+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Players for the chop against huddersfield

It's a well known fact that we go into a international break always with a loss next to our name.
    Maybe just maybe you might have a point champs.
    Hopefully a much better performance against huddersfield will calm the natives down a little.
    If the worst comes to the worst and all the injured players fail to make the next match,how about this line up

Gk leutwiller
    Rb nyambe
    CB Williams
    CB tosin
    Lb hart

RM Armstrong
    Cm Davenport
    Cm Holtby
    Lm downing

Fw samuel
    Fw Gallagher

A little old fashioned with 4-4-2 but with the potential of travis,lenihan,Cunningham and Walton out of the starting line up and of course dack and Graham out of form.
    We need to start trying others out.

Sorry - been away for a couple of days, taking advantage of some sudden sunshine, after a very wet six weeks. Back to rain today!
    I quite like that team, Robin, but we are much weaker with Travis not there.

I know we are sadly,but he is one of the players injured,we can only pray he recovers for huddersfield.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Sorry - been away for a couple of days, taking advantage of some sudden sunshine, after a very wet six weeks. Back to rain today!
    I quite like that team, Robin, but we are much weaker with Travis not there.
    Where have you been Aucks? I like to check these far away places out. Let's see today a to brighten up my dreary day at work.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    It's a well known fact that we go into a international break always with a loss next to our name.
    Maybe just maybe you might have a point champs.
    Hopefully a much better performance against huddersfield will calm the natives down a little.
    If the worst comes to the worst and all the injured players fail to make the next match,how about this line up

Gk leutwiller
    Rb nyambe
    CB Williams
    CB tosin
    Lb hart

RM Armstrong
    Cm Davenport
    Cm Holtby
    Lm downing

Fw samuel
    Fw Gallagher

A little old fashioned with 4-4-2 but with the potential of travis,lenihan,Cunningham and Walton out of the starting line up and of course dack and Graham out of form.
    We need to start trying others out.
    I like this team too. Throws the cat amount the pigeons. I think the one thing we all agree on, he's probably staying too loyal to players who are not putting it all in.
    Once the break is over, we have Holtby in a fitter place than he was. And starting games which he can influence. He should make a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Where have you been Aucks? I like to check these far away places out. Let's see today a to brighten up my dreary day at work.
    We were in a bach (NZ name for a traditional, family holiday home - often quite basic, as in this case!) on the Karikari Peninsula in the north-east of the North Island.
    Amazing beaches, only well used in the school summer holidays. At one point on Wednesday, we could look about 800 metres in either direction without seeing another person.
    As I said, we have had an awful two months, weather-wise, so it was lovely to get some sun.
    Last edited by AucklandRover; 11-10-2019 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    I like this team too. Throws the cat amount the pigeons. I think the one thing we all agree on, he's probably staying too loyal to players who are not putting it all in.
    Once the break is over, we have Holtby in a fitter place than he was. And starting games which he can influence. He should make a big difference.
    Champs and Robin - I said about a month ago that TM was taking the pragmatic route of using his most experienced players to grind out results. At that point, it seemed to be working. Now, God knows!
    Three choices, really:
    1) Keep more or less the same team and rely on them to turn things around. (This would require dramatically improved form, in some cases!)
    2) What my dad use to call "the whole kit and caboodle" approach. That is, a mass change, with three or four youngsters given a go.
    3) The bite-the-bullet option of calling time on Bennett and Graham, and giving up on the "wide third forward". This would probably mean 3-5-2, 3-4-3 (with Chapman as one of the front three) or 4-4-2.
    Don't ask me to choose, though, because I'm really not sure.

I really hope with lenihans injury,mowbray isn't thinking of sticking Williams at left back and nyambe at centre half.
    2 wrongs dont make a right.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)