+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dario - Club Statement on Official Site

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Harkin View Post
    I think the football world in general would like to think that some kind of acknowledgement should be given towards all the lads who suffered at the hands of those employed at Crewe.
    As far as I am aware they have already done that and you are going off on a tangent.

Quote Originally Posted by Me For Crewe View Post
    As far as I am aware they have already done that and you are going off on a tangent.
    Please accept my sincere apologies,now theres a statement you wont have heard coming out of Gresty Rd.

Please accept my sincere apologies,now theres a statement you wont have heard coming out of Gresty Rd.
    Or indeed a Vale fan when he climbs off his sister?

We shouldn’t let a thread that is praising Dario be hijacked by abuse or by a Vale fan stirring the pot. It is as far beneath us as it would be beneath Dario’s old mucker from the glory days, John Rudge.

Bennell is the only one to be convicted for all the goings on at Gresty Road and I absolutely deplore what went on as I assume every other Alex supporter is of the same frame of mind. Below is an extract from a Crewe Chronicle news article dated 27/03/2019 which I have found. Notice that one of the words used is "reiterate", so obviously this is not the first time that they issued a statement.

Asked about the settlement and lack of apology, Crewe have issued a statement saying: “The club does not consider it appropriate to comment on individual cases that are being dealt with by its insurers, except to reiterate that it sincerely regrets the abuse committed by Barry Bennell and expresses its deepest sympathies to the victims and survivors.”

People in glass houses etc Not that long ago half of Vales players were known to the authorities. The luckiest perhaps Ched Evans mate who got off free while Evans served a sentence. Feed the Pope and he will kick the shoite outta you in full view of CCTV.

Don't bite fellas, we really shouldn't give a flying one what people outside of our own club think (or say).

Yawn.....

Very helpful on a thread about our greatest manager... sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by lyndongrange View Post
    People in glass houses etc Not that long ago half of Vales players were known to the authorities. The luckiest perhaps Ched Evans mate who got off free while Evans served a sentence. Feed the Pope and he will kick the shoite outta you in full view of CCTV.

Don't bite fellas, we really shouldn't give a flying one what people outside of our own club think (or say).

Yawn.....
    Oh dear, the indiscretions you talk about pale into insignificance when you consider the charges brought against Bennell while he was employed at Crewe

However enough from me on this subject on a football forum,history will decide the rights and wrongs.

By the way,your having a good season, they say you can judge a team after 10 games or so and it looks like you could be on for a good campaign,obviously the benefits of having a settled squad is paying dividends.

Well you’re right there, TH... the benefits of longer term contracts and sticking with the manager and coaching staff when things aren’t going quite as well. It helps when you’ve got a big group of young players coming through together (not unusual for our match day 18 to include at least 12 ‘of our own’) and then get the right type of experienced players to supplement them. All we have to do now is not lose too many of them in January!

I would like to see DG back at the ground soon and will shake his hand in thanks for all he has done for the club . He has put the club firmly on the map for type of football we played and the players it produced. I cannot think of another club from the lower leagues who have had so many players in the top flight at the same time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast