+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Leo Varadkar.

If you want no deal, but need to make it look like you tried, why not recycle something that’s already been vetoed?

I think the DUP realise that it’s so ridiculous that they may as well pretend to support it and not been seen to blocking Brexit.

The fact that Europe haven’t instantly thrown it out, makes it look like they are taking a similar stance.

Parliament won’t vote for it, Boris will be more shocked if this gets any traction as he well knows it’s unworkable.

Quote Originally Posted by baggielad View Post
    If you want no deal, but need to make it look like you tried, why not recycle something that’s already been vetoed?

I think the DUP realise that it’s so ridiculous that they may as well pretend to support it and not been seen to blocking Brexit.

The fact that Europe haven’t instantly thrown it out, makes it look like they are taking a similar stance.

Parliament won’t vote for it, Boris will be more shocked if this gets any traction as he well knows it’s unworkable.

Great, lets get out then with no deal and work our way through it. This is three years too long already. I cant imagine any mother saying to her daughter who wants to leave a domineering relationship "Well, I'm sure he'll change you don't have to have your own mind". No. You tell your kids "It might be hard but in time you will wish you had left sooner"

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Great, lets get out then with no deal and work our way through it. This is three years too long already. I cant imagine any mother saying to her daughter who wants to leave a domineering relationship "Well, I'm sure he'll change you don't have to have your own mind". No. You tell your kids "It might be hard but in time you will wish you had left sooner"
    There's not one reason I have seen yet that suggests we would be better off out of the EU. Countless economic experts say we would be better off in the EU and I would rather believe these than listen to Bob down the pub who says otherwise.
    We were hardly being domineered by the EU, we had already negotiated some good opt outs which put us in a good position:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politi...endum-35622105
    As we know it's been voted on to leave the EU, but we also need to be sensible about it with getting a deal that we can move on with.
    Having a no deal Brexit really doesn't make any sense. Why go for something that is more than likely going to make the average man on the street worse off. I really don't get why anyone would want that.
    Last edited by baggielad; 05-10-2019 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baggielad View Post
    There's not one reason I have seen yet that suggests we would be better off out of the EU. Countless economic experts say we would be better off in the EU and I would rather believe these than listen to Bob down the pub who says otherwise.
    We were hardly being domineered by the EU, we had already negotiated some good opt outs which put us in a good position:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politi...endum-35622105
    As we know it's been voted on to leave the EU, but we also need to be sensible about it with getting a deal that we can move on with.
    Having a no deal Brexit really doesn't make any sense. Why go for something that is more than likely going to make the average man on the street worse off. I really don't get why anyone would want that.
    Go on admit it.....it’s you 123?

Forget the log in for the old username?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Go on admit it.....it’s you 123?

Forget the log in for the old username?

It must be 123 as it’s as simple as 123. “ A no deal Brexit makes no sense “ he says!

Should every purchasing professional like myself in negotiation say - we must have a deal - any f uckin deal? When negotiating, if there’s no win win then sadly, you wish the other side best wishes and walk away!

That’s even as simple as 123 for non purchasers to get! It’s not hard really!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    It must be 123 as it’s as simple as 123. “ A no deal Brexit makes no sense “ he says!

Should every purchasing professional like myself in negotiation say - we must have a deal - any f uckin deal? When negotiating, if there’s no win win then sadly, you wish the other side best wishes and walk away!

That’s even as simple as 123 for non purchasers to get! It’s not hard really!
    So you are....I thought so.

Why the change of username?

I haven't posted on here for yonks but had to reply to this thread, Mick you are spot on about Varaker and all the other no marks on the EU gravy train I am so sick to the back teeth of their snidey comments and all the sympathisers in this country lets get the hell out of it without a deal which the EU have never seriously considered anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by tomkya View Post
    I haven't posted on here for yonks but had to reply to this thread, Mick you are spot on about Varaker and all the other no marks on the EU gravy train I am so sick to the back teeth of their snidey comments and all the sympathisers in this country lets get the hell out of it without a deal which the EU have never seriously considered anyway.
    Good to see you back Tomkya ......a welcome return.

Hope you’re back more regularly from now on!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    If he continues to act like such a little b I t c h I really hope that Ireland's economy absolutely “tanks” with a No Deal scenario.

1% of trade actually goes through that region ( I believe ) and the impact on them is going to be worse than on us.

I’m sick to the teeth of this “basket case” economy that is so in hock to the EU is constantly getting up on its minuscule back legs like a mouse on steroids and shouting the odds.

Sorry Dub’s,this isn’t personal in any way but this bloke is going to have “No Deal” on his CV and the resulting downturn in economy.

Surely he has to start helping rather than hindering?
    He's a Mug.
    The EU needed his full compliance with the backstop. The backstop is nothing but a trap to keep us in the customs Union.
    They promised him a united Ireland if he towed the line. Under Treason May, this was technically possible from a regulatory point of view but under Johnson they cannot guarantee it.
    He doesn't want to let it go.
    The DUP have played a blinder getting lots of cash. Varadker has ended up with sweet FA. So now he is going to be as difficult as he can until he gets something out of the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldricksCunningPlan View Post
    He's a Mug.
    Ireland has no constitutional rights over N. Ireland Under the Good Friday Agreement....the people of the Republic of Ireland voted overwhelmingly to amend Article 2 and 3 of our constitution.....by about 94%.

The Irish Government was bound by the terms of the 1998 Good Friday (Belfast) Agreement to submit Articles 2 and 3 to amendment by referendum. As a result, the Nine****th Amendment of the Constitution was adopted during June of the same year by 94% of those voting. The new wording describes the Irish nation as a community of individuals with a common identity rather than as a territory, and is intended to reassure unionists that a united Ireland will not happen without the consent of a majority of the Northern Ireland electorate.

People in the Republic do not give a dam about N.Ireland. They are part of the UK....
    However the people in N. Ireland are concerned...because they know the only party that supported leave was the DUP....no other party did. 64% voted to sty in across the divide. N.Ireland people are concerned simply because they know the Republic is not longer constitutional ed bound to N.Ireland.......
    Believing people in the Republic want and think about a United Ireland is dinosaur thinking...it ranks down there with hameroids...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)