+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Leo Varadkar.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I speak as I find and I’ve never had anything but good experiences when dealing and being around the Irish and the hospitality I received in Belfast prior to the GF agreement was unbelievably fantastic.

In Tenby where my holiday home is the people are lovely.

In North Wales it’s different,they close ranks against us and speak in “Tongues”.....it’s obvious they hate us.

Same with a lot of the Scots.....massive chip on their shoulders a lot of them.

But you boys.....No in my opinion.
    I've lived in North Wales for 15 years and only once had a problem with one guy, he was drunk and was quickly put in his place by a very Welsh neighbour.
    I'm still a STH and travel back for most games
    Last edited by Baggies_Boy_Tony; 07-10-2019 at 07:21 PM.

Hammersmith mafia

Today with very sad news that the DON of the Hammersmith mafia past away this morning......Ian riddell or ginger to friends....my heart is broken that this man has passed....Ian was the nicest person you would ever meet and I’m crying my eyes out writing this so sad....the Hammersmith mafia was given the us by Baggieboygeoff..I think it was a spelling mistake it should of been hammerwich....that name has stuck with the group for years.....Ian the DON a season ticket holder down the baggies for many a years ,seen the good the bad and the ugly,But I would like to say in reality loved Every moment....anyone who maybe knew THE DON please pass on ..ie The guys off the barge trips which are brilliant and the guys where used to sit.....sorry for all the spelling mistakes and all .....Craig (hearts broken )

Hello Craig. Really sorry to read your news. I met Ian on a number of occasions in the Sportsman and also on the barge. He always had a smile on his face and showed great character and resolve in adversity. He was a good man and will be remembered fondly. I've sent a text of your news to Geoff. Take care chap and R.I.P Ian.

The EU continue to play silly buggers and refuse to meet us half-way, the saying goes Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    Perfectly sums up our dealings with the EU its about time we told them to do one, oh we would if it wasn't for the remainers.

Well.....its looking like an extended extension this time...till about June 2020. The end of January wont be enough time with a general election to be had probably ......

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    Well.....its looking like an extended extension this time...till about June 2020. The end of January wont be enough time with a general election to be had probably ......
    Boris won’t send the letter so it’ll have to be Bercow I suspect as he is a Tory MP after all.

The Tory’s will go into an election as the ultra Brexit Party to kill off Farage.

The only tactic open to them but a dangerous one.

A fight to the death with opposition party’s I guess.

If Labour ditch Corbyn before the election their “face both ways” strategy with another referendum on offer will probably see them gain power.

But they won’t so Boris will win.

I wonder if the strategy is to appear to be the “No Deal” party only to change tack if they get a big majority and then try for another negotiation?

Politics is brutal.....if it was me,I’d probably use exactly this tactic to kill off Farage and win the election.

Quote Originally Posted by baggielad View Post
    If you want no deal, but need to make it look like you tried, why not recycle something that’s already been vetoed?

I think the DUP realise that it’s so ridiculous that they may as well pretend to support it and not been seen to blocking Brexit.

The fact that Europe haven’t instantly thrown it out, makes it look like they are taking a similar stance.

Parliament won’t vote for it, Boris will be more shocked if this gets any traction as he well knows it’s unworkable.
    Sick Parrot or copied and pasted?

Taoiseach Leo Varadkar and British Prime Minister Boris Johnson have said they can "see a pathway to a possible deal" following Brexit talks in Cheshire.

In a joint statement, both leaders said today's talks had been detailed and constructive.

According to the statement, the discussions concentrated on the "challenges of customs and consent".

They also discussed the potential to strengthen bilateral relations, including on Northern Ireland.

As a follow up to these negotiations, the Taoiseach is to consult the EU Taskforce 50, while the UK Brexit Secretary Stephen Barclay is to meet with the EU's chief negotiator Michel Barnier tomorrow morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    Taoiseach Leo Varadkar and British Prime Minister Boris Johnson have said they can "see a pathway to a possible deal" following Brexit talks in Cheshire.

In a joint statement, both leaders said today's talks had been detailed and constructive.

According to the statement, the discussions concentrated on the "challenges of customs and consent".

They also discussed the potential to strengthen bilateral relations, including on Northern Ireland.

As a follow up to these negotiations, the Taoiseach is to consult the EU Taskforce 50, while the UK Brexit Secretary Stephen Barclay is to meet with the EU's chief negotiator Michel Barnier tomorrow morning.
    Translated into simple terms.....

Northern Ireland to be thrown under the bus!

You may remember Dubs I stated on here about 3-4 weeks ago that this would happen and that Boris would abandon them.....I hope you recall those comments.

It’s the only way I could see a deal happening.

In fairness to the EU it’s the fair outcome and if anyone was going to suffer it was the smallest player with the worst hand!

Most of NI voted to stay in and ten DUP MP’s have been the tail wagging the dog as I’ve stated before.

I don’t actually believe the backstop will ever be needed anyway.

I hope the ERG and the Tory rebels plus Plaid and the 25-30 Labour Party lot vote for this.

If they don’t they are complete fools.

Initially a sour pill for NI to swallow but 5 years from now I think it’ll all have calmed down.

I’m a pragmatist......this is the only equitable solution imo.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Translated into simple terms.....
    Northern Ireland to be thrown under the bus!
    You may remember Dubs I stated on here about 3-4 weeks ago that this would happen and that Boris would abandon them.....I hope you recall those comments.
    I do indeed Mick.....It may very well end up being a N. Ireland type backstop as had been mooted a few years ago...but there are no details leaking over here yet...usually the DUP....would have announced something by now......which suggests the leaking has stopped from Number 10, that had happened earlier...
    Although...I had heard a whisper here last night that the meeting had been brought forward a day earlier.....to look at an early agreement on a trade deal between EU and UK...which could see no tariffs incurred by either side...but we shall see...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)