+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Main Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Kiriakov was a Bulgarian international who played in the World Cup. Curtis Main is a clown who looks like he’s never even watched a World Cup.
    He’ll be watching the rugby World Cup in Japan.
    Maybe he should try that sport.

Quote Originally Posted by KIWIRED View Post
    Main is another of those lazy DM signings
    If I was on the board I would want a full written convincing appraisal giving me positive recommendations what would he bring to the club.
    Why out of hundreds of available players why should give him a contract ?
    What does him bring that others cannot
    What are your expectations scoring wise per season 5 , 10 , 15 ?
    Does he have a resale value or is he a depreciating asset
    Will he be a mentor for the younger players
    Will his signing make a positive impact with the rest of the squad and ultimately will the fanbase be delighted .
    How will he fit in.

I do wonder sometimes how are recruitment is carried out.
    He certainly doesn't meet any of the above criteria
    Already is a liability and a complete waste of wages

I imagine he was like the vast majority cheap and available, there can be no other reason for bring him to the club
    McInnes signed him solely on his performance against us for Motherwell when they knocked us out of a semi final. That’s the harsh reality of some of our recruitment work. We as a club are extremely lazy and not interested in searching for the best we can bring in with the funds...we are more thinking the way of who we can bring in that is a nice guy who doesn’t have a problem relocating to Aberdeen.
    If I was McInnes and let’s face it the last few transfer windows have been shambolic as such, I would be ditching Russ Richardson and trying to get someone else who can lead our recruitment drive. Someone who can actually spot a real talent and get them in the building.
    Last edited by RED_JOHN; 07-10-2019 at 07:02 AM.

Our scouting is non existent. hence why we end up with pish players

Quote Originally Posted by KIWIRED View Post
    Main is another of those lazy DM signings

Already is a liability and a complete waste of wages

I imagine he was like the vast majority cheap and available, there can be no other reason for bring him to the club

Strangely enough, the very little of the Hibs game I listened to on the radio provided me with the information that Main had been priced out of other clubs budgets and that Aberdeen were the only ones prepared to meet his personal terms.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Strangely enough, the very little of the Hibs game I listened to on the radio provided me with the information that Main had been priced out of other clubs budgets and that Aberdeen were the only ones prepared to meet his personal terms.
    Incredible if true.

DNA money has been handy

Kiriakov was a Bulgarian international who played in the World Cup. Curtis Main is a clown who looks like he’s never even watched a World Cup.

Regardless (ffs) ... both still utter pish ... file under 'Solberg and Co'.

When I kept tropical fish I was parking up beside the aquarium shop at kittybrewster.
    I saw Kiriakov coming out of the bookies there and walking over to the bar at the Northern Hotel.
    It looked like he had settled into the Scottish way of life just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    So that's why our budget is so high this season. Curtis Mains wage.

Milne is an absolute buffoon. If he is being paid handsomely there needs to be questions asked but there won’t be. Milne afforded Calderwood the same autonomy as he has given McInnes. Honestly, how many players has he signed in the past two years that have worked? Ferguson and maybe Hedges. It’s so infuriating to see our ‘third biggest budget’ being squandered on either sh1te or crocks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast