+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Leo Varadkar.

What in my post constitutes a basket case?
    Are you referring to the issues we have?

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    What in my post constitutes a basket case?
    Are you referring to the issues we have?
    Yes and the fact that you owe the EU big time.

We are a nett contributor......are you?

Ireland received €1.8 billion in EU funds in 2017, and contributed just over €2 billion, as the country continues to be a net contributor, according to the latest annual report of the EU's budgetary watchdog.
    Ireland first became a net contributor in 2014.
    We have debt....does the UK? I think so.
    The local issues in Ireland are the same around the world...hardly means that we are a basket case....
    I know many of our doctors dont go to London to work because the rent is too high there also...issues are the same in most countries...
    But hardly makes us a basket case...we got bailed out cause of rotten banks...UK got bailed out back in the 70's I believe.
    Hardly makes us a basket case.....because of out growth this year we have to set a side about €3. 5 billion as our contribution....cause worse of countries then us in here now...but again hardly makes us a basket case...

Ireland received €1.8 billion in EU funds in 2017, and contributed just over €2 billion, as the country continues to be a net contributor, according to the latest annual report of the EU's budgetary watchdog.
    Ireland first became a net contributor in 2014.
    We have debt....does the UK? I think so.
    The local issues in Ireland are the same around the world...hardly means that we are a basket case....
    I know many of our doctors dont go to London to work because the rent is too high there also...issues are the same in most countries...
    But hardly makes us a basket case...we got bailed out cause of rotten banks...UK got bailed out back in the 70's I believe.
    Hardly makes us a basket case.....because of out growth this year we have to set a side about €3. 5 billion as our contribution....cause worse of countries then us in here now...but again hardly makes us a basket case...
    Interesting stuff Dubs.

Most of us have the same problems within our society.

Look at the link below though and see just how much the U.K. nett contributes to this b o l l o x compared to even France!

The sooner we leave the better.

Perhaps you’ll be asked to contribute more to Poland and Latvia when we depart!?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-48256318

I am very aware of the contributions by the UK over time to the EU. I was paying my taxes during the Tatcher era when she was successful in getting a rebate from the EU. I do understand that side of it....
    And yes...there will be an alignment after the UK is gone...and it will befall those who can pay more and they will....
    The majority have asked to leave in the UK....hopefully that will happen in just over 3 weeks time.....

.......The majority have asked to leave in the UK....hopefully that will happen in just over 3 weeks time.....
    Anybody'd think the UK was unpopular Dubbs, perish the thought ...

....I don't know who's going to break the news to those who think we should stay in the EU with our 'friends'.

Well...the majority DID vote to leave...so it should be upheld.....
    Either with a deal or without a deal...As to been unpopular...my own view would be no.....I am sure in the EU there are many that have internal issues dating back years....but thankfully evolution usually sorts that out...unless children are brought up in the images of the parents...we would hardly advance were that truly the case....

Well...the majority DID vote to leave...so it should be upheld.....
    Either with a deal or without a deal...As to been unpopular...my own view would be no.....I am sure in the EU there are many that have internal issues dating back years....but thankfully evolution usually sorts that out...unless children are brought up in the images of the parents...we would hardly advance were that truly the case....
    I speak as I find and I’ve never had anything but good experiences when dealing and being around the Irish and the hospitality I received in Belfast prior to the GF agreement was unbelievably fantastic.

In Tenby where my holiday home is the people are lovely.

In North Wales it’s different,they close ranks against us and speak in “Tongues”.....it’s obvious they hate us.

Same with a lot of the Scots.....massive chip on their shoulders a lot of them.

But you boys.....No in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I speak as I find and I’ve never had anything but good experiences when dealing and being around the Irish and the hospitality I received in Belfast prior to the GF agreement was unbelievably fantastic.

In Tenby where my holiday home is the people are lovely.

In North Wales it’s different,they close ranks against us and speak in “Tongues”.....it’s obvious they hate us.

Same with a lot of the Scots.....massive chip on their shoulders a lot of them.

But you boys.....No in my opinion.
    To be fair Mick, you don't even have to go to North Wales do you? Plenty of shops around the W. Mids where you're lucky to be spoken to in English.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindenbaggie View Post
    To be fair Mick, you don't even have to go to North Wales do you? Plenty of shops around the W. Mids where you're lucky to be spoken to in English.
    You’ve been to Lye then Linden?

Romanian and Pakistani.....you need to fluent in both and even if you are you’ll probably still get robbed.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)