+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Never gonna happen

If only it was that simple. The player we want is prob 2/3 choice in prem or a poke in the dark (nice) lower league player. All depends on other transfers. Plus wages... when you consider anyone in senior Citeh squad is on 30-50k per week, you risk unrest. One thing we deffo have is a great team spirit, no one roll of dice signing is worth disrupting that. Hopefully one of our own emerges

Said it before, say it again, we (teams down here) rely on catching half decent players going down on there way out or spotting up and coming talent. Bit of luck and a fair bit of skill finding and hooking these talents. Game has changed in the way players...a lot off-shore want to go and finish their career ‘back home’....and the $$$$$. Up and coming talent is well spotted and snapped up....even our own lads especially goal scorers are well researched and poached. Skill comes in when you can see something in a player others miss, right attitude etc. I have no idea where our goal scorer will appear, if ever so maybe we rely on luck! Maybe we have something right there before our eyes but we haven’t seen yet? We are just about there but we are missing the keystone. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    Sorry I mistyped above about Vile ahead of you but you lost 9 last season, we lost 13.. so maybe 10 is about max you want to lose

True but as I indicated, after 1st week of season, ( we lost first two), ie. after August 8th we only lost 7, in the same period this season you've already lost 3. The Championship is unbelievably interesting. Don't get above yourself again this season, or swallow all the hype around Bielsa. Good luck for the rest of the season, i think you should do it this year

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    One thing you can say about MB is that we'll never be "draw experts" under him. If we draw that basically means we lost the match. Games such as Forrest and Derby where we controlled the entire game and failed to finish it off.

Tactically, he's always going to attack and continue to attack. If we don't start finishing games off we'll end up missing out again.

as agonizing as it is I'd still rather have our style of play that some of the doormats that pack the box with 9 players and hope for a goal against the run of play. Has to be boring as hell to watch your team play that style of ball.

There is so much parity in the league that if we do start finishing I can't see anyone but WBA staying with us. They at least attacked when they had to and were very good at it. Most of the rest just play hoofball.
    Sounds like the naivety of Chris Wilder in his first season back in the Championship, always attacked, went for the win, he learned for last season and managed games better. Bielsa might do the same this season

fudge by the FA/League - red card rescinded but not enough evidence to say Bradshaw dived- god knows what footage they were looking at - maybe they played the footage in a different room so they couldn’t see it - at least Berardi will be free to play as imho he brings a lot to the team in terms of competitive edge

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    fudge by the FA/League - red card rescinded but not enough evidence to say Bradshaw dived- god knows what footage they were looking at - maybe they played the footage in a different room so they couldn’t see it - at least Berardi will be free to play as imho he brings a lot to the team in terms of competitive edge
    Yes..and Berardi also has a tendecy to bring a red card with him..bloke is a liability and should have been shipped out last season.

Reap what yer sow.....

Beradi is a walking liability, either a red card or penalty is coming any minute he is in the pitch, all this commitment and workrate stuff doesn't hide that fact, I'd rather have ayling in there and Dallas at right back.

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    Beradi is a walking liability, either a red card or penalty is coming any minute he is in the pitch, all this commitment and workrate stuff doesn't hide that fact, I'd rather have ayling in there and Dallas at right back.
    Could try Beradi at RB and Ayling CB, after all RB is supposedly Berardi's best position though he never ever plays there. If it dont work swap em back.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)