+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Players for the chop against huddersfield

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    I don't understand why anyone would read the comments on the LET site
    I should probably listen, Seventwo, but Roversmad only has about half a dozen posters nowadays, and I get sucked into other sites!

I know what you mean but I never look at LET comments and don't look at BRFCS match threads after a defeat.
    It's pointless, there is no commonsense, just extreme reactions.
    I doubt any of our players worry about a result the day after the match.

Going back
    If there is no effort on the pitch by a large chunk of the team why should they continue to be selected?
    We missed travis badly yesterday his energy and drive is infectious
    I really hope his hamstring injury is a light one as it worries me how slow and limp we look without him.

This is what you get though when you play a 35 year old guy up front who is finished. Who is adding nothing.
    After his performance on Tues, the fact he played concerned me.
    Then he hooked him at HT. Indecisive, wasted a sub, and totally unfair in a lad he paid £5m for. A real kick in the balls.
    He destroyed (yes Aucks, he DID) Brereton last season. He will destroy Gallagher. He is not a winger!!!!!! To then take him out of the side in favour of such a poor Graham, tells you he is losing it. And probably needs to part company with us.
    He won't have clue what to do with Holbty. He won't drop Dack, which simply has to happen. So he will wasted, like Brereton, Chapman, Samuel, Gallagher.
    You don't play a 35 year old Graham away to QPR after his pathetic performances this season. The bloke is finished. I've seen more than enough of him to see that.
    You don't play Downing in his 3rd game in a week away at QPR. You don't play Evans who a who is crap.
    You don't bring Rothwell in, who is just a poor player. Who still hasn't done anything of note in a Rovers shirt in an important game.
    And defensively we are a shambles still.
    I'm getting really fed up with Mowbray. I thibk it's best if he moves on. He appears clueless, like he did for a 3rd of last season, when all our chances disappeared down a drain in Feb/March. He can't see where his mistakes are. And keeps repeating them. And he's destroying young players he is wasting all my clubs money on. He did well tightening things up. Now he's the bloke costing us £5m on players he doesn't rate higher than a 3t year old ****e Danny Graham who's performance level has dropped to embarrasing.

Hudd's Town are playing into form. We are woeful. I won't expect anything other than a point at best from this. And a clueless nonsensical line-up that will cost us.
    Not good enough Tony. Not even close.

The trouble is if we win 3 games on the trot all will be forgiven and you'll say we are world beaters again

Champs - you do see what Seventwo means? There is a tendency for you bounce between extremes.
    I think we are simply somwhere in between. A mid-table team with mid-table players.

That's fair enough. But yesterday was poor again no matter which way you look at things.

It was dreadful, and we also played badly against Charlton and Luton.
    In the other games, though - even the defeats - there was a lot to like.
    This is why I find it difficult to draw hard-and-fast conclusions.
    Football is not a computer game. It's not a quetion of "Do A and B will automatically follow." Look at Sunday's results in the PL and Scotland as an illustration of what I mean!

It's tough league and TM is, rightly imho, changing our tactics. If this season is the one before we attempt a top 6 finish he is doing the right thing.

DG doesn't fit in with our new style but, at the moment, we're struggling with the new tactics. It's no good keep going back to DG and is probably best he goes in January.

I'd play Tosin and Bradley every week.
    We need a settled side with minimum changes. It looks like TM is more open to that this season.

We are a team in transition and nobody has shown us up thus far.

Look at what TM inherited plus the years of turmoil beforehand then look where we are now.

"Legend" is an often used word these days but I believe history will show TM earned the tag.

The LET and BRFCS can influence our moods and thoughts, don't fall for it.

Seventwo - good, positive post, and you may be right that I am unduly influenced by what I read on the Telegraph site.
    All the same, I know what it's like when the band-wagon starts to roll - especially if the media spot it and get on board. Word will reach the owners and they'll panic.
    I hate the phrase "It's a must win", but the Huddersfield game is taking on that appearance - not so much for the team, as for TM himself.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)