+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Preston North End Match Thoughts

Preston North End Match Thoughts

More hope than belief I have to say , defend like we have of late and it will be a very difficult afternoon .

Lets hope the faithful making the trip over the pennines have something to celebrate come 5pm .

We live in hope .

Home game for me.
    Getting a lift off 2 PNE S/T holders.
    I hope it's a pleasant trip home, but I'm not confident.
    As you say the defence is a massive concern.
    First goal is key.

At least we've not got Loris in nets.

We have only lost one in the last nine against these so we may be a bogey team for them? Having said that I think we will get a hammering!

Cam Mac with our first away goal of the season ties the game up at 1-1 .

Doesn't sound too convincing but we are right in the game none the less .

Getting a right drubbing now , currently 4-1 down with 25 minutes still left to play .

Its all over now 63 mins 4-1.
    Sound outclassed and the wheels have really come off
    Not long before heads drop.

This ownership has to change direction before they lose the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Its all over now 63 mins 4-1.
    Sound outclassed and the wheels have really come off
    Not long before heads drop.

This ownership has to change direction before they lose the fans.
    No way are this team even remotely looking like staying up .

I watched Charlton this lunchtime at Fulham and they are a mile in front of us .

Huddersfield winning now and Stoke drawing at Swansea .

We will finish rock bottom with 20 points looking a big ask .

Best transfer window in our history !!!

Now 5-1 !!!

As a supporter of this club I feel embarrassed by our current situation.

Weve got idiots telling us how well they have done in the transfer market both incoming and outgoing. We are clearly some distance from being competitive in this league with these players.

Whist we sell all the quality that had us rated as one of the best teams last season, our fellow clubs promoted alongside us add to their promotion squad and show they can have a real go at this division.

I feel like chucking it all in whilst these greedy sods are at the club. Totally clueless.

Stoke with a last gasp winner at Swansea .

Take me back to league one now!! After 35 years of going down to oakwell my patience is running thin with this arse policy we have adopted. A lot of the goals today were down to sh!te defending and just basic errors as they have been all season. I like Stendel but I am starting to question the defensive side of our game and the principles we have adopted this season. The full backs are way too high and way to poor to cope at this level , constantly leaving the centre backs to be pulled out wide. You can’t tell me that a warnock/wilder/McCarthy manager wouldn’t have this defence better drilled. I think Stendel needs to rethink our approach to games as there’s too many lightweights and poncy midfielders .
    As I know has been covered in umpteen other threads , he has been sold well short and I have a sneaky suspicion our work over the international break will be looking for a new head coach as he will resign!

I have chucked it in and as I said at the start of the season I will not be giving this lot my money for them to coin it in on future transfers! I will not attend a game whilst this policy is in place.
    They think we are idiots who will stand for this approach of promotion and relegation year on year and swallow the bull they dish out!
    Just wait for the next main site interviews before we play again...."We want to put this right for the fans" "We want to improve" "We want to show the fans what we are capable of" I want the owners out of my club!!!!!
    My Town - My Team - No Hope!

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    Take me back to league one now!! After 35 years of going down to oakwell my patience is running thin with this arse policy we have adopted. A lot of the goals today were down to sh!te defending and just basic errors as they have been all season. I like Stendel but I am starting to question the defensive side of our game and the principles we have adopted this season. The full backs are way too high and way to poor to cope at this level , constantly leaving the centre backs to be pulled out wide. You can’t tell me that a warnock/wilder/McCarthy manager wouldn’t have this defence better drilled. I think Stendel needs to rethink our approach to games as there’s too many lightweights and poncy midfielders .
    As I know has been covered in umpteen other threads , he has been sold well short and I have a sneaky suspicion our work over the international break will be looking for a new head coach as he will resign!
    I wouldn't dispute Stendel's got to take some of the responsibility , his tactics of late leave much to be desired .

As much as I love the guy Stendel looks to be a one trick pony .

However when Hecky went all defensive and tried to keep us in games he was given pelters too on here two years ago .

Stendel was hired to play a specific brand of football by the owners and it is what it is , the results are shyte but he's playing the football that got him the job in the first place .

He's also playing this brand of football with poorer players than he had last season in league one .

Poor recruitment and a coach who can only play a specific way leaves us where we are .

What I want to see is some accountability and people at the club taking some responsibility for this debacle .

You want to run this club in this fashion so answer for yourselves then .

I'm never been happy with this Rshole spreadsheet and definitely not a lover of these owners hence Ive throwed the towel in since cryne demolished a good team and these non footballing money grabbing owners are killing my beloved BFC after supporting them 50+ years its time to call it a day

Well that was embarrassing.
    Probably in the worst 5 performances I've seen in 50+ years.
    I'd struggle to give anyone 3 out of 10.
    It could have been double figures easily.
    I couldn't have done worse than either centre back.
    Travelled back with Preston local radio on with Preston fans saying how brilliant they were.
    They weren't. A half decent team would have got 10, Fulham on their game maybe 15 to 20.
    Not since Sunday morning football have I seen such a shambles.
    I felt like leaving at half time and we were drawing 1-1.
    It was only a matter of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    Travelled back with Preston local radio on with Preston fans saying how brilliant they were.
    They weren't. A half decent team would have got 10, Fulham on their game maybe 15 to 20.
    At some stage this spreadsheet policy was always going to c@ck up .

We had a warning that a virus had entered the database when Jordan Green was Brad Potts replacement in January .

Schmidt is Moore's replacement apparently and Halme and Andersen are expected to be at least as good as Pinnock and Lindsay which they clearly aren't .

Even the two new goalkeepers won't get anywhere near the season Davies had last year .

The recruitment in the summer is possibly the worst I've seen in modern day championship terms .

Even Keef's Rochdale freebies were better than this .

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    Av just got back. Tha knows Hodger as do many on here summats not reyt.

Hoss sez "its the best/ most successful transfer window in BFC history"
    Hoss sez "The players we ev brought in are a significant upgrade on departing players"

Daniel ez been shafted by these charlatans. If I were him I would walk and would give him my total respect for doing it.

We were a shambles today. Am not even trying to find positives.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 05-10-2019 at 05:35 PM.

As I know has been covered in umpteen other threads , he has been sold well short and I have a sneaky suspicion our work over the international break will be looking for a new head coach as he will resign![/QUOTE]

I hate to say i told you so! The boardroom at oakwell should be ashamed if what we're reading is true