+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ok I’ll say it as well.

Ok I’ll say it as well.

Neilson is another charlatan masquerading as a United manager.
    And we will not win the league under him.
    No doubt someone will produce statistics to prove Neilson is the messiah.
    But we continue to fail at crucial times.
    We hardly laid a glove on a piss poor St Mirren team last season.
    We flatter to deceive again this season with the odd good result masking the poor performances.
    With the squad, his squad, we should win this league comfortably but we won’t.
    Two shocking performances against Ayr and Alloa.
    Sure we’re still top because of results but not down to him.
    If there’s a plan B then I’ve yet to see it.

No stats, just disagreement. What a load of knee jerk pish.

Quote Originally Posted by An old shed boy View Post
    Neilson is another charlatan masquerading as a United manager.
    And we will not win the league under him.
    No doubt someone will produce statistics to prove Neilson is the messiah.
    But we continue to fail at crucial times.
    We hardly laid a glove on a piss poor St Mirren team last season.
    We flatter to deceive again this season with the odd good result masking the poor performances.
    With the squad, his squad, we should win this league comfortably but we won’t.
    Two shocking performances against Ayr and Alloa.
    Sure we’re still top because of results but not down to him.
    If there’s a plan B then I’ve yet to see it.
    Not going to lie I've been disappointed with Neilson and I was delighted with the appointment at the time. His team selections are sometimes baffling, he is very negative and stubborn and I really question what the team practice on the training ground because it certainly isn't free-kicks or corners.

In saying all that our new owners obviously have faith in him and I personally still believe we have the best squad in the league which SHOULD mean we will win it. I don't think he's a charlatan, and his track record shows that.

However I really want to see an improvement in player attitude, team selection and this negative mindset or I too will lose patience.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    No stats, just disagreement. What a load of knee-jerk pish.
    What’s knee jerk about it.
    And it’s not pish it’s an opinion which is just as valid as yours.
    You might think the sun shines out of Neilson’s a*** but that doesn’t make it a fact.

We may well win the league but it won't be because of Neilson. It'll be because we have an exceptional striker who's papered over the same cracks as last year.

Quote Originally Posted by An old shed boy View Post
    What’s knee jerk about it.
    And it’s not pish it’s an opinion which is just as valid as yours.
    You might think the sun shines out of Neilson’s a*** but that doesn’t make it a fact.
    Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I can't see where I've indicated anything else. So by the same token, I'm entitled to say yours is knee-jerk pish.

Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I can't see where I've indicated anything else. So by the same token, I'm entitled to say yours is knee-jerk pish.
    Ok by that token I’m entitled to say you’re an arrogant ****.

I think we will still win it and with RN in charge however how big the gap will be at the end depends on how much he messes about with the starting 11 and over thinks things. Hes currently playing:

A right back at left back
    CH at right back
    Left Back at Left Mid or a striker at left mid
    Pawlett in a role no ones really sure whether its a 10 or striker

Nothing annoys me more than a manager moving boys out of position to cover an injury which now means we are weaker than what we were in both positions ie our current situation with Smith covering Robson, it would be okay if we had decent cover at RB but Watson is not good enough to justify the move of Smith.

Hope Robson can get back soon and I really dont like wishing injuries on anyone but its probably going to take an Injury to Pawlett for Robbie to set us up properly again with Apperre up top/closer to Shankland.

Without Butcher we are too weak, i think some of these players are showing they are decent enough for this level but not consistent enough to be considered for us long term. There is still work to be done in that squad and I hope we have a couple of targets lined up for January, particularly left mid, another CM and we need cover at full backs if Sporle cant play there.

No stats, just disagreement. What a load of knee jerk pish.

Big time, the stats say otherwise, that's him had about 36 league games... A good few without his own team but with lots of pts in charge that suggest he can this league and he has won it before

We haven't allowed a manager a full season since Ray 2016/17, Neilson deserves one

We look to have stability to build, are top with the *best record* in the league after 8 games and been *top from the beginning* and that's down to Neilson and the team he has assembled

If anyone thought we were not going to lose games along the way then they were mistaken, while Fri was awful and nowhere near good enough you move on, only if it ever becomes an extended poor run that can jeopardise the objective do you look at anything else.

You are an arrogant ****

Bet you walk about with a fluorescent jacket in the house.

Neilson is utter garbage, MK Dons found that out very quickly and got shot of him.

Losing against part time clubs regularly is NOT acceptable. Look at his post match interview, weak as ****.

NEILSON OUT NOW

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)