+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ok I’ll say it as well.

tangerinos first post since the play off in paisley, doesn't contribute after positive results... odd for a so called Utd fan

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    tangerinos first post since the play off in paisley, doesn't contribute after positive results... odd for a so called Utd fan
    Not odd in the slightest. Never liked Neilson and I never will. He is a dud and the positive results are all to do with Shankland and Neilson never had anything to do with his signature.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    Not going to lie I've been disappointed with Neilson and I was delighted with the appointment at the time. His team selections are sometimes baffling, he is very negative and stubborn and I really question what the team practice on the training ground because it certainly isn't free-kicks or corners.

In saying all that our new owners obviously have faith in him and I personally still believe we have the best squad in the league which SHOULD mean we will win it. I don't think he's a charlatan, and his track record shows that.

However I really want to see an improvement in player attitude, team selection and this negative mindset or I too will lose patience.
    You’re right in commenting on the word charlatan.
    It is too strong a word but I’d had a few beverages and it’s a word I like.
    We are top of the league and if it stays that way then I’ll eat my words and be happy to do so.
    Unfortunately I have my doubts based on your comments and others.

Quote Originally Posted by An old shed boy View Post
    No doubt someone will produce statistics to prove Neilson is the messiah.

We flatter to deceive again this season with the odd good result masking the poor performances.

Sure we’re still top because of results but not down to him.
    1. Is it possible to think Neilson is doing an okay job and to want him to remain without necessarily thinking he’s the Messiah? Or is it Messiah or the sack?

2. ICT, Dundee, Dunfermline, Morton - some tremendous performances there. And we’ve only played 8 games.

3. Er, how else do you get to be top of the league if not for results? You know how league tables work, aye?

Quote Originally Posted by Conan View Post
    1. Is it possible to think Neilson is doing an okay job and to want him to remain without necessarily thinking he’s the Messiah? Or is it Messiah or the sack?

2. ICT, Dundee, Dunfermline, Morton - some tremendous performances there. And we’ve only played 8 games.

3. Er, how else do you get to be top of the league if not for results? You know how league tables work, aye?
    Yes I know how leagues work no need for the sarcasm. It’s not funny and it’s not clever.
    And I didn’t suggest getting rid of him either but I don’t thing he’s doing the job particularly well.
    Are you only judging Neilson on the good games. What about Ayr, Arbroath and Alloa.
    Were these performances not worthy of criticism.
    Don’t recall the Messiah being mentioned.
    We should be top of the league with the squad we have. And as someone else posted despite Neilson not because of him.
    If you’re happy with him that’s fair enough. I don’t have a problem with you not agreeing with me.
    Didn’t you notice that I said I’ll happily eat my words if we win the league.

Quote Originally Posted by An old shed boy View Post
    Ok by that token I’m entitled to say you’re an arrogant ****.
    Of course you are. However, you are sailing very close to the wind dishing out personal abuse.
    Last edited by TerryTheTerror; 06-10-2019 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Of course you are. However, you are sailing very close to the wind dishing out personal abuse.
    I apologise for that.
    Totally accept personal abuse is not acceptable.
    I have no problem with you thinking my opinion is pish but might have been better if you’d said why you think that.
    For me a better manager- whoever that might be - would do better with that squad.
    I do get it that it sounds stupid seeing as we’re top of the league.

It really does, if you don't think we have a good chance winning the league this year then it goes against most stats that say we have a very good chance under RN (our pts per game is very good just now despite Fri, our home form is excellent)

Certainly a lot more chance than if we changed manager during the season (which would be daft as we are trying to get stability finally) that would be a huge own goal

We aren't going to win every league game, we will lose games, would anyone rather we had won 4 drew 4 and had 16 pts? We win most games and don't draw any these days

I think some fans just can't get out of the short term thinking, it's very frustrating, definitely have allowed previous years to cloud their judgement thinking the same happens again but it won't, this season is different, we will bounce back quickly

It really does, if you don't think we have a good chance winning the league this year then it goes against most stats that say we have a very good chance under RN (our pts per game is very good just now despite Fri, our home form is excellent)

Certainly a lot more chance than if we changed manager during the season (which would be daft as we are trying to get stability finally) that would be a huge own goal

We aren't going to win every league game, we will lose games, would anyone rather we had won 4 drew 4 and had 16 pts? We win most games and don't draw any these days

I think some fans just can't get out of the short term thinking, it's very frustrating, definitely have allowed previous years to cloud their judgement thinking the same happens again but it won't, this season is different, we will bounce back quickly
    I don’t think anybody thought we could win every game and would lose some along the way.
    Buts it’s the way we’re losing that some of us see as the problem.
    After our first four games we had a great chance to give ourselves a good lead but managed to blow it with two poor away performances.
    I’m not advocating punting Neilson but am not convinced he’s the man for the job.
    You obviously do and I really hope you’re right at the end of the season.

Short term thinking? Seen as you are good at producing stats, for how many seasons out of the last 10 have we SHAT IT after Christmas? Despite so many changes,

Same heartless players,
    Same stubborn manager,
    Same unacceptable results,

So excuse me for feeling its gonna be the same old, same old!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)