+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Players for the chop against huddersfield

Players for the chop against huddersfield

Graham
    Dack
    Rothwell(despite the mass cries for his inclusion)
    Evans
    Bell
    Bennett
    Williams
    Lenihan
    Might as well scrap the lot
    No passion no fight no guts no *******s.

In no way am I saying because we lost today that anything should happen. It's one game. Millwall have the same points as us and have just parted company with their manager.
    Not too sure which way all this is heading. A little break, re-group and get a good result at PNE and then get another couple of results and it all changes. It's not happening going forward, but I'm not going into all that again. Ominous he left Johnson out again. That's off-field antics that's lead to that. Pity Travis picked up a knock and was missing.
    If the defence isn't quite doing enough, which it isn't over the past 3 matches, then make a change. Even more so when he had Tosin ready to play having made an effort to bring him in. Surley he came to play? And we aren't playing well enough to keep sticking with it. I thought in the games he played, he added to us.
    But the bigger concern is what's happening (or not) up-front.

Just finished watching.
    Totally agree with that last sentence, Champs.
    We started with four potential attacking players, but looked very unlikely to score!
    In fact, for the first half-hour, I thought the managers had agreed on a nil-nil result.
    Then...our defence went back to the worst of last season.
    As Robin said, we really missed Travis, but that's no excuse for the defending or the toothlessness up front.
    The weird thing was, we had ample ball, but did nothing with it.
    I'm a bit lost for words, really. This bore no resemblance to that last half-hour against Forest.

I can't quite put my finger on what is wrong.
    The service is poor, we can't get these attacking players involved. But then, the movement is often static up-front and the ball isn't sticking either. It comes back too quickly. We look slightly dis-jointed at times. Others it clicks and we look good. A couple of results that go our way & it looks healthier. I do feel we aren't far away at all from clicking and being a decent side on a regular basis.
    Sometimes an injury or suspension means a change & introduction of someone new. And different. I really do think we need to get Holtby in this starting 11 asap and work on getting him & Dack on the ball in the final 3rd hurting the opposition.
    Nobody is pulling away though Aucks. Swansea & Leeds both lost. It is turning out to be a very tight division from top to bottom.

It is tight, Champs, but the key is in your first sentence. I worried about central midfield when I saw the line-up, but that didn't turn out to be the main issue.
    My biggest disappointment was Rothwell. He has looked good as a sub, but he just couldn't get into this game.
    As it is, the manager is going to have to start worrying about the defence again, and it looked as if we had put that behind us.
    Without Travis, we are definitely flaky, but Holtby was one bright spot. After the penalty, I thought, "OK - maybe we are going to have another good final quarter..."!!
    I dread looking at the Telegraph site, because the pages will barely be legible through the mouth-foam.
    We're dog-sitting at the moment, so I think I'll take her out for a long walk!
    As for the Huddersfield game, I think it will have to be Tosin, Holtby and one more fresh face (R-C? Chapman? Buckley?)
    The group who started at QPR definitely need a bit of shock-treatment.

I don't want to be that kind of person, I told you so ......But I just don't rate Rothwell. He is not a footballer, with a footballing brain. Head down players who run into blind alleys will never make it properly. He is a ball carrier, but doesn't do it well enough, and rarely finds a killer pass (Like he did for our pen). We can never rely on him moving forwards. And I do feel we must add Graham to that. He isn't bringing anything to us. You saw it today, how did he look? I really do feel this Dack, Graham & Armstrong attack away from home is not effective anymore. Whether it's we've been figured out (as we are doing the same things as last season) or it's because Graham is no longer able to do that specific role.
    We do miss Travis, and I really do think this needs changing for the Hudd's game. They are in good form now and will come at us.
    I genuinely don't know what has gone wrong with our defence, or what the answer is. We do have Tosin though, and I just think we are conceeding goals and he must come in. It's surley worth a change.
    All in all right now, and I thought this last Sat, we looked unconfident and struggling to create anything. Also without Mulgrew around our set plays are very poor. I really like Downing but nothing, even our set plays are working. And it's noticeable. We don't miss Mulgrew in defence, yet the problem still remains there. But we really do miss his corners, free kicks and general distribution. Not worth bringing up at this point, as he's at Wigan. But I still think he should be able to play in midfield for us, alongside Travis & Downing. And do what Johnson does. Evans won't change things and make us better.

Champs, leaving aside the rest, there is no chance of winning a game when the defence performs like that.
    They went from looking totally composed against Forest to absolutely panic-stricken against QPR.
    Have you noticed we don't get many bog-standard ordinary performances?
    We are either decent or awful!
    The players have really got to perform for Mowbray against Huddersfield now.
    He's too kind sometimes. I think he needs to throw the cat amongst the pigeons.
    I believe three or four from Tosin, Holtby, Chapman, Buckley, Gallagher and Rankin-Costello should all be considered for starting-places.
    Last edited by AucklandRover; 06-10-2019 at 01:57 AM.

We need to really shake the defence up a bit.
    3 at the back with Rankin Costello and hart as wing backs.
    I do not trust nyambe or bell,who both leave us painfully exposed.
    Hopefully the hamstring injury is not too bad on travis as without him,we look awful in the middle.
    I would play travis and Davenport in the middle and a front 3 of downing,Armstrong and Holtby.
    We need a huge shake up of the team
    Graham is pedestrian these days,dack looks like he wants to be on TOWIE
    Rothwell looks like a impact player and nothing more.
    Defensive frailties also happen in the middle
    Evans,Johnson and smallwood are not good enough for this club moving forward,I would love mowbray to be ruthless and play travis alongside Davenport centrally.
    After all now is the time to be ruthless or certain players will just coast along.

The trouble is, Robin, if he makes too many changes and it doesn't work, he'll get panned for that too.
    If I was him, I'd consider walking away now, because the job's not worth the abuse.
    He won't do that, though.
    I am quite happy with fair criticism. My pet hate, however, is those posters on the Telegraph site who don't comment at all when we have played well, but start screaming and foaming again after a bad performance.

I don't understand why anyone would read the comments on the LET site

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)