+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Summed up perfectly

Summed up perfectly

Taken from BBS [hope he doesn't mind]

How was that the best transfer window ever? Estimated ROI?

Because let me tell you this, a good transfer window in this country involves identifying personnel who can compete in the here and now. This is one of the most prestigious, competitive and difficult leagues in European, nay World football. The rewards for competing in it are good, the rewards for getting out of it are either phenomenal or disastrous, dependant on which way you exit.

What the Championship is NOT, is a closed shop MLB / NFL / MLS league of franchises who are guaranteed to play the same teams year in year out. This is the English 2nd tier, Barnsley FCs spiritual home and which we look totally lost in, in no small part due to your activity over the summer and your failure to grasp what I have described above.

It is a big mans league and you have equipped us with boys. Good, honest lads but totally out of their depth. As are yourselves. I have no choice but to respect your business acumen but this is our club you are toying with.

Best transfer window ever? Yee har.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Taken from BBS [hope he doesn't mind]

How was that the best transfer window ever? Estimated ROI?

Because let me tell you this, a good transfer window in this country involves identifying personnel who can compete in the here and now. This is one of the most prestigious, competitive and difficult leagues in European, nay World football. The rewards for competing in it are good, the rewards for getting out of it are either phenomenal or disastrous, dependant on which way you exit.

What the Championship is NOT, is a closed shop MLB / NFL / MLS league of franchises who are guaranteed to play the same teams year in year out. This is the English 2nd tier, Barnsley FCs spiritual home and which we look totally lost in, in no small part due to your activity over the summer and your failure to grasp what I have described above.

It is a big mans league and you have equipped us with boys. Good, honest lads but totally out of their depth. As are yourselves. I have no choice but to respect your business acumen but this is our club you are toying with.

Best transfer window ever? Yee har.
    Can't argue with that assessment Exile , nail hit firmly on the head .

Time the figures in the background playing their fantasy football games on computers were made to be accountable .

You've a 25% stake in this club , man up .

I have to totally disagree with the end of the original post. These are business men and women who ARE making money out of the club rather than 'toying' with it. Why the hell would they have bought it in the first place? Theres no emotional connection, it's purely profitable business, nothing more. The concept sickens me but there you go. This is what it has become, football is secondary. Hoss has blagged and blagged to pacify the fans but some are now starting to see what's going on.

Brad Potts leaving and nobody of note coming in as a replacement told me all I wanted to know about their mentality last January. It was quite clear that profit was on the agenda rather than promotion. Juddy moncur was also sold to our promotion rival. Answer is simple, profit over promotion.

It is irrelevant which division we are in to these people. The objective is to buy young players, develop them and sell on for a juicy profit. It's a recognised fact that the head coach/players will take the flack off most supporters whilst the owners remain unaccountable. They're well aware of this and use it cleverly. Head coaches like Stendel are easy pickings for Conway and co, you have to remember that Stendel was unemployed and unproven when they picked him up. He was a cheap option that fitted their agenda. To them, the guy is basically a puppet, just like Hecky was and I've no doubt that our next head coach will be the same and the one after.

The best interests of the club or its fans is way down on the list of priorities guys. The consortium doesn't have the integrity of someone like John Dennis because they are not fans or emotionally connected with this area. We are now part of the multimillion pound profit making idustry that is football. Personally I can't really be doing with it anymore and have felt this way for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    I have to totally disagree with the end of the original post. These are business men and women who ARE making money out of the club rather than 'toying' with it. Why the hell would they have bought it in the first place? Theres no emotional connection, it's purely profitable business, nothing more. The concept sickens me but there you go. This is what it has become, football is secondary. Hoss has blagged and blagged to pacify the fans but some are now starting to see what's going on.

Brad Potts leaving and nobody of note coming in as a replacement told me all I wanted to know about their mentality last January. It was quite clear that profit was on the agenda rather than promotion. Juddy moncur was also sold to our promotion rival. Answer is simple, profit over promotion.

It is irrelevant which division we are in to these people. The objective is to buy young players, develop them and sell on for a juicy profit. It's a recognised fact that the head coach/players will take the flack off most supporters whilst the owners remain unaccountable. They're well aware of this and use it cleverly. Head coaches like Stendel are easy pickings for Conway and co, you have to remember that Stendel was unemployed and unproven when they picked him up. He was a cheap option that fitted their agenda. To them, the guy is basically a puppet, just like Hecky was and I've no doubt that our next head coach will be the same and the one after.

The best interests of the club or its fans is way down on the list of priorities guys. The consortium doesn't have the integrity of someone like John Dennis because they are not fans or emotionally connected with this area. We are now part of the multimillion pound profit making idustry that is football. Personally I can't really be doing with it anymore and have felt this way for a few years.
    Good points Pass

Bang right Pass that's why I've given it a fkit tablet