+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Longstaff

Angry Longstaff

It will be interesting to see how he performs against Manchester, seeing that they allegedly, were trying to sign him.T be honest, I like him, but hes overrated imo, and the verbal blast he came out with after Leicester was deserved, but not from him. He was just as bad as the rest of them, jogging back before their first goal, hes a young lad ffs, surely he wasn't tired! No, wouldnt bother me if he wasn't in the team against Manchester, question is who would be in his place, and please don't anybody say his brother.

I wouldn't necessarily say he's over-rated; maybe we've expected too much of him too soon but, for me, the potential is there for him to be a very good player indeed.

I would put him in without question with Ki alongside him. At least he helps to build up attacks ( us and the word 'attacks' in the same sentence, ffs) through passing around the midfield rather than Shelvey's Hollywood balls to an isolated-and unsupported-Joelinton which just mean the ball keeps going back to the opposition 99 times out of 100.

I suppose an option would be a back 3 of Lascelles, Fenandez and Dummett with Schar pushed into a holding role if you weren't keen on Longstaff but, other than that, we're worryingly short of options.

For what it's worth, Longstaff would be a starter every time for me.

Agreed with that Zip.

I think we may have expected to much to soon because we're so desperate for someone.

I'd have him as starting player as well.

I also don't think longstaff and shelvey play well together

which could have had a bearing on his leicester performance

I'd put Schär in CM next to Longstaff, I think that would be an epic duo.

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    It will be interesting to see how he performs against Manchester, seeing that they allegedly, were trying to sign him.T be honest, I like him, but hes overrated imo, and the verbal blast he came out with after Leicester was deserved, but not from him. He was just as bad as the rest of them, jogging back before their first goal, hes a young lad ffs, surely he wasn't tired! No, wouldnt bother me if he wasn't in the team against Manchester, question is who would be in his place, and please don't anybody say his brother.
    Credit where its due, the pair of them were excellent, at least we know what to expect from Matty now, we know he wont be overawed by the opposition, and plays his normal game. Its early days for them both but the signs are good, Fatty will be rubbing his hands, the fat c..t

He did well...scored a good goal and nearly had a better one. He scored one like his effort against the crossbar in pre season...he can certainly strike a ball!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)