+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coventry City Post Match Thoughts

Coventry City Post Match Thoughts

Well it had to happen. What I hear you say? The Millers eventually had to click or after 10+ years on MillersMad IBS would finally get one of his absurd predictions right! I guess a blind man throwing darts will eventually hit the bullseye. Was it a case of a change being as good as a rest, players finally playing to their potential, tactical genius from our much maligned management team or just a poor effort from Coventry? Or is it all down to one word, Smudge?

Thoughts?

Much, much better in many ways

Formation was good and compact which allowed us to use the width. Smudge and Crookes linked really well and both were a handful.

Covs defending was absolute shyte but that shouldnt take the gloss off a really good attacking display, we could have had a few more.

Dont think anyone had a poor game they all contributed

those flares reminded me of the 70s

It has finally finished. Couldn't go today, but great result, and by the sounds of it great performance too. I prefer 4-5-1 or 4-4-2, to 4-3-3, because the players seem to have a clearer understanding of what they are supposed to do. Let's see what happens when we have all the injured players back

Warne out now!!!

This 4-5-1 formation is s.hite....

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    4 51 suits smith. IF smith plays well we play well. We have good goalscoring midfielders who can play this formation.

Well Warne got that one right,Robins didn't,please wrap Olosunde in cotton wool we are a better team with that lad playing.My m.o.m Smith got his chance & took it.Coventry defence was poor at times but I think we have to take credit for some of that.

Worked really well today. Matt Crookes was at his best in a more advanced position charging defenders down and getting into the box. Smith was at his best as well winning headers and shielding the ball allowing others to play. Only weak link was Barlaser who wasn't terrible but if we can get Ogbene and Hastie on the wings of a 5 in midfield with smith up top we should be pushing up that league again. Well dome lads. Lets hope Warne has now found the magic formula.

UTM.

Name:  7FC1945A-F868-4428-AF75-667F2EBDFF20.jpg
Views: 1776
Size:  8.1 KB

Only bad thing about today was this guy’s suit!

How come I get searched taking a flask and sandwiches into the ground but Coventry fans are able to smuggle in half a dozen flares and other objects?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    I think it only works when Smiths the one.He his the only true target man we have got.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast