+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Reaction needed Robbie

Reaction needed Robbie

Despite all the goals this is exactly what the fans have been fearing, a flat performance with no passion or pride.
    Alloa players came off 100% knackered, not one of our players was out of breath. I can accept getting beat but not against a bottom of the league part time team who had more chances, more desire and a stronger work ethic.
    Shankland's goals have masked the fact we are too weak, but without him Utd are facing more years in this league. For Laurence to not listen to other teams players when he joins the Scotland squad, he needs to get service.
    He won't get that from a team of soft centred lads who think they are better than they are.

Get this mentality sorted Robbie and show this is just a blip or face the wrath of fans who are sick to death of false dawns.

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    Despite all the goals this is exactly what the fans have been fearing, a flat performance with no passion or pride.
    Alloa players came off 100% knackered, not one of our players was out of breath. I can accept getting beat but not against a bottom of the league part time team who had more chances, more desire and a stronger work ethic.
    Shankland's goals have masked the fact we are too weak, but without him Utd are facing more years in this league. For Laurence to not listen to other teams players when he joins the Scotland squad, he needs to get service.
    He won't get that from a team of soft centred lads who think they are better than they are.

Get this mentality sorted Robbie and show this is just a blip or face the wrath of fans who are sick to death of false dawns.
    We might get a reaction.
    Until the next reaction is needed!

There has to be a tougher mentality from all players and remember that every side will see us as their private cup final, so we must have the same mentality and play to win every game.

Wow that's the reaction we get from a team beaten by Alloa. This is fast becoming even more dire than last year, and don't anyone spout shyte that we are top.
    I don't know whos at fault the most, the owner for dishing out an extension to a manager who got gubbed by Alloa, the manager for continuing to tinker and accept crap attitudes and performances in return, or the men who wear the shirt.
    I am loathe to call them players and only just forced myself to type men.

I'm gonna call it now and say we are staying down. My money would be on Partick winning this league

We are a shambles and a complete bollox of a team

Reynolds has no passion for a captain.We need someone like Connolly or Butcher who can dig in and encourage others. First Queens goal was an absolute shambles. Defended a free kick five yards in our half ten yards outside our own box. It gave them acres of space at the back post to knock the ball into and to head it back into six yard.A ball that is hard to defend.IMO Reynolds at fault for this senior defender and captain. Smith at left back is not working has to turn back to get his crosses in. Keeper didn't cover himself in glory either. Only Appere got pass marks from me. Shankland got little service but he did have one or two chances he could have done better with. To make only one sub was a mistake. He should have brought Sporle on and moved Smith over even if it was just for the last ten minutes. Thought we had two reasonable shouts for pens that on another day could have been given.
    Anyone notice the prick of a steward shifting everybody of the front seats. Certainly not done nicely. "Move" and nothing else. No please no thank you nothing just move.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)