+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: League stats under RN

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Shedka, i asked before and i ask again, have you posted on other forum in the past? And do you still post there now?

The reason i ask is you seem to use whats written elsewhere to create a bigger argument than is really necessary.

I read other forum, but whats on elsewhere is rarely relevant to what people are saying here. In point, i see very few calling for Nielsens head on here, but you seem to delight in using it against us, which i think is well out of order!

No and no.

I'm not creating an argument others are and are continuing it in fact, I find it amusing and pathetic that it's still being discussed, I highlighted the ott reaction in general (I'm talking the Neilson out stuff) and at no point did I say it was a group of posters on here, I clearly mentioned a general ott reaction to a United win, which it was given the circumstances

I don't seem to anything, that's your incorrect assertion, I've backed up any views with facts or reasons and countered those I disagree with the same (that RN sends them out to start slow which is keech imo)

I am quite clearly behind the manager as his results have proven to me see have he right man, and as someone who was shouting for him to be given the job that's obviously pleasing after the utter fail that was Csaba, I really want stability for the club but also would love to see everyone united and behind him and the club right now as think it's merited given what has happened since he joined and with the good done since Ogren arrived

I find it frustrating across a lot of the online forums that we seem to just like to look at the negative and go a bit ott whenever there is a setback when it's obvious by the trend in results that we are on an upwards trajectory and in the best place we have been overall since the last day of January 2015, but I put it down to the latter jackie, mixu, ray and csaba years taking their toll

Criticism of players and manager has always been a thing on forums, as is having different views after games, I slated the result and performance at Alloa and Neilson isn't beyond criticism and he has had more than his share proportional to his record

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    For what it's worth TTT seems to be getting a rough ride here by Ballumbie, JJ etc, imo. He seems to be open to opinion but is being accused of the opposite by posters who can't take in his opinion. Shedka on the other hand has always thrown insults at posters when he doesn't agree with his opinions(me included) but WTF guys get a grip........"knicker wetters" lol.

All aboard the offended bus.

I've put up with more trolling or insults/digs than most over the years on here, water of a ducks back, if I directly insulted you I can't remember but apologies

Think you are a good poster but have had your wee digs in the past, I don't hold any grudges and tend to ignore most digs or jibes

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    My friend? If you are on about shedka I do not know the guy at all, aside from his posts on here. If you go back to then Csaba was in charge you would see we had total opposite opinions then.

Personal abuse isn't allowed, I simply pointed that out. I'm not aware shedka has actually done that but if your can point it out I'll have something to say about that too.

That's priceless from jjfalup, unlike balumbie etc who put forth argument or points of view, he has had not much Input other than little comments here and there, if anyone is looking to create arguments or keep things going, it's him and calling me a troll is silly.

As you say, a year ago we were opposite end of views, I recall being adamantly Csaba out, you and Frank saying he needed more time, i agreed we needed stability but would never get it with him (clown) etc. Must not have been reading on here during those months!

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    For his entire spell since Alloa was his 36th league match in charge and also how it's developed over the stages of his time in charge...

Neilson league record so far
    Pld 36 W22 D6 L8 F59 A34 Pts 72
    Win% 61 ppg 2.0 gfpg 1.64 gapg 0.94

Since Jan window (his own team)
    Pld 22 W15 D2 L5 F40 A18 Pts 47
    Win% 68 ppg 2.14 gfpg 1.82 gapg 0.82

This season to date (after summer window)
    Pld 8 W6 D0 L2 F22 A8 Pts 18
    Win% 75 ppg 2.25 gfpg 2.75 gapg 1.0

Improvement in each area pretty much and just to compare games won/win% and pts/ppg to previous winners and runner up

2013/14
    Dundee Won 21 (58.3%) Pts 69 (1.92)
    Accies Won 19 (52.8%) Pts 67 (1.86)
    2014/15
    Hearts Won 29 (80.6%) Pts 91 (2.53)
    Hibs Won 21 (58.3%) Pts 70 (1.94)
    2015/16
    Sevco Won 25 (69.4%) Pts 81 (2.25)
    Falkirk Won 19 (52.7%) Pts 70 (1.94)
    2016/17
    Hibs Won 19 (52.7%) Pts 71 (1.97)
    Falkirk Won 16 (44.4%) Pts 60 (1.67)
    2017/18
    St Mirren Won 23 (63.9%) Pts 74 (2.06)
    Livingston Won 17 (47.2%) Pts 62 (1.72)
    2018/19
    R County Won 21 (58.3%) Pts 71 (1.97)
    United Won 19 (52.7%) Pts 65 (1.81)

Back on topic as this thread was about league form under RN, what is left out the OP was the comparison with Ray and Csaba

McKinnon
    Pld 46 W20 D14 L12 F60 A53 Pts 74
    Win% 43.8 ppg 1.61 gfpg 1.30 gapg 1.15

Csaba
    Pld 31 W14 D7 L10 F50 A42 Pts 49
    Win% 45.2 ppg 1.58 gfpg 1.61 gapg 1.35

Awful.

Replying to your own posts. Well I guess that's the only way you'll win an argument.

This thread makes me glad I took an extended break from reading and posting.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    Replying to your own posts. Well I guess that's the only way you'll win an argument.
    It’s impossible to reason with some people.
    He actually believes he’s some kind of super poster. Long winded ****e in every post.
    But we’re all wrong except him.
    It’s like reading some demented lunacy reading his pish.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    No and no.

I'm not creating an argument others are and are continuing it in fact, I find it amusing and pathetic that it's still being discussed, I highlighted the ott reaction in general (I'm talking the Neilson out stuff) and at no point did I say it was a group of posters on here, I clearly mentioned a general ott reaction to a United win, which it was given the circumstances

I don't seem to anything, that's your incorrect assertion, I've backed up any views with facts or reasons and countered those I disagree with the same (that RN sends them out to start slow which is keech imo)
    You still go on about an overall reaction, something that is unfair on the good posters of this very parish. You say yourself that you dont post elsewhere, so if you put up a generalized post after someone on here, dont you see how you could be creating a bigger argument where its not needed?

And i have not asserted anything, all i have done is put over an opinion of what you seem to be doing, doesnt make it right though, but if a consensus follows either opinion, who is right? To back up your argument, you usually come out with statistics, something that even statisticians say are statistically inaccurate as they dont show the whole picture.

For example,
    v QotS last season played superb, no win.
    v Arbroath, played pish, escaped with a win.
    v Alloa, beat one nil, maybe should have been 3 or 4!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    You still go on about an overall reaction, something that is unfair on the good posters of this very parish. You say yourself that you dont post elsewhere, so if you put up a generalized post after someone on here, dont you see how you could be creating a bigger argument where its not needed?

And i have not asserted anything, all i have done is put over an opinion of what you seem to be doing, doesnt make it right though, but if a consensus follows either opinion, who is right? To back up your argument, you usually come out with statistics, something that even statisticians say are statistically inaccurate as they dont show the whole picture.

For example,
    v QotS last season played superb, no win.
    v Arbroath, played pish, escaped with a win.
    v Alloa, beat one nil, maybe should have been 3 or 4!
    Decent post but waste of time.
    Guy lives in a twilight zone where only his opinion counts and produces statistics to prove it.
    Totally bizarre reading the ****e he’s posted tonight.

This thread has to be down there with some of the worst ever on this forum…

How can anyone be er$ed with this sh!te? It's like a bunch of ****age girls in here. (no doubt I'll get banned for saying that but I don't care - I'm done.)

I've been reading and posting on this forum in it's various guises for 18 or 19 years now but I'm totally sickened by the way people are behaving now.

All this accusing folk of saying stuff and being abusive. Analysing and scrutinising every word if the opinion doesn't match yours. I've never seen so many instances of people saying "where did I say that?" when being accused of something.

What's the team called? Oh, that's right - Dundee UNITED!! No much unity here though.

Dry your eyes, change your knickers and grow the fcuk up!

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)