully (so far at least) come back in from the cold under the Cocu style. If we had a manager for more than a year then we wouldn't keep having this problem every season.

I don't think its all about getting used to the league, after having played in another one, but rather getting used to what the manager wants. So I guess this means that Wazzer won't be in the first few squads in January?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    indeed it could be said of the entire squad having to get used to a new manager every year, with their own playing style which suits some, but not all. Example: Chris Martin who has successfully (so far at least) come back in from the cold under the Cocu style. If we had a manager for more than a year then we wouldn't keep having this problem every season.

I don't think its all about getting used to the league, after having played in another one, but rather getting used to what the manager wants. So I guess this means that Wazzer won't be in the first few squads in January?
    Someone should have hired a fortune teller to show Schteeve the Newcastle job was a poison chalice, then we wouldn't be having this discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Someone should have hired a fortune teller to show Schteeve the Newcastle job was a poison chalice, then we wouldn't be having this discussion
    That’d be Schteeve ‘one good season in the last nine’ McClaren would it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)