+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gallagher in Scotland squad

Gallagher in Scotland squad

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/49953632

I doubt he'll play but well done nonetheless.

“WELL” deserved

The guy's been class for us this season, very composed, best centre back in a long time at FP. Well done fully deserved a call up.

Maybe he'll get a run out against San Marino?

http://www.motherwell-mad.co.uk/news...89/index.shtml

I'd prefer it if he didn't play for Scotland as I want him fresh for us and not running the risk of picking up any injuries. Plus playing for the national team gets him more exposure which will make it harder for us to hold on to him so hopefully he stays benched for these two games.

He's contracted to 2021 and if we thought there was the slighest hint of him agreeing to it, we should be doing a Kipre and chucking him more money for an extension already. It wouldn't keep him with us much longer, if at all, but would probably be repaid in the fee we'd get.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    He's contracted to 2021 and if we thought there was the slighest hint of him agreeing to it, we should be doing a Kipre and chucking him more money for an extension already. It wouldn't keep him with us much longer, if at all, but would probably be repaid in the fee we'd get.
    Aye we should try to extend his deal if we can to give us some stability going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    I'd prefer it if he didn't play for Scotland as I want him fresh for us and not running the risk of picking up any injuries. Plus playing for the national team gets him more exposure which will make it harder for us to hold on to him so hopefully he stays benched for these two games.
    Seriously ... IMO thoroughly deserved and enjoy whilst plays a Motherwell jersey.
    He’s a far better centre back than Souter or McKenna and hopefully can cash in

Quote Originally Posted by dasdeid View Post
    Seriously ... IMO thoroughly deserved and enjoy whilst plays a Motherwell jersey.
    He’s a far better centre back than Souter or McKenna and hopefully can cash in
    Agreed. Personally, I think he'll get a shout in 1 (or even both) games given the lack of central defenders available. Having turned his personal life around from dodgy times 3-4 years back I wish him all the best. We do need to get his pen to paper for an extension though, 'cos IMO it's a matter of time before he's another one we move on for a good fee.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)