+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Dover Athletic 05.10.19

Match Thread vs Dover Athletic 05.10.19

Damien McCrory misses out but Ben Turner returns from injury to take his place in the heart of the defence, while Nathan Tyson is included among the substitutes.

Name:  EGHads9XYAEPDQ7.jpg
Views: 1682
Size:  18.4 KB

If fit, Turner had to come back, bit hard on McCrory though who played very well indeed against Fylde and was a stand out.

Goalkeeper sub dropped to accommodate Tyson. TBF that’s a very attack minded bench as even Bird offers a threat going forward for set pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Masson4 View Post
    If fit, Turner had to come back, bit hard on McCrory though who played very well indeed against Fylde and was a stand out.
    I think NA mentioned McCrory was struggling after getting a couple of knocks against Fylde so probably needed to rest him anyway. Great that Turners fit again like you say but even then Bird could have stepped in if necessary. Not many clubs in this league with that level of cover at CB.

Would be interesting to know who would go between the sticks in the event of a calamity.

Personally, I don't like the idea. Surely a choice of four outfield players with a goalie sub is adequate.

Would be interesting to know who would go between the sticks in the event of a calamity.

Personally, I don't like the idea. Surely a choice of four outfield players with a goalie sub is adequate.
    Yes it’s a bit of a conundrum but only having 5 subs available is one of the things I actually like about this league. Never bothered anyone much when only one sub was allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Damien McCrory misses out but Ben Turner returns from injury to take his place in the heart of the defence, while Nathan Tyson is included among the substitutes.

Name:  EGHads9XYAEPDQ7.jpg
Views: 1682
Size:  18.4 KB
    I like that team. No-one is out of position.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Yes it’s a bit of a conundrum but only having 5 subs available is one of the things I actually like about this league. Never bothered anyone much when only one sub was allowed.
    That's where I'm coming from too. It just feels a bit ridiculous to say that five players including a substitute is not enough choice.

I totally agree. You're playing Russian Roulette. Some opposing manager might be cynical enough, to feel it's worth having one of your own players sent off to leave the opposition without a recognised keeper.

For those abroad, you can listen here : https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/49800074

Works in DEN.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast