+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Absolutely over the moon. (my take on the game)

I thought it was sh1te,turned it off.Under Ashley it seems most are easily pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    I thought it was sh1te,turned it off.Under Ashley it seems most are easily pleased.
    It's great to get 3 points but I'm not going to get carried away with beating this Man U side that are looking like finishing about 8th. The Spurs result was more impressive and that didn't change the fact it's going to be a hard season.

Most of the football was poor. I have no problem with counter attack, having everyone involved in defending is fine as long as you have enough bodies willing to go forward when we have the ball attackers were isolated too often yet again. I've seen a few people say Maxamin should release the ball early...he did to good effect a few times...but usually he'd have beat a few players and found I'm self up the pitch with nobody available to pass to and nobody moving.

Having said that there were certainly positives.

The saint and Willems(why couldn't we have found a similar player for the right instead of Krafth?) can form a dangerous left side for us. I love saint maxamin, he really scares defenders when running at them..we need to take advantage of the space he creates much better.

Bruce needs to be praised for being brave enough to throw young Matty in. The brothers are not too different in style but I think they can form a good partnership. It certainly works better than anything involving Shelvey. I was worried that Matty's enthusiasm would get the better of him...the few occasions he lost shape and went ball chasing, Sean covered very cooly.

We did actually pass the ball well on occasion, it's nice to see pass and move...why they find it difficult to do well. ..

Felt sorry for big Joe again...hopefully the saint and Almiron will push up higher with him and more runners join in with attacks in future.

I'm very happy with the win, but it's not enough to allay my relegation fears.

OP .. What a load of Bo||Ock$ . If Benitez had organised a team like that you would have been slating him , despite a win .
    Newcastle were truly awful and Man Utd reserves even worse .. We were lucky to face them when we did . Matter of time for OGS to be sacked and if we play like that v Chelsea we will get beat by 3 or 4 .
    Do not underestimate how bad Manure were , the worst Man U team I have ever witnessed ( the worst start to a season in 30 years ),yet we still only had 31% possession at home.
    We are going down make no mistake .

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Wilf isn't just pleased, he's back on with his Mackem pals saying how much he loves Ashley. ..

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigSausage View Post
    OP .. What a load of Bo||Ock$ . If Benitez had organised a team like that you would have been slating him , despite a win .
    Wrong. I have never slated Benitez when we've won. I've slated him when we've lost due to him shutting up shop while we were losing and refusing to have a go.
    Go and take a look at my post history and pick out where I've slated Benitez like you mention.

Newcastle were truly awful and Man Utd reserves even worse ..
    You clearly didn't watch the game or if you did, you are one bitter person. There was nothing awful about our display. It was a breath of fresh air.
    As for Man Utd reserves, you can only play what's in front of you and also we made one hell of a lot of changes going into a game on the back of a drubbing.

We were lucky to face them when we did .
    No...they were unlucky to face us when they did, because they came up against a focused, battling well drilled unit and had no answer to it.

Matter of time for OGS to be sacked and if we play like that v Chelsea we will get beat by 3 or 4 .
    He might get sacked but then again I don't care what happens to him. He's not my concern and nor are Man Utd now that we've despatched them.
    As for Chelsea, we may get beat. We may get hammered. We may nick a point or we may take all 3. Nobody knows the outcome until the outcome is inevitable......Including negative YOU.

Do not underestimate how bad Manure were , the worst Man U team I have ever witnessed ( the worst start to a season in 30 years ),
    Of course. Any team will be the worst team ever if Newcastle beat them.

yet we still only had 31% possession at home.
    Aye and we used it very effectively. Man Utd didn't because we were too well drilled.

We are going down make no mistake .
    Feel free to shove whatever doom you want to onto the club. I believe we'll be just fine.
    Last edited by ghostrider; 07-10-2019 at 03:13 PM.

From what I have heard yesterdays result didn't have a lot to do with Bruce.There was a team meeting in the week and tempers flared a little and was player power that influenced the way we set up tactically.
    I am not saying what I have been told is gospel as 9 times out of 10 it starts off and by the time the likes of us hear it the truth is exaggerated,but tactics were top of agenda.The players not happy to have had to change tactics for every game. Especially as they are well drilled into playing this way and it worked at Spurs and for a time at Liverpool.
    It was a good win dont get me wrong but let's not get carried away.

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post
    Wilf isn't just pleased, he's back on with his Mackem pals saying how much he loves Ashley. ..
    When 90% of nufc fans liked Benitez .. He hated him .. 90% of fans hate Bruce .. He loves him . Complete Bellend.

When 90% of nufc fans liked Benitez .. He hated him .. 90% of fans hate Bruce .. He loves him . Complete Bellend.
    Try and be accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Try and be accurate.
    He's far more accurate than anything you've ever posted.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Wrong. I have never slated Benitez when we've won. I've slated him when we've lost due to him shutting up shop while we were losing and refusing to have a go.
    Go and take a look at my post history and pick out where I've slated Benitez like you mention.
    I definitely remember you going missing when we beat Man City. I don't remember you giving any credit to Benitez at all for that win. At least the majority of us on here give Steve Bruce credit for beating Man Utd but for you not to do the same for Benitez after we beat a record breaking Man City makes you look like what many suspect you are, a Troll.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)