+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tumbleweed central

Tumbleweed central

Good win today, but not a lot of people posting on here.. I remember when this site was hoaching with punters.. can't blame people though..all the adds, pop ups etc really ruin coming on here... anyway, I hope today, even with such a weird lineup, is the turning point and the team can kick on from here.. especially since the champs got beat last night sat the bottom club makes the gap not that insurmountable..

We needed the three points today, but another unconvincing display, with one up front.

The ref didn't help, every tackle was a foul

Still don't see much improvement.

The main negative yesterday was needless passing about at the back and still a lack of urgency half the game.

Positives were we won, total control in second half, 2 goals (by shooting) and the clear vision dorrans has to pass in front of payers so we can move forward.

Funny thing, I was in the mainer yesterday and the amount of negativity after even 15 minutes was incredible. When the ****e played Arbroath and were losing until 88mins they were behind their team and scored 2 in last minutes. Maybe fans can play a part too?

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    The main negative yesterday was needless passing about at the back and still a lack of urgency half the game.

Positives were we won, total control in second half, 2 goals (by shooting) and the clear vision dorrans has to pass in front of payers so we can move forward.

Funny thing, I was in the mainer yesterday and the amount of negativity after even 15 minutes was incredible. When the ****e played Arbroath and were losing until 88mins they were behind their team and scored 2 in last minutes. Maybe fans can play a part too?
    We have a sizeable minority at Dens who just don't support.

We had Forster arguing back with the crowd, Jack Hamilton gesturing with his hand towards the crowd (Our fans will destroy this guy eventually) and Byrne letting off a bit of steam as well.

The Cox is just appalling, 3 mins (I looked at the clock) when the first awful shout came.

What I find incredible is the small things....ie Marshall got taken off injured he gets a very good reception (no encouragement during the game mind you), when the subs warm up they get a good reception ( I think some of these paps just go to clap the subs) but the subs can't get a game in the team they think is utter ****e and the honouring of bang average ex players....clapping Bobby Linn taking a corner for example and I heard one dad explain to his son that he was "a great player for this club"......seriously it's just nonsense.

I've seen people post that this goes on at all club's but at those clubs they still have a reputation as being great fans when things are going well (hearts and dons obvious examples) we don't even have that.....Our support is moany or moanier depending on how well we are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    We have a sizeable minority at Dens who just don't support.

We had Forster arguing back with the crowd, Jack Hamilton gesturing with his hand towards the crowd (Our fans will destroy this guy eventually) and Byrne letting off a bit of steam as well.

The Cox is just appalling, 3 mins (I looked at the clock) when the first awful shout came.

What I find incredible is the small things....ie Marshall got taken off injured he gets a very good reception (no encouragement during the game mind you), when the subs warm up they get a good reception ( I think some of these paps just go to clap the subs) but the subs can't get a game in the team they think is utter ****e and the honouring of bang average ex players....clapping Bobby Linn taking a corner for example and I heard one dad explain to his son that he was "a great player for this club"......seriously it's just nonsense.

I've seen people post that this goes on at all club's but at those clubs they still have a reputation as being great fans when things are going well (hearts and dons obvious examples) we don't even have that.....Our support is moany or moanier depending on how well we are doing.
    The howls of derision are beyond comical now. It’s very pantomimesque and a total minter.

Outside the ground people had started moaning about the line up dies that beat 3mins? Or that it was more hissing than booing disqualify it?

The howls of derision are beyond comical now. It’s very pantomimesque and a total minter.

Outside the ground people had started moaning about the line up dies that beat 3mins? Or that it was more hissing than booing disqualify it?
    See I kinda accept moaning away from the game (I'm quite good at it) but at the game I just can't stand it.

Instead of family sections, singing sections, wrinkly sections, we should have a not overly happy but reasonably contented no moaning ****s section....I think it would be quite popular.

Give you another example.....guy across from me constantly moaned about passing across the back (particularly Forster) and gave some sage advice from 10 mins in about going long....now I'm all for mixing it up a bit so I'm ok so far.....he continues his coaching for the whole of the first half to no avail really and gets really angry when we score "we don't deserve that".

2nd half starts, forster goes long....goal kick, 2 mins later forster goes long and wide...throw in.....

The coach rises to his feet and shouts "forster find a ****ing man you idiot, keep the ba"

Now that's like telling a bairn take the stabilizers aff your bike, fell aff, ffs, put the stabilizers back on.

Quote Originally Posted by napper View Post
    Good win today, but not a lot of people posting on here.. I remember when this site was hoaching with punters.. can't blame people though..all the adds, pop ups etc really ruin coming on here... anyway, I hope today, even with such a weird lineup, is the turning point and the team can kick on from here.. especially since the champs got beat last night sat the bottom club makes the gap not that insurmountable..
    How many times you posted this year?

Most of them were on there way home when they equalised....

Let’s not make out there some set of superfans.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    How many times you posted this year?
    Take it you've not been employed as campaign manager to get people back😄

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    Take it you've not been employed as campaign manager to get people back
    Thats the reserve of clique members.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)