+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Leo Varadkar.

Quote Originally Posted by baggielad View Post
    There's not one reason I have seen yet that suggests we would be better off out of the EU. Countless economic experts say we would be better off in the EU and I would rather believe these than listen to Bob down the pub who says otherwise.
    We were hardly being domineered by the EU, we had already negotiated some good opt outs which put us in a good position:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politi...endum-35622105
    As we know it's been voted on to leave the EU, but we also need to be sensible about it with getting a deal that we can move on with.
    Having a no deal Brexit really doesn't make any sense. Why go for something that is more than likely going to make the average man on the street worse off. I really don't get why anyone would want that.
    That’s a very stupid post if you don’t mind my saying so

Quote Originally Posted by stripes39 View Post
    That’s a very stupid post if you don’t mind my saying so
    Err. Would you like to elaborate.
    So you think a no deal brexit is good for the country, even though there's a lot of evidence to suggest otherwise.
    I think I know who's being stupid here.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldricksCunningPlan View Post
    He's a Mug...........
    Leo Varadkar may be a great many things but mug isn't one of them, he's a clever man and one look at his political bio highlights him as an opportunist as opposed to a mug. He may prove a little too clever for his own good but where you see nothing for Ireland he smells opportunity. There's gold to be had in them thar hills and it's going to be interesting to see how all of our prospects pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    Ireland has no constitutional rights over N. Ireland Under the Good Friday Agreement....the people of the Republic of Ireland voted overwhelmingly to amend Article 2 and 3 of our constitution.....by about 94%..... in the Republic do not give a dam about N.Ireland. They are part of the UK.........believing people in the Republic want and think about a United Ireland is dinosaur thinking...it ranks down there with hameroids...
    I have an extensive family network in the Republic (whom I admittedly no longer have contact with) and I've met a good number of Irish students over here. Based purely on a family who will NOT have changed their minds under any circumstances, and several conversations over a period of time with said students, there may be a boost in sales of Germoloids over your side of the sea some time soon. You may or may not wish to buy shares Dubbs . While by no means the open wound it once was the question of unification hasn't been wholly cauterised.

Quote Originally Posted by baggielad View Post
    Err. Would you like to elaborate.
    So you think a no deal brexit is good for the country, even though there's a lot of evidence to suggest otherwise.
    I think I know who's being stupid here.

123 - let’s hope under a different alias we don’t receive page after page of pro EU s hite!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    123 - let’s hope under a different alias we don’t receive page after page of pro eu s hite!
    lol 😆

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    While by no means the open wound it once was the question of unification hasn't been wholly cauterised.
    I think I understand your post 68....
    My point is this......64% of N. Ireland voters voted remain,as they see their future in the EU.
    The DUP campaigned to leave. All the other parties campaigned to remain.
    Unionist face a real dilemma...The DUP ascended to be the main Unionist party over the Official Unionist party as they were seen as the main party that could deal with a resurgent Sinn Fein (who them selves had ascended to be the main National party over the SDLP)
    So in effect....both main parties today in N.Ireland were extreme parties in their respected communicants years ago..when bigotry and hatred ruled the day. 25 years on....and things have changed....
    If you asked people here in the Republic...list your 20 most pressing concerns in life....A UNITED IRELAND WOULD NOT MAKE IT ON TO THE LIST.
    Highest rents in Europe...high cost of living...health care crisis....high taxes.....low wages....housing crises....huge debt from bailing out the banks...which young people will have to endure (as will young people all over the world) for the rest of there working lives with high taxes.

Our constitution would have to be changed again after another referendum...
    For a start...unlike your tick a box referendum....and to hell with the consequences....people would like to know first....
    Who is going to pay for reunification? Tax payer? Will the EU fund it? Will USA fund it?
    What about the legacy issues around leaving the UK? Who picks that tab up?
    Tax payer? Screw that...Patriotism is not to big here...it went the way of the dinosaurs.....
    N.Ireland is your issue...and your issue it shall remain......and that includes the sovereign responsibility of the UK government to the good Friday agreement.... whoever your PM is...
    The Dinosaur United Party (DUP) doesn't speak for the majority of the people of N.Ireland....

I think I understand your post 68....
    My point is this......64% of N. Ireland voters voted remain,as they see their future in the EU.
    The DUP campaigned to leave. All the other parties campaigned to remain.
    Unionist face a real dilemma...The DUP ascended to be the main Unionist party over the Official Unionist party as they were seen as the main party that could deal with a resurgent Sinn Fein (who them selves had ascended to be the main National party over the SDLP)
    So in effect....both main parties today in N.Ireland were extreme parties in their respected communicants years ago..when bigotry and hatred ruled the day. 25 years on....and things have changed....
    If you asked people here in the Republic...list your 20 most pressing concerns in life....A UNITED IRELAND WOULD NOT MAKE IT ON TO THE LIST.
    Highest rents in Europe...high cost of living...health care crisis....high taxes.....low wages....housing crises....huge debt from bailing out the banks...which young people will have to endure (as will young people all over the world) for the rest of there working lives with high taxes.

Our constitution would have to be changed again after another referendum...
    For a start...unlike your tick a box referendum....and to hell with the consequences....people would like to know first....
    Who is going to pay for reunification? Tax payer? Will the EU fund it? Will USA fund it?
    What about the legacy issues around leaving the UK? Who picks that tab up?
    Tax payer? Screw that...Patriotism is not to big here...it went the way of the dinosaurs.....
    N.Ireland is your issue...and your issue it shall remain......and that includes the sovereign responsibility of the UK government to the good Friday agreement.... whoever your PM is...
    The Dinosaur United Party (DUP) doesn't speak for the majority of the people of N.Ireland....
    Again Dubs.....this isn’t personal.

You do seem to substantiate my earlier point....Republic of Ireland is a basket case as explained by your own words above.

You are so in hock to the EU that Varadkar bends double for them as well!?

If he does facilitate a “No Deal” the financial situation on your fair isle are going to be worse I would imagine?

It’ll be interesting to see if your voters give him a “punishment beating” next time around or regard him as a hero?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    You do seem to substantiate my earlier point....Republic of Ireland is a basket case as explained by your own words above.
    OK Mick......Ireland is the country that is a basket case at this moment in history.
    Best of luck....

OK Mick......Ireland is the country that is a basket case at this moment in history.
    Best of luck....
    FFS Dubs.....READ your own previous post!?

Are you now denying what you actually wrote?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)